Value of: Jeff Petry (with or without retention)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
There seems to be this automatic assumption, if the Habs retain half for the next 2 years, the asset in return is suddenly going to be much more attractive. Forgetting most teams not only have to create a spot for him now, but they know he’s not the same player he was 3-4 years ago.

Plus he’s still going to have a significant say where he goes.

I guess the question that needs to be asked is, what’s that value level, where they’re still willing to eat half that salary for the next two years?

All the retention does for other teams is, makes it easier for the acquiring team to trade for him. Doesn’t necessarily change what they’ve been willing to give up for him over these last 6 weeks. Remember, both Buffalo and Detroit could’ve taken that contract. They chose not to.

So what is that level of expected value for retaining $2 million for two years?

Is it a 4th Round Pick? Is it Gustav Lindstrom in return?

Is it a 2nd Round Pick OR an Elmer Soderblom?

Or is it a Chiarot? How about Nate Robertson? Brodie?

I’m guessing that opinion changes on each of those different levels of return, and most people will say that second grouping.. I’m not so sure it’s not much closer to that first group.

What say you Montreal fans?? What’s the absolute least amount of return you’d accept for using a retention slot of $2 million for two years?
Good call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad