Speculation: Jeff Petry On the Move Soon?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
No one overvalues their players like Montreal fans. Petry is a 34 year old injury prone #2-3 D being paid 6.25m for 4 years. Myers is a 32 year old #4 D making 6m for 3 years. That extra year on Petry's contract significantly lowers his value.
Good one again, you're on a roll sir!

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
I mean, I can sorta buy the length of his contract hurting his value, but how exactly is Petry injury prone? If anything, he's pretty durable.

Reactions: TomKosto

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
I mean, I can sorta buy the length of his contract hurting his value, but how exactly is Petry injury prone? If anything, he's pretty durable.
He’s drunk… 80,82,80,71,56 (most on the Habs). He broke his finger in the playoff because of the stupid hole for the camera, I guess he is injury prone because of that… Some people lol

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
He’s drunk… 80,82,80,71,56 (most on the Habs). He broke his finger in the playoff because of the stupid hole for the camera, I guess he is injury prone because of that… Some people lol
Broke his finger and opted to sew his fingers together to not get surgery. You don't think that has an affect on his play going forward?

This season alone he has had two separate injuries that he has played through. The first one he was on IR for some time.

Call it what you want but 3 injuries in like 7 months for a 34 year old is pretty bad. He's been playing through injuries, doesn't mean he isn't prone to getting them.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Anyway, we don't give a **** about Myers, we will take a first round pick, thanks.
A first round pick for Petry. "You are on a roll sir".

There are zero NHL teams that will give you a first for Petry unless you retain a significant amount or take back an equally bad contract.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
No one overvalues their players like Montreal fans. Petry is a 34 year old injury prone #2-3 D being paid 6.25m for 4 years. Myers is a 32 year old #4 D making 6m for 3 years. That extra year on Petry's contract significantly lowers his value.
You want to get into fans who overvalue players? I’ve recently seen Canuck fans argue that Motte is worth a 1st and Horvat is worth Lafreniere, Schneider, Kravstov and a 1st

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Petry has stated numerous times that he wants to be as close to home as possible, And Dallas is over 1,000 miles away. The only west team he might waive for is Chicago since it's closer to Detroit then Montreal. There was mentioning that all western teams were included in his no trade list that he'd only waive to stay in the east.
but it's not petry that makes the decision here . montreal won't be giving him away just to make jeff petry happy .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
what other needs do dallas have besides replacing klingberg? obviously since he is a rental and requested a trade i believe something could definitely work here between montreal and dallas .

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
but it's not petry that makes the decision here . montreal won't be giving him away just to make jeff petry happy .
Well yeah, He'll be dealt to the highest bidding American team that he's willing to be traded to. But Hab fans are delusional thinking they will get a 1st round pick and a solid prospect without major retention because it's just not happening.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
That's completely ridiculous
Did you see the suggested trade I was responding to? Petry 50% retained for Myers abs two AHL busts. in Dipeitro and Rathbone. You think me preferring to keep Petry over that cap mess is ridiculous? Petry has been the far better player than Myers for several years and an extra year on his contract doesn’t deter me from preferring him to Myers in any way

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Well yeah, He'll be dealt to the highest bidding American team that he's willing to be traded to. But Hab fans are delusional thinking they will get a 1st round pick and a solid prospect without major retention because it's just not happening.
well that is your own opinion . prior to the start of this season that would have easily been the case with no retention . it's been noted on here numerous times that some nhl execs still value him at last years performance value . regardless where the return lies it shouldn't come as a big surprise to you that all habs fans don't put a lot of stock into your hab hating mantra you live by .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
i could see petry ( 0 retention) plus lehkonen at 50% retention and a third round pick for klingberg and khudobin.

dallas avoids losing klingberg for nothing while getting assets back to help them now . can always trade petry next year to recoup assets .

montreal than flips klingberg at 50% retention at the deadline to the highest bidder

montreal salary out 7.4/dallas salary out 7.58

montreal uses two retention spots here . saves one for chariot. all 3 open up again at end of season . trade kulak and a fifth for a third to recover that top 100 pick .

next year montreal uses three retention spots on price drouin and byron to squeeze as much value as possible . gallagher's contract is to long to retain on and will be dealt with another contract coming the other way in return .

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Going to be interesting to see what Petry brings in return? Only takes one GM to over value him. Or if Habs willing to retain half to bring a handsome return?

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
i could see petry ( 0 retention) plus lehkonen at 50% retention and a third round pick for klingberg and khudobin.

dallas avoids losing klingberg for nothing while getting assets back to help them now . can always trade petry next year to recoup assets .

montreal than flips klingberg at 50% retention at the deadline to the highest bidder

montreal uses two retention spots here . saves one for chariot. all 3 open up again at end of season . trade kulak and a fifth for a third to recover that top 100 pick .

next year montreal uses three retention spots on price drouin and byron to squeeze as much value as possible . gallagher's contract is to long to retain on and will be dealt with another contract coming the other way in return .
Not a bad one, but I don't think it happens,

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

Why is he injury prone? Show me some evidence?

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal

Klingberg probably will not sign qith Habs, it doesn’t help the habs in the near future.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Klingberg probably will not sign qith Habs, it doesn’t help the habs in the near future.
yeah i'm not interested in signing klingberg. we retain 50% on him and sell him for a first and solid prospect or two . klingberg at 2.1 would be a welcome addition to any contender. dallas could do the same but than their throwing in the towel on the season . montreal would want to zeroe in on a key prospect because the first will be late

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad