Speculation: Jeff Petry On the Move Soon?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
He’s drunk… 80,82,80,71,56 (most on the Habs). He broke his finger in the playoff because of the stupid hole for the camera, I guess he is injury prone because of that… Some people lol
I agree. If anyone is injury prone it's Myers.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I'd be intrigued with a deal surrounding Petry and Myers... Philippe Myers. Feel like Petry would be a welcome addition to the Preds' backend. Montreal takes the much younger Myers back and hopes to bring him back to form. Cap can be considered (retain or Grimaldi), and more value would need to be added from Nashville side, if they are to be interested in Petry at all... Thoughts?

Reactions: KristichBabych

Jul 6, 2016
Thanks to his wife, Petry will be dealt for sure. In the USA, of course.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'd be intrigued with a deal surrounding Petry and Myers... Philippe Myers. Feel like Petry would be a welcome addition to the Preds' backend. Montreal takes the much younger Myers back and hopes to bring him back to form. Cap can be considered (retain or Grimaldi), and more value would need to be added from Nashville side, if they are to be interested in Petry at all... Thoughts?
Y a i bet you would be intrigued. Problem is there are 2 teams involved and the other one laughs as they hang up.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks to his wife, Petry will be dealt for sure. In the USA, of course.

Bad apples in all markets, some markets are worse then others. Not a Canadian vs American thing. But you’re likely right he ends up in the USA.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Bad apples in all markets, some markets are worse then others. Not a Canadian vs American thing. But you’re likely right he ends up in the USA.
It's more America has no covid restrictions while most of Canada have very strict ones. His wife posts certain things that suggest she is potentially not on the side of science, if we may put it bluntly but not dive into libel territory.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
And you want P. Myers. :eek: Why?
Still think he has something to give, plus he's only the NHL player coming back.. Would still be looking for picks or prospects of (some determined) value coming back from Nashville. (Not really sure the right value here... As much as L'Heureux/Evangelista/Svechkov/1st? A 2nd? Prokop/Afanasyev? I'm not sure)

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Petry isnt injury prone - he got injured last year, but missed what... 10 games in the 4 seasons before that?
Iis the argument that a #4 D is better than a#2-3 at a comparative salary because he is 2 years older and "injury prone"? Alright, agree to disagree; Petry's contract will still look better in 3 years IMO.
Also, isn't Myers injured more often? his numbers don't look good
View attachment 503968
Petry played through an injury to his finger last year that he would have otherwise had to get surgery for. This year he has had 2 separate injuries that he played through. One of them he even ended up missing a few games. Call it what you want, but all of this does not bode well for a 34 year old.

Myers has 1 less year of salary at a slightly lower cap hit. That 1 extra year is huge.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
:laugh::laugh:, next time before faîling at calling someone injury prone on two different post, just google him and see if he missed more than 20 games in the last 5 years. You are something man! :help:
3 injuries in the last 7 months. One of them needed surgery. Keep living in denial.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Never said we could not retained salary or take a bad contract? All i'm saying is that Hughes is going to get a first or a top prospect for a number 2 D, if he has to retained salary he will, we have a rich owner. My feeling is that he will get traded in the summer. Anyway, you seem hopeless, enjoy your Tyler Myers.
Lol what do you mean by top prospect? There is not a chance in hell you get a bluechip prospect, if that's what you mean, for Petry no matter how much salary you retain.

If you retain 50% and take a cap dump you might get a late first.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Lol what do you mean by top prospect? There is not a chance in hell you get a bluechip prospect, if that's what you mean, for Petry no matter how much salary you retain.

If you retain 50% and take a cap dump you might get a late first.
'in my opinion'

fixed it for you

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Petry, 34 years old, and 1 year into his extension has 3 more years on that contact @ 6.25M, yikes!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad