Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman II - still waiting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
If it’s so objective…what’s he worth?
It’s subjective

Me? 4/26, 6/42, 8/62

Pick one or go take classes at Maine

It’s great he wants to learn and expand his business knowledge and look after his goalie brethren

But first how about playing a few seasons of 55 games

And say whst you want Swayties but the Domi (Carolina), Verhague (Florida), and Forsling (Florida) scored late and ended series Rask or Thomas probably make

Sway is top 5 in my mind and franchise goalie in the making but the resume is light.

It’s nice he opens up about his dreams and aspirations but I’d rather see a deep run and heavier workload

#TEAMSWAY1

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
I’m reading ‘he’s upset they took him to arbitration’

seriously if that is true he’s soft as room temperature butter
I mean he's a goalie......most goalies are weird!
The culture of this team since Chara came has been to take team friendly contracts so they can stay competitive. If I'm Pasta, McAvoy, Marchy.......I look at Swayman now after back to back sulky offseasons and wonder if they even want him part of this team. Yeah he's a very good goalie, but the attitude is a lot........aka Segsy!

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
How do they benefit? How many cups did they get from Marchand, Bergeron, Chara and Krejci getting less? Their 2nd line rw was Karson Kuhlman in 19 because they couldn’t even play Backes They take the savings and spend it on garbage. Pasta didn’t take less. Mcavoy either. Swayman certainly should not.
I mean it doesn't always work out, and what your arguing is a separate discussion than what I was talking about, which is about where they spend that savings. If guys take less AND they spend it properly, no doubt they have a better chance to win.

Elias Lindholm made $4.85m last year. He should have taken less to sign with Boston and compete. He didn't need to add $3m more to his salary.
Zadorov made 3.75m. Why didn't he take "fair value" instead of getting another 1.25m?
McAvoy's contract is $9.4m signed 2 years ago when the cap was $82m. Is Swayman asking for 600k more with 6m more on the cap any worse?
I would love for every guy to sign team friendly deals of course, but that just isn't the business. We don't know if Swayman is asking for 600k tbh, and if he is then I'm not nitpicking him getting that extra 600k.

On the other end of the spectrum even if you think Sway should get as much is he can, surely you have an upper limit of acceptable too right? What if he's asking for 2 mil more or 3 mil more? Are you happy he got every dollar he can if he signs a 15 mil contract?

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Guy won the series on his own. Look at his numbers. Amazing all the "fans" bad mouthing him and willing to kick him to the curb for trying to get his money. You all must make great employees, pro management and all.

He's 25, a burgeoning superstar and people are delusionally making up contracts in their mind that he should sign or else.

As fans shouldn't you want the best players and let the cap guys worry about making the money work?

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I mean it doesn't always work out, and what your arguing is a separate discussion than what I was talking about, which is about where they spend that savings. If guys take less AND they spend it properly, no doubt they have a better chance to win.

I would love for every guy to sign team friendly deals of course, but that just isn't the business. We don't know if Swayman is asking for 600k tbh, and if he is then I'm not nitpicking him getting that extra 600k.

On the other end of the spectrum even if you think Sway should get as much is he can, surely you have an upper limit of acceptable too right? What if he's asking for 2 mil more or 3 mil more? Are you happy he got every dollar he can if he signs a 15 mil contract?
Do you really trust these guys to spend the savings the correct way?

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Trying to be fair to management and Swyaman and not going to comment on negotiations but everybody complaining about Swayman can you please explain why the Bruins have gone the defense and goaltending route and have decided to play Sinden era negotiation tactics? Next I'm waiting for the he can go yodel commentary from management.

They put aside 8.5 for him, at this point make it a two year deal at 8.5 and find another starter who is as good or better if you want to play grind it out, defensive hockey. If you are going that route (which I like with the added physicality) you better have a top 10 goalie who doesn't let in soft goals as your starter, right now they have that in Swayman.

In your opinion what teams would pay him 10 mil ?
Add Utah and Anaheim. Possibly Colorado if they can clear cap space.

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Edmonton and Toronto for sure. They'd have to move some salary to do it but both of them are seriously held back by their goalies.
some salary, they would need to move more than "some" salary, Toronto needs to sign Marner, and Edmonton needs to sign Draisaitl, so just those two teams are not realistic in this conversation.

Reactions: lopey

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If Edmonton or Toronto want to pay 4 firsts in compensation for an offer sheet to Swayman, he can pack his bags today.
At first blush four years of an extra 1st sounds attractive. However, add a guy like Swayman to Edmonton or Toronto and you can pretty much bank on those picks being virtual 2nd rounders.

Of course our own first rounders might be quite valuable if we go with Korpisalo and Bussi for a season or so, so there's that.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
If Edmonton or Toronto want to pay 4 firsts in compensation for an offer sheet to Swayman, he can pack his bags today.

They'll just wait for the hold out and get him for a 2nd rounder in the trade

some salary, they would need to move more than "some" salary, Toronto needs to sign Marner, and Edmonton needs to sign Draisaitl, so just those two teams are realistic in tis conversation.

Toronto can move Tavares, Edmonton can eat salary to move Nurse or can move RNH

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The magic number will be around 8M and term at 6 years. I worry that one GM will offer Swayman an offer sheet that Sweeney will have to match.

The Cap is the creation of Jeremy Jacobs - 20 years ago there was no season mainly because Jacobs was fed up with Mike Ilitch willing to lose money to win a Cup.

Today can Sweeney make the numbers work? :dunno:

I’m not concerned about offer sheets. There are only 2 or 3 teams that can afford it and the cost is not a straight AAV but term over 5 years. So an 8x7 is calculated I believe at near 11M .

@DominicT explains it very clearly.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I’m not concerned about offer sheets. There are only 2 or 3 teams that can afford it and the cost is not a straight AAV but term over 5 years. So an 8x7 is calculated I believe at near 11M .

@DominicT explains it very clearly.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
They'll just wait for the hold out and get him for a 2nd rounder in the trade

Toronto can move Tavares, Edmonton can eat salary to move Nurse or can move RNH
Who is going to take Tavares, without retention, and if you move him that savings would go to Marner, and Edmonton needs D and Nurse would not be that easy to move also.

Reactions: lopey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad