Speculation: Jeff Petry On the Move Soon?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
i could see petry ( 0 retention) plus lehkonen at 50% retention and a third round pick for klingberg and khudobin.

dallas avoids losing klingberg for nothing while getting assets back to help them now . can always trade petry next year to recoup assets .

montreal than flips klingberg at 50% retention at the deadline to the highest bidder

montreal salary out 7.4/dallas salary out 7.58

montreal uses two retention spots here . saves one for chariot. all 3 open up again at end of season . trade kulak and a fifth for a third to recover that top 100 pick .

next year montreal uses three retention spots on price drouin and byron to squeeze as much value as possible . gallagher's contract is to long to retain on and will be dealt with another contract coming the other way in return .
Pretty good scenario. I think it's realistic too. Seems to me like Dallas management still believe in their core after signing Suter last summer

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
i could see petry ( 0 retention) plus lehkonen at 50% retention and a third round pick for klingberg and khudobin.

dallas avoids losing klingberg for nothing while getting assets back to help them now . can always trade petry next year to recoup assets .

montreal than flips klingberg at 50% retention at the deadline to the highest bidder

montreal salary out 7.4/dallas salary out 7.58

montreal uses two retention spots here . saves one for chariot. all 3 open up again at end of season . trade kulak and a fifth for a third to recover that top 100 pick .

next year montreal uses three retention spots on price drouin and byron to squeeze as much value as possible . gallagher's contract is to long to retain on and will be dealt with another contract coming the other way in return .

Why would we trade kulak and a fifth for a third? The team needs bodies. This isn’t playstation.

Lehkonen and Petry for Klingberg seems like bad value and too complocated

Reactions: vokiel

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Pretty good scenario. I think it's realistic too. Seems to me like Dallas management still believe in their core after signing Suter last summer
dallas may want more but we are taking on khudbodin to . i think any of the top 8 teams in east would like klingberg at 2.1

Gaud

May 11, 2017
No one overvalues their players like Montreal fans. Petry is a 34 year old injury prone #2-3 D being paid 6.25m for 4 years. Myers is a 32 year old #4 D making 6m for 3 years. That extra year on Petry's contract significantly lowers his value.

Petry isnt injury prone - he got injured last year, but missed what... 10 games in the 4 seasons before that?
Iis the argument that a #4 D is better than a#2-3 at a comparative salary because he is 2 years older and "injury prone"? Alright, agree to disagree; Petry's contract will still look better in 3 years IMO.
Also, isn't Myers injured more often? his numbers don't look good
upload_2022-2-1_8-50-4.png

Reactions: TomKosto

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
f
Why would we trade kulak and a fifth for a third? The team needs bodies. This isn’t playstation.

Lehkonen and Petry for Klingberg seems like bad value and too complocated
for the last thirty odd games of the season you bring in the kids to get their feet wet . kulak on his own doesn't get a third but he might get us to improve a pick by 30-45 spaces in the middle rounds

the complicated part i don't know what to answer to that . i didn't think it was overly complicated

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
f

for the last thirty odd games of the season you bring in the kids to get their feet wet . kulak on his own doesn't get a third but he might get us to improve a pick by 30-45 spaces in the middle rounds

the complicated part i don't know what to answer to that . i didn't think it was overly complicated

The nhl team is already filled with ahlers though, no room to trade Kulak if Petry and Chiarot are gone

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
Broke his finger and opted to sew his fingers together to not get surgery. You don't think that has an affect on his play going forward?

This season alone he has had two separate injuries that he has played through. The first one he was on IR for some time.

Call it what you want but 3 injuries in like 7 months for a 34 year old is pretty bad. He's been playing through injuries, doesn't mean he isn't prone to getting them.
:laugh::laugh:, next time before faîling at calling someone injury prone on two different post, just google him and see if he missed more than 20 games in the last 5 years. You are something man! :help:

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
Petry isnt injury prone - he got injured last year, but missed what... 10 games in the 4 seasons before that?
Iis the argument that a #4 D is better than a#2-3 at a comparative salary because he is 2 years older and "injury prone"? Alright, agree to disagree; Petry's contract will still look better in 3 years IMO.
Also, isn't Myers injured more often? his numbers don't look good
View attachment 503968
The dude clearly has no idea what he is talking about, too much booze on a monday night.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Petry has stated numerous times that he wants to be as close to home as possible, And Dallas is over 1,000 miles away. The only west team he might waive for is Chicago since it's closer to Detroit then Montreal. There was mentioning that all western teams were included in his no trade list that he'd only waive to stay in the east.
What does it matter if place A is 400 miles and place B is 1000 miles if the time to get to place C is the same? Where is this mentioning coming from?

Gaud

May 11, 2017
The dude clearly has no idea what he is talking about, too much booze on a monday night.

Well i find it is a weird take, but Petry has fallen so far that i wonder if he is injured. Otherwise, I wouldn't put them both in the same category. No one was saying 6M was an unfair contract

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
Well i find it is a weird take, but Petry has fallen so far that i wonder if he is injured. Otherwise, I wouldn't put them both in the same category. No one was saying 6M was an unfair contract
All the team must be injured then… It’s well documented that he has familly issue (his wife and kids not in Canada) and motivation issue. His decision making is so bad this year, he doesn’t look like a injured player. A GM just told Lebrun that for him, his value has not drop from last year. Yea the contract is a little bit long, but to say you prefer Tyler Myers to him and tell Habs fan overrate their players…i mean come on.

Last edited:

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
A first round pick for Petry. "You are on a roll sir".

There are zero NHL teams that will give you a first for Petry unless you retain a significant amount or take back an equally bad contract.
Never said we could not retained salary or take a bad contract? All i'm saying is that Hughes is going to get a first or a top prospect for a number 2 D, if he has to retained salary he will, we have a rich owner. My feeling is that he will get traded in the summer. Anyway, you seem hopeless, enjoy your Tyler Myers.

Last edited:

Gaud

May 11, 2017
All the team must be injured then… It’s well documented that he has familly issue (his wife and kids not in Canada) and motivation issue. His decision making is so bad this year, he doesn’t look like a injured player. A GM just told Lebrun that for him, his value has not drop from last year. Yea the contract is a little bit long, but to say you prefer Tyler Myers to him and tell Habs fan overrate their players…i mean come on.

I agree. Also, a team getting Petry isn't in it for the long run, they are in it to win now. His contract may be long, but he may fit within a 2-3 year window quite nicely.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Girards got 26 points in 41 games. His .64 PPG is more than Gallagher, Josh Anderson, Hoffman and Suzuki.

You know, Forwards that are paid to score. Or in the Habs case, not score and rack up obscenely negative plus/minus stats.

or Chiarots whooping nine points and minus 25 which you’re trying to sell as a top pick worthy player. Or Petrys 1 goal and six points in 37 games while making $6.25mm.

If Girard is negative value, what does that mean for the Habs players producing far less on the worst team in the NHL?
Girard playing on a team loaded with offence has 26 points in 41 games
Question is how many points would he have playing for Montreal ?
Less than 26 more than likely.

It's unlikely Montreal will make any trades with Colorado.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Girards got 26 points in 41 games. His .64 PPG is more than Gallagher, Josh Anderson, Hoffman and Suzuki.

You know, Forwards that are paid to score. Or in the Habs case, not score and rack up obscenely negative plus/minus stats.

or Chiarots whooping nine points and minus 25 which you’re trying to sell as a top pick worthy player. Or Petrys 1 goal and six points in 37 games while making $6.25mm.

If Girard is negative value, what does that mean for the Habs players producing far less on the worst team in the NHL?

I really get the sense posters like you are being purposefully dense in their "analysis" of players.

Girard plays on a team called Colorado. The others play on a team that is dead last in the league and filled with AHLers. I wonder if that would have an impact on point totals.

Gaud

May 11, 2017

It is all subjective. The entire habs lineup is not a negative value because they are last. The environment counts. No one would give up Crosby or Matthews for Kadri, yet he is beating them both in points.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Girard playing on a team loaded with offence has 26 points in 41 games
Question is how many points would he have playing for Montreal ?
Less than 26 more than likely.

It's unlikely Montreal will make any trades with Colorado.

hard to know. Girard is 23, having another great season and signed at $5mm.

Petry is having a brutal season under a new contract at $6.25mm and his value is at a nadir. Very low. Not a good time to trade him is it? Similar to Gallagher, drouin, Hoffman, Price and so on.

Habs are unlikely to make trades with anyone. Chairot is probably the only player they’ll move prior to the trade deadline. It’s a buyers market and if Vancouver, Winnipeg, Seattle, the Ducks and NYI decide to sell, the market will be flooded with good rental options.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
hard to know. Girard is 23, having another great season and signed at $5mm.

Petry is having a brutal season under a new contract at $6.25mm and his value is at a nadir. Very low. Not a good time to trade him is it? Similar to Gallagher, drouin, Hoffman, Price and so on.

Habs are unlikely to make trades with anyone. Chairot is probably the only player they’ll move prior to the trade deadline. It’s a buyers market and if Vancouver, Winnipeg, Seattle, the Ducks and NYI decide to sell, the market will be flooded with good rental options.
The players Montreal want to trade will likely be traded and the players they want to keep will remain Montreal Canadiens .
The trade deadline only matters for those who will be unrestricted but for the
other players that Montreal might want to trade the trade deadline holds no importance .

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
The players Montreal want to trade will likely be traded and the players they want to keep will remain Montreal Canadiens .
The trade deadline only matters for those who will be unrestricted but for the
other players that Montreal might want to trade the trade deadline holds no importance .
Sure. It’s far far far more likely you’ll trade a Petry or Gallagher in the off-season. I agree with that.

don’t think you’ll get much of anything for either but that’s when they’d be moved.

I doubt you’ll ever move Price. He’ll be LTIR more likely. Or he’ll be in the Habs net.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad