Sportsnet: Jeff Marek: Holland looking to move 1st or top prospects for LD

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You’re always unpleasant and agressive which is unsurprising given no one with any reason would come to the conclusion Chiarot is only worth giving a third round pick for. Your words not mine.

You’re always filled with opinions but you’ll have to enlighten everyone as to why you think Chiarot is a bad option.

^^ Tell me again which one of us is unpleasant and aggressive? You said this, not me. You came at me, I didn't come at you. If you want to dish it out but not get any in return just because I'm hoping my team isn't the poor bastards to overpay for Chiarot, you've come to the wrong place.

I don't like Chiarot's game, and I wouldn't pay a first for him. I stated why. If you don't like it, that's your problem, not mine.

Habs fans are positively salivating at the idea of getting some schmuck to bite the bullet to pay a first for a run of the mill 2nd pairing defenceman that's been boosted by Weber and Petry.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sorry I don't want to overpay for your spare parts, I guess.

Chiarot is not a spare part and what you have to realize is how aggressive and insulting you are. If you can drop that, things will go along fine. How hard is it for you to say that you rather try to get another guy if you are trading a 1st? What's with the no reply but then trash the guys value in the process.

You're not sorry. I know enough now to know that :laugh:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Chiarot is not a spare part and what you have to realize is how aggressive and insulting you are. If you can drop that, things will go along fine. How hard is it for you to say that you rather try to get another guy if you are trading a 1st? What's with the no reply but then trash the guys value in the process.

You're not sorry. I know enough now to know that :laugh:

No, I'm not. Why should I be? Your fanbase is the worst to deal with on HF, even worse than Leafs fans. I don't want to give up a first round pick that would result in Chiarot or Keith being on our third pairing. It's a stupid waste of assets for a rental that's not a difference maker, and no rational fan anywhere thinks he should return a first round pick.

We don't have a Weber or a Petry to insulate him - defencemen that, by the way, see much better results without Chiarot than with him. He'd get the likes of Ceci or Barrie. How do you think that would go?

"what's with the no reply" I am all over this thread, buddy. I've said repeatedly why I don't like him and why I don't think he's worth what Montreal wants from him - but let's be serious, you guys don't actually think he's worth a first either, you're just eager to rake the Oilers over the coals. Stop pretending it's anything other than that.

Reactions: spaghtti

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Any current news about Duncan Keith? He left the game last night and didn't come back.

EDIT: NVM. I found the answer to my own question. Its amazing what you can find using this new fangled thing called the internet.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
You guys want Will Butcher? Or would you at least consider taking him against your better judgment anyway?

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
Chiarot would be excellent depth for any team that wants to make a run this year in the playoffs . Edmonton has the horses to get them to the playoffs , they need to insulate with guys who will get them through and Chiarot will help. Yes he is a frustrating player sometimes and I like to dunk on him, but there’s no denying that GM’s around the league will be salivating to get this guy for a playoff run based on his play in the last 2 playoffs . I don’t think he’s worth a first round pick , but it would not surprise me one bit to see a GM pay that. Whether it’ll be Edmonton or not, we’ll see .

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
If a first round pick and top prospects are on the table, the offer should be of equal value.

wtf are some of these offers, wouldn't give a 3rd rounder for most of them

Reactions: spaghtti

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
250561677-0727_spt_col_cowan_3888-w.jpg
This would be a solid pick up for the Oilers. He eats up minutes, plays really hard, actually skates well and is a solid character guy. Played up and down the defensive line up as well

Reactions: Eegs

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
a late 1st+top prospect is not enough for chychrun. what the heck are oiler fans smoking

And yes I know he's having a bad season but he's still a young #1d on a steal of a contract. 19 games doesn't erase that
Plus It! Was EXPECTED that he was to have a tough year with the exodus of talent in AZ.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
No, I'm not. Why should I be? Your fanbase is the worst to deal with on HF, even worse than Leafs fans. I don't want to give up a first round pick that would result in Chiarot or Keith being on our third pairing. It's a stupid waste of assets for a rental that's not a difference maker, and no rational fan anywhere thinks he should return a first round pick.

We don't have a Weber or a Petry to insulate him - defencemen that, by the way, see much better results without Chiarot than with him. He'd get the likes of Ceci or Barrie. How do you think that would go?

"what's with the no reply" I am all over this thread, buddy. I've said repeatedly why I don't like him and why I don't think he's worth what Montreal wants from him - but let's be serious, you guys don't actually think he's worth a first either, you're just eager to rake the Oilers over the coals. Stop pretending it's anything other than that.

I know he isn't worth that. But what's wrong in hoping a bidding war and get a better asset for our team. I don't think Paul Gaustad was worth a 1st, but sometimes the market is a seller's one.

Dont know why you have to be such an ass calling out two fanbases when you're arguing with a single guy. There are idiots and smart people in every fanbase. You'll see more of each kind from Toronto and Montreal fanbases, because there are just more fans of those 2 teams on this site.

Reactions: glenbuis

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Replace Samorukov with Broberg and add a 2nd.

Shayne Gostisbehere with 50% retention for Edmonton's 2022 1st might be better.
Ghost was a regular healthy scratch last year and on a steady decline…. IMO if Edmonton is trading their first it’ll be for someone who can play solid D. That was never Ghosts strength.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I'm guessing Berg would be holding out for a 1st. Especially this early in the season.
And chiarot is not the dumpster fire on D that Petry was in Edmonton. He’s improved over the years but it wasn’t pretty in the beginning

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
The new Josh Gorges.
Josh Georges was a heart and soul guy that would lay his body on the line.
Chiarot is a different animal. He’s a brute that can skate well. He’s the kinda guy you guys will want in the playoffs. He’s a horse that logs a ton of minutes and PK

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
totally get that but at least be realistic. any team could beat that offer for chychrun.

hell savard got a first last year as a rental and the difference between the 2 of them is much more than a top prospect.
What teams would beat Holloway + 1st for Chychrun? All the prospects better than Holloway are likely consider untouchable by their teams.

He’s one of the better prospects in the league rn

Last edited:

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Habs fans if you guys feel Chiarot is this game changing stud whose worth a prospect+1st you guys are more than welcome to keep him.
He’s a workhorse. A guy you win with in the playoffs. And yes, plays a mean game. Frustrates me at times because I find he gets a little tooo focused on moving guys out in front of the net and seems to have a lot of deflections go off of him. as a result of him not boxing out and watching the puck.
Habs fans like him and we would probably resign him. The trouble is we are developing a bit of a logjam on the LD position with Edmundson, Romanov , Norlinder, Guhle and maybe Harris next year

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
What teams would beat Holloway + 1st for Chychrun? All the prospects better than Holloway are likely consider untouchable by their teams.

He’s one of the better prospects in the league rn
I would bet LA would offer a huge package for Chychrun. They have prospects like Turcotte who could be available.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I would bet LA would offer a huge package for Chychrun. They have prospects like Turcotte who could be available.
Why is Turcotte worth more than Holloway?

Turcotte played his D+1 season at Wisconsin just like Holloway:

Turcotte: 29 games- 9 G, 17 A, 26 P
Holloway: 23 games- 11 G, 24 A, 35 P

Considering Holloway is bigger and much more physical, why would Turcotte be considered superior when its so easy to compare to the 2 players who were in the exact same position?

Not to mention Turcotte played with Cole Caufield. Holloway didn’t- he played with Brock Caufield who hasn’t even been drafted.

Last edited:

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
If edmonton can't land that big name d man, Dermott for a 3rd + 5th could work. He can play in the top 4 or can slide up or down. Hes not nearly the best option but he'd be cheap and he is versatile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad