Sportsnet: Jeff Marek: Holland looking to move 1st or top prospects for LD

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I don't really see what Chariot adds to the Oilers at that value. Seems like a Holland type move though.

Big mean defenseman with more playoff experience than most of the Oilers roster (56GP).

And did I mention he's mean? Nurse is mean but the rest of the D is a little soft.

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Ben Chiarot @50% retained at the deadline would be 1.75 mill cap hit so basically sending Turris back (filler dump) would even out the salary. Almost all these kinds of trades these days involved the selling team retaining salary in order to get access to the draft pick.

I think other options the Oilers may look at would be Giordano (Koskinen would have to go back), Pysyk (lower cost), and Lindholm if Anaheim falls out of the race.

Broberg is a no go unless it's like a bigger deal for someone like Chychrun. Kid has 10 points in his first 13 AHL games and if you want to throw it in, another point in his first NHL game this year, Klefbom and even Nurse didn't have those kinds of numbers in their first pro games.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Don't really understand this. You would think if the top prospects and a 1st are on the table it would be for a guy you'd have for more than one year that demands a substantial salary. Holland already has LD Nurse and Keith eating up $15 million in cap space for next year. Plus 2/5 of their top prospects play LD.

I would think shoring up the goaltending or 3C position would be a better use of premium assets.

Reactions: spaghtti

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The problem is Broberg and Holloway both have to he offered for a Chychrun conversion to start, then add from there

arz has no incentive to trade chychrun so they would need a massive offer.

I know you'll quote some d who got traded for trash but I'd like to remind you that most of them were 1 year from ufa and older than chychrun.

I don't think there is a similar comp for a young #1d signed long term.

I dont think you understand 1) how good Chychrun is, and 2) how much of an overpay it would take for Arizona to consider moving him. Chychrun is right on the cusp of being a superstar young dman in thr league, right below McAvoy, Fox, and Makar. They've already written off this year and any call about him will not be effected by his results this season.

And by last summer, I was willing to trade OEL for Beagle, Roussel, and Eriksson. His play fell off a cliff. Just a complete nosedive.

What does that have to do with Chychrun who is 23 years old, led the NHL in goals by defensemen last season, and finished top ten in Norris voting last season, and is signed to a sweetheart contract?

I changed my mind. Broberg, Holloway, Bourgault, and the 1st.

Chychrun is too expensive given what overpayment AZ understandably wants.\

Rangers could theoretically make Lindgren available, but for obv reasons, would require overpay, not fair value. Howev, depending on currency exchanged, could be lot less overpay.

It may be possible that some complementary swapping could resolve each other's headaches/needs.

Have not had time to think this out fully, but...
first impression:
a core of
Broberg + Holloway + Lavoie + EDM 1st 2022 and 2026
for
Lindgren + Kravtsov + Jones + Rangers + Blues 2022 2nds

value analysis:
Broberg 8OA + 9OA Krav are a wash Krav is delayed until KHL season ends but has potential to be pivot, not just W
Lindgren available immediately = better than mid 1st --- Holloway available later = mid first
Jones is immediately available and right now has higher ceiling than Lavoie
Oil get 2 2nds this yr for 1 1st this yr and another down the road to offset what they get now from NY which ends Krav distraction and replaces Lindy 3m per w/Broberg elc

so translation:
Oil get immediate D help + an extra high D prospect plays either side
add Krav potential which on paper upgrades Holloway

Rangers project Holloway as RW which works nice w/kreider
losing 2 LD esp Lindy is a major wince, but
Broberg - KAM - and then Robertson replacing Nemeth/Tinordi around the corner

NY adds size and speed in Broberg, but Oil add desired toughness in Lindgren

again, first draft spitballin...

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
This rumor feels like taking a bunch of different rumors and mashing them together.

Yes, Holland has the 1st on the table. Obviously.

Yes, some depth at left defence would be nice. Obviously.

Yes, Samorukov and some top prospects have been rumoured to be on the table previously.

But that doesn't mean we're trading our first and high end prospects for a left defenceman.

The Oilers need a goaltender. They need another top 6/middle 6 forward. If they're going to spend a 1st, it ain't for a #6, #7 defenceman.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I wonder how big they'd be willing to spend. I could see them being interested in Chiarot, Dumoulin, McCabe, or Leddy on teams that may be selling. Maybe try and swing big to get Lindholm out of Anaheim.
Dumoulin is soft . Has size and a good stick but toughness wouldn't be a word to describe his play

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Rangers could theoretically make Lindgren available, but for obv reasons, would require overpay, not fair value. Howev, depending on currency exchanged, could be lot less overpay.

It may be possible that some complementary swapping could resolve each other's headaches/needs.

first impression:
a core of
for

value analysis:
Broberg 8OA + 9OA Krav are a wash Krav is delayed until KHL season ends but has potential to be pivot, not just W
Lindgren available immediately = better than mid 1st --- Holloway available later = mid first
Oil get 2 2nds this yr for 1 1st this yr and another down the road to offset what they get now from NY which ends Krav distraction and replaces Lindy 3m per w/Broberg elc

so translation:

back to the drawing board you go!

Reactions: spaghtti

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
This rumor feels like taking a bunch of different rumors and mashing them together.

Yes, Holland has the 1st on the table. Obviously.

Yes, some depth at left defence would be nice. Obviously.

Yes, Samorukov and some top prospects have been rumoured to be on the table previously.

But that doesn't mean we're trading our first and high end prospects for a left defenceman.

The Oilers need a goaltender. They need another top 6/middle 6 forward. If they're going to spend a 1st, it ain't for a #6, #7 defenceman.
here is 1 lol
Sandin+Mrazek+Ritche+2021 1st+2022 1st for Hyman

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I have no problem with him to be honest, but I think majority of Stars fans want him gone. Dallas does need a rebuild tbh and this would be a good start
Lindell would be an absolutely stellar add. But his $5.8m cap hit would decimate our cap situation moving forward. I also doubt he'd be happy moving to Canada so soon after extending in Dallas.

The idea we're throwing the big assets out there has me thinking there something more than Chiarot in the woodwork though.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

first impression:
a core of
for

value analysis:

so translation:

Man this is garbage. How come your Broberg proposals keep getting worse and worse?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

first impression:
a core of
for

value analysis:

so translation:

You lost me when you said Broberg and Krav are a wash.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
The Pens have got you, Ken.

Hell, we can retain a million off Pettersson, and it would hardly cost you anything. Keep that first, spend it on a winger.

On a side note, when I read the thread title, I realized that I still believe Ken Holland is still GMing the Red Wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad