Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 Coliers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Imagine the Oilers without McDavid
Oh but the Jets are an irrelevant franchise and the worst team the Oil have lost to all year.

LOL a few resorting to attacking the quality of the city (as if Edmonton is any better) and the history of the franchise (granted no cups but to think the Oilers are relevant if they were not gifted McDavid...)

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I missed the game - so all I can say is it is great to see the team walking out of that rink with a win with half a team.
Sounds like Helle was Helle - love it when he steals one, especially against the Oilers - they hate losing to Winnipeg.
One game at a time - take 'em any way we can get 'em -
Happy New Year Jet Fans!

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
They are extremely sour in Oiler land tonight, apparently we clutch and grab all night long, and we are a mediocre team. Apparently making sense of the standings is a bit much this evening.

Do people honestly care what Edmonton and/or their fans think? They haven't been a relevant city in decades. If you do, it's time to rethink your priorities.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Okay, now I got "the hair flip" from her so I gotta go!

Happy New Year everyone!

lacey-chabert-not-another-teen-movie.gif
Didn't you say you had to go the last time?.....lol

• Haha
Reactions: Guardian17

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Great win.
I actually liked how the Jets/Noose played tonight … smart hockey and they never trailed in the game.
Oh I’m also happy to see no Samberg negativity tonight … since nobody is mentioning it what a great block at the end of the game.by Samberg.
I know Samberg has made a few mistakes and will make more but he has only played 42 games and defence is the hardest position to learn.
Happy New Year everybody and hopefully is it’s a good one for you … I know it will be for the Jets.:pcheer::hockey::stanley::jets:partytime:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
No, well that's up to their mods. I hope pouting like colicky toddlers doesn't become the standard though because that'll mean a lot more work for us when the Jets lose games.

That was no typo, by the way. "puling" = "crying softly, as a newborn child".

But I mean, come on. "The Jets are the worst team we lost to all year", when their three prior losses were to Anaheim, Nashville, and Vancouver? Tell me that doesn't deserve a ban just on principle.

AussieBomberJet

Dec 28, 2017
Northern Beaches, Queensland
I lived in Edmonton for 8 years, but was able to make my escape. They have serious Calgary-envy and do nothing but compare themselves to Calgary. Edmonton has the exact same socio-economic issues as we do, don't be fooled if they say they are leagues about Winnipeg; trust me, they are not. When Winnipeg was awarded a second franchise, I can't tell you how many of them exclaimed we didn't deserve another team because we weren't a big-city metropolis like them. And I think someone on that thread was trying to imply Edmonton is like Manhattan 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

A few photos of beautiful Edmonton

mill-creek-graffiti.jpg
images (1).jpeg
images (2).jpeg
images (3).jpeg

TENT_CITY_PIC.jpg

Needless to say I had to knock a few people down from their self-imposed deluded pedestals. I mean, their claim to fame is...........an outdated shopping centre!!! Oh, and the fact that Alberta has oil. Which is the ONLY reason Alberta does well economically (and poorly as well during slump times). So as a former temporary Deadmontonian, I would advise current residents to not go knocking other cities. Take a look in the mirror and clean up your own back yard first.

I also lived in Lethbridge. Loved that city and the people there; by far classier than their northern counterparts.

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
That was no typo, by the way. "puling" = "crying softly, as a newborn child".

But I mean, come on. "The Jets are the worst team we lost to all year", when their three prior losses were to Anaheim, Nashville, and Vancouver? Tell me that doesn't deserve a ban just on principle.

If that was the only Jets game you watched all season I can see why someone would think they're not very good. They certainly stole this one.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
unpopular opinion incoming, the Oilers didnt deserve shit. THey missed tonnes of great chances and the shots they did get on net were shit. My 6 year old had them pegged "they were trying to be too fancy".

We didnt deserve to win either but f*** the Oilers and that garbage heap of an organization

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
unpopular opinion incoming, the Oilers didnt deserve shit. THey missed tonnes of great chances and the shots they did get on net were shit. My 6 year old had them pegged "they were trying to be too fancy".

We didnt deserve to win either but f*** the Oilers and that garbage heap of an organization
How is shitting on the Oilers unpopular? It is our next favourite thing after shitting on the Leafs.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I lived in Edmonton for 8 years, but was able to make my escape. They have serious Calgary-envy and do nothing but compare themselves to Calgary. Edmonton has the exact same socio-economic issues as we do, don't be fooled if they say they are leagues about Winnipeg; trust me, they are not. When Winnipeg was awarded a second franchise, I can't tell you how many of them exclaimed we didn't deserve another team because we weren't a big-city metropolis like them. And I think someone on that thread was trying to imply Edmonton is like Manhattan 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Needless to say I had to knock a few people down from their self-imposed deluded pedestals. I mean, their claim to fame is...........an outdated shopping centre!!! Oh, and the fact that Alberta has oil. Which is the ONLY reason Alberta does well economically (and poorly as well during slump times). So as a former temporary Deadmontonian, I would advise current residents to not go knocking other cities. Take a look in the mirror and clean up your own back yard first.

I also lived in Lethbridge. Loved that city and the people there; by far classier than their northern counterparts.

Edmonton is basically is bigger Winnipeg, them bagging on Winnipeg is throwing stones while living in a glass house. Same weather as Winnipeg (bragging about it being only -15 in Edmonton as opposed to -18 in Winnipeg doesn't count as you are not doing shit in either temperature), more suburban sprawl, a worse airport that is located 20 minutes outside city limits. Calgary on the other hand is a great city with much better weather, a beautiful downtown and affordable housing.

They actually miss Driesidel and Kane. If both played against this version of the Jets it would havd been ...
The same outcome thanks to Helly 🤨

And the Jets are missing their entire right side on forward and Schmidt/Stanley on the backend and Morrissey playing with an injury. No team can use the injury excuse against the Jets. I am sure if Draisaitl was playing they'd have scored on one of their many PPs but if the Jets had Wheeler, Ehlers and Schmidt I am sure they'd have looked much better too.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We are missing Ehlers, Wheeler, Perfetti, Appleton, and Schmidt. That's 5 starters out of 20 , i don't expect alot from that many guys missing. There isn't a team in the NHL that wouldn't be affected by that many starters out of their lineup. Luckily we have one of the best goalies in the league to keep us in games and win games for us. McJesus had 74 points going into last night's game and got absolutely nothing against us, that is a great job by Helly and the Moose.:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad