Sportsnet: Jeff Marek: Holland looking to move 1st or top prospects for LD

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
As an Oiler fan, I'd like Chychrun, but c'mon. That's not happening.

Plus if it were him, we're not talking about a trade with a 1st or top prospects. We are talking about a 1st AND top prospects, and +. So it's not really in there.

Also if they are trading Chychrun, they'd prefer to trade him out East. Also, there is a limit to how much they want to gut the team. I suppose that is a judgment call, but if they think they can turn it around within 2 years then they need to keep him.

Also, as great as it would be to add Chychrun, we can afford him this season, but next season will be really tough. Perhaps if Keith retired it would work. But that's just it. This rumor is screaming that it would be someone below Keith in the depth chart, not above. A stay-at-home physical presence to anchor the third pairing and take defensive minutes.

Oct 18, 2011
There were lots of rumors circulating early this season that Oilers were targeting guys like Gibson, Fowler, Lindhol,, Manson, Rakell etc from Anaheim. They have a lot of what Edmonton needs.

however with how Anaheim's season is going, I doubt they are sellers and will probably want to get into the playoffs to give the youth the experience and taste of playoff hockey
Honestly if Lindholm doesn't extend I would trade him. You cannot lose him for nothing

Edmonton has some good trade assets I can see a match here

Reactions: TFHockey

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Honestly if Lindholm doesn't extend I would trade him. You cannot lose him for nothing

Edmonton has some good trade assets I can see a match here
The issue is money going back. We need to be dollar for dollar.

what about this offer.

to Anaheim: Holloway, Broberg , 1st-2022, Turris, Russell, Koskinen

To Edmonton:
Gibson and Lindhom( 50%)

This is an all in trade for the oil.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
The issue is money going back. We need to be dollar for dollar.

what about this offer.

to Anaheim: Holloway, Broberg , 1st-2022, Turris, Russell, Koskinen

To Edmonton:
Gibson and Lindhom( 50%)

This is an all in trade for the oil.

I get that is all in, but I’m pretty sure the Ducks could get more for those 2 trading them separately.

It has been talked at about time and time again that Gibson for a 1st+Holloway+Kosk is realistic.

So Lindholm straight up for Broberg? I pass easily on that one, not even counting the 50% retain and taking back equal money.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I get that is all in, but I’m pretty sure the Ducks could get more for those 2 trading them separately.

It has been talked at about time and time again that Gibson for a 1st+Holloway+Kosk is realistic.

So Lindholm straight up for Broberg? I pass easily on that one, not even counting the 50% retain and taking back equal money.
You got me we accept the Gibson trade.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
I read in several comments the Chychrun exchange proposal.
That would be a good reinforcement for Edmonton.
This would be a very costly reinforcement for Edmonton.
There are very few defenders of this level available for exchange in the NHL.

If anyone from Edmonton thinks this is not the case, Detroit can help.
Nick Leddy LD (@ 50% ret)! This is the protector of your dreams
Detroit agrees to receive 1st 2022. :rolleyes:;):)

If Arizona decides to trade a player with a paycheck, there will be huge interest. This will be an auction.
Edmonton has reasons to be involved. The team is a contender for the Stanley Cup in the coming years. What will happen next is unknown (Leon Draisaitl UFA 2025).

To have a chance to win an auction, you need to make a good bid.
Jakob Chychrun LD AAV $ 2.3M (@ 50% ret) = Holloway + Broberg + 1st 2022.
Possible additions on both sides.

Does Arizona need a player exchange? I think yes.
Will the cost suit Arizona? I do not know.
Does Edmonton need a player exchange? I think yes.
Will the cost suit Edmonton? I do not know.
I will watch this with interest. :popcorn:

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Edler or Maatta? Not high end, but seems like Holland MO.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
a late 1st+top prospect is not enough for chychrun. what the heck are oiler fans smoking

And yes I know he's having a bad season but he's still a young #1d on a steal of a contract. 19 games doesn't erase that

Yeah, I don't think anybody is saying that. I can't imagine that a middling prospect and a pick that likely ends up being around 20-24th overall is anywhere close. If that pick was Holloway though, and you throw in something else, then maybe that gets the conversation started. Even then though, I don't see it happening. We'd likely have to give up something like Holloway + Broberg + 1st, and I doubt we'd do that.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
there the same age and caufield is a much better goal scorer.
do you see caufield ripping the league up? no then why do you expect holloway too?

Again I'm not arguing he's not a blue chip prospect but just him and a late 1st is no where near enough for a young #1 d signed on a steal of a contract.

Holloway won't rip the league up, far from it. He is a much more well-rounded player than Caufield though. Holloway looks to be a sure bet for a bottom-6 role at the least, and likely a good 3rd line winger. I don't see him in a top-6 role as a scorer myself.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Holloway won't rip the league up, far from it. He is a much more well-rounded player than Caufield though. Holloway looks to be a sure bet for a bottom-6 role at the least, and likely a good 3rd line winger. I don't see him in a top-6 role as a scorer myself.

Agree, if he maxes out it'll be 25+25 of solid two-way play on second line. More likely 20+20 from the third.

If Caufield maxes out, maybe 35+40 a small offensive spark plug? Or maybe he's Drouin.

Ygg

Feb 2, 2017
I forgot Ken Holland was in EDM now. Lol. I was doing a trade with Detroit for a moment

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Is Broberg going to be good?

He looked pretty good last night particularly in the 3rd period.

He’s a fantastic skater which really stands out at his size, it looks effortless.

Strong start as the #1 all situations D in the AHL for Bakersfield, he’s added some physicality to his game that was missing. He’s still a young D man that needs time to grow his game, got called two games ago after Nurse broke a finger blocking a shot.

He’s going to be forced to play some minutes here with the Oilers entire left side now injured (Nurse, Keith, Koekkoek are out of the lineup presently)

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
He looked pretty good last night particularly in the 3rd period.

He’s a fantastic skater which really stands out at his size, it looks effortless.

Strong start as the #1 all situations D in the AHL for Bakersfield, he’s added some physicality to his game that was missing. He’s still a young D man that needs time to grow his game, got called two games ago after Nurse broke a finger blocking a shot.

He’s going to be forced to play some minutes here with the Oilers entire left side now injured (Nurse, Keith, Koekkoek are out of the lineup presently)
Jesus you guys have an injury bug eh? If broberg shows that he's ready maybe this is all moot

Reactions: spaghtti and snipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad