Speculation: Jeff Petry On the Move Soon?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
:laugh: :laugh: You honestly think that Dallas is going to pay the price? For a 34 year old RHD making 3 x $6,250,000 having the worst season of his career. Even Jim Nill isn't that stupid.

Ho so i understand what it is. You want him in Detroit for free. Guess what. N E V E R G O N N A H A P P E N.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
Oh i totally agree, I don't see Petry being moved at the trade deadline. if he's moved this summer it's probably 100% at the draft. Thank god he wont be coming home to Detroit. We don't want him and Yzerman will not give up anything of value for a player that doesn't fit our rebuild timeline anyways.
Ok good so we agree that Petry doesn't have ALL THE LEVERAGE in the world...

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Ho so i understand what it is. You want him in Detroit for free. Guess what. N E V E R G O N N A H A P P E N.
Dude i don't want Petry in Detroit, he's far too expensive too old for our rebuild. Petry wouldn't even be a upgrade in Detroit because he sure isn't better then either Seider or Hronek right now. Heck Gustav Lindstrom and Petry have about the same number in points right now 6.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
I agree. But why not trade them in the same deal.

Petry retained 1,5-2M$ for Klingberg. Then Habs trade Klingberg for futures at the deadline.
I never thought of that, I like it… but I would hang on to him and sign him long term. Finding or developing somebody to replace Petry isn’t happening any time soon

Reactions: Benstheman

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
The habs can take back a roster player in the trade, so I dont know why you are assuming that the interested teams need to have 6.25 M of capspace free.
They don't if Montreal is willing to retain, No sane GM is giving up much for Petry with no retention. Just depends on how much Hughes is willing to retain on Petry. If he retains $2,000,000 and Petry @ 3 x $4,250,000 possibly more teams would be in on him Detroit included.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I never thought of that, I like it… but I would hang on to him and sign him long term. Finding or developing somebody to replace Petry isn’t happening any time soon

I don't think Klingberg would want to sign here. But there are rumours Letang might be signing here as a UFA next summer.

Reactions: EquabaleAce

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I don't think Klingberg would want to sign here. But there are rumours Letang might be signing here as a UFA next summer.
I wouldn't want either unless they are dirt cheap. We are rebuilding not looking for old guns.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Post of the year so far
No one overvalues their players like Montreal fans. Petry is a 34 year old injury prone #2-3 D being paid 6.25m for 4 years. Myers is a 32 year old #4 D making 6m for 3 years. That extra year on Petry's contract significantly lowers his value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad