Tribute Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Goodbye and Good Luck part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Why this thread? He wanted out, he signed the thing and it pissed us for a week. He's gone, out of town...
Before the Offer Sheet KK thread was on the third page, now it's all were hearing about. Let it die, he's gone and he's not even worth half of his AAV.

Reactions: angusyoung

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
So funny how the narrative on KK here has completely changed since he's no longer a Hab.

Before this, I got lambasted, harassed, and attacked relentlessly for telling it like it is about KK. Now suddenly everyone sees the same things I've been seeing for past year+. Lol. Just proves that most people here can't be objective and their opinions are based around what they want to happen, rather than reality. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
So funny how the narrative on KK here has completely changed since he's no longer a Hab.

Before this, I got lambasted, harassed, and attacked relentlessly for telling it like it is about KK. Now suddenly everyone sees the same things I've been seeing for past year+. Lol. Just proves that most people here can't be objective and their opinions are based around what they want to happen, rather than reality. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Should have drafted Hughes and avoided all this drama.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
Hughes would be locked as 6th-7th, third pairing dman, rotating in and out of the lineup because of his defensive lapses and Romanov would still be playing in the K because of having too many green dmen.
You must be the only person on the planet who given a second chance wouldn’t draft Hughes over KK. The women in the stands at that fateful draft expressing horror has proven to be correct. Maybe the Idiot Savant should consider hiring her.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
You must be the only person on the planet who given a second chance wouldn’t draft Hughes over KK. The women in the stands at that fateful draft expressing horror has proven to be correct. Maybe the Idiot Savant should consider hiring her.

I didn't say that. That's your own failure in text analysis.

My point is, whether it was BK, Hughes, KK, Dahlin, except maybe for Svechnikov, they would've all had defensive lapses, making it almost certain they wouldn't have got the same opportunities here than on the teams that drafted them.

I mean, on top of that, the post above yours says the exact same thing I said, so I'm far ftom the only one who sees this.

Really, next time take to re-read and wonder if you actually got the point before replying.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
Indeed, a pioneer.The vessel is very impressive however.
I didn't say that. That's your own failure in text analysis.

My point is, whether it was BK, Hughes, KK, Dahlin, except maybe for Svechnikov, they would've all had defensive lapses, making it almost certain they wouldn't have got the same opportunities here than on the teams that drafted them.

I mean, on top of that, the post above yours says the exact same thing I said, so I'm far ftom the only one who sees this.

Really, next time take to re-read and wonder if you actually got the point before replying.
Perhaps. But I think the implications of your post speak for themselves. Nevertheless, I stand by what I said pre-draft that year: that at 3AO, Montreal should be drafting Hughes who would be giving them a player who would most times be the most dynamic player on the ice and who would probably turn out to be a more impactful player than the presumptive first over all pick. And I stand by that assessment and prediction. I wonder what the horrified lady in the stands thinks?

Reactions: cphabs

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
How would Tkachuk look with Nick and Cole.:thumbu:

Great ship BTW:nod:
You assume he wouldn't have also signed an OS had he been with us.
Perhaps. But I think the implications of your post speak for themselves. Nevertheless, I stand by what I said pre-draft that year: that at 3AO, Montreal should be drafting Hughes who would be giving them a player who would most times be the most dynamic player on the ice and who would probably turn out to be a more impactful player than the presumptive first over all pick. And I stand by that assessment and prediction. I wonder what the horrified lady in the stands thinks?

I thought that was Zadine's mother or wtv his name is?

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Hughes would be locked as 6th-7th, third pairing dman, rotating in and out of the lineup because of his defensive lapses and Romanov would still be playing in the K because of having too many green dmen.

Q. Hughes should definitely be a bottom pairing D though (with all the PP time he can get) The guy is like 5 or 6th in the league last season in high danger chances against per 60. At 5v5, he absolutely was a liability for the Nucks, not ready at all to face top competition. It was apparent in every game of the Canucks I saw

Reactions: dralaf

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Q. Hughes should definitely be a bottom pairing D though (with all the PP time he can get) The guy is like 5 or 6th in the league last season in high danger chances against per 60. At 5v5, he absolutely was a liability for the Nucks, not ready at all to face top competition. It was apparent in every game of the Canucks I saw
The guy is like Mete on steroids and he's probably asking 8M$ a year...

All Star John Scott

Jan 17, 2016

Don't worry Brother I was right there with ya, Miller Time just couldn't see Bambi for what he was :(

Capz

Jul 1, 2019
We drafted for need and got f***ed simple as that. Not worth the money at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad