Value of: Jeff Petry (with or without retention)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Is Minnesota a fit? They look pretty thin on the right side given the guys that left this summer. Faber and Addison are promising but there seems to be little wiggle room if someone gets hurt or falters.

If the Habs take Goligoski back AND retain i'd have to think they could potentially get something interesting here.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Ryan Strome.

Maybe Detroit for Chariot with retention
grimace-clint-eastwood.gif

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
What do you mean based on what? He finished the season with 22 points in 34 games and was basically the only Hab to drive play and outchance and outscored opponents when he was on the ice.

He was Montreal's best playdriving D man on the Cup run and it was only after his freak finger injury that his play started to slip.

Where are you getting your info? Perceived vibes?
Out of his a$$

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Wanna bet ?
He’s a cap dump the end
Montreal is stuck with him this year and they hope they can move him at next years deadline

All of the players in this deal minus EK are cap dumps to offset his high salary
He was a top 50 defenceman last year in both PPG and icetime in the NHL but yeah he's worth as much as Hoffman.

He was overpaid at 6.5M for a 35 years old defenceman sure, but under 5M per season or even lower with another retention he's a solid 2nd paring defenceman on pretty much any team in the NHL, NYR included with that overrated 3rd pairing guy Trouba.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Wanna bet ?
He’s a cap dump the end
Montreal is stuck with him this year and they hope they can move him at next years deadline

All of the players in this deal minus EK are cap dumps to offset his high salary
sure

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I'd love him on the Leafs, but it would be tough to make it work.

I dont get why he's suddenly this negative asset - was he that bad in Pitt?

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
habs fans wanted byram/newhook+/1st+barron. they were never gonna get that from sakic. they got a decent package tho. in the end they got newhook too but boy was it costly.
Lol get serious. No habs fan expected that

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Lol get serious. No habs fan expected that
yea they did. we are talking about outliers tho. most avs fans expected a 2nd + something small most habs fans were at a 1st+. in the end he got a 2nd + b prospect. roughly in the middle. slightly favoring the habs.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Your still pushing it,

Pitts had a hard time getting rid of him
Pittsburgh needed to free up cap space in a hurry. Montreal can consider retention, or wait until the deadline when cap issues are often manageable, or take money back, maybe even more than Petry is making. Montreal has a lot of options on the table that Pittsburgh didn't.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Unless I missed it, there was no welcome back news conference. That makes it look like there is a deal in the making, although it looks less likely every day.

Probably starts with the Habs and gets traded mid season to a team with injuries.

I love to know which teams are on his no-go list.

Great, now we need to listen to all the habs fans for the next 6 months telling us that they are getting a first round pick for Petry at the deadline :rolleyes:
1st is not enough, I want a 2nd added and a box of chocolates.

You know you have an ignore button and you can use it if you don't like a thread.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad