Post-Game Talk: Jarry, GMR, and CODY CECI bring their "A" game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I'll bet you the media tries its best to ask questions about everything EXCEPT GMR. :laugh:
Oh for sure, I wish the Sportsnet Feed didn't cut away from that post game stuff, because I would love to see their usual lobs for Sullivan to give his usual boring canned responses and the "Stick-to-itiveness" phrase drop.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Our team with and without Sid:

+’s all around.
+Matheson is quieting the Horny talk which is a beautiful thing. I love him.
+GMR plays like one of the best lines in the league when used, shocker :0
+L2 was amazing and looking like a buzzsaw all night. They were absolutely flying.
+Jarry confidence: regained
+Friedman looked confident af with the puck.
+Petts and Letang actually looked really good this game.

One step at a time, but I’m glad my belief in this team isn’t just completely based on homerism. This was definitely soemthing we can build on, assuming we don’t make the same mistakes as last year. Looking at you Sid and Sully.

Reactions: Doogle and KIRK

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Honestly Run
Zucker - Sid - Erod

Its practically Kunitz - Sid - Dupuis

Grinder on the right and no hands on the left.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Our team with and without Sid:

+’s all around.
+Matheson is quieting the Horny talk which is a beautiful thing. I love him.
+GMR plays like one of the best lines in the league when used, shocker :0
+L2 was amazing and looking like a buzzsaw all night. They were absolutely flying.
+Jarry confidence: regained
+Friedman looked confident af with the puck.
+Petts and Letang actually looked really good this game.

One step at a time, but I’m glad my belief in this team isn’t just completely based on homerism. This was definitely soemthing we can build on, assuming we don’t make the same mistakes as last year. Looking at you Sid and Sully.

I barely noticed Friedman tonight, in a good way, until he shoved his stick up Raffl's ass and drew that retaliatory penalty.

AJRAYMOND

Jun 13, 2009
Canada
I'm surprised they put GMR together letting their stupidity from splitting them apart show through. They were the third best line in the league last year in the games Crosby was out behind McDavids and Bergerons line. You know the worst thing about all of this is Zucker and Sid looked good together last year as well. A huge ++++++++++ for the whole team! Great effort.

Reactions: Jjgeru

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I don't know how Sullivan could watch this game and say to himself 'I am breaking up GMR the second Sid is back'.

That's what he'll do, of course, but it's pretty clear the biggest issue for Geno this season hasn't been Geno after all.

Even the commentators were raving about it. I take that as a sign he might at least thiiiink about it. I've never wanted Sid to stay out another game or two more, so that they can make it undeniable.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The line combined for 1 goal at ES and maybe 3 other real solid chances. No real difference than when Sid is their center IMO.

except you get a better Geno...which is important...probably more important than having a L2 that doesn’t work

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
They really weren’t that good. No better than a lot of the games they played with Crosby at least. Jarry and the 2nd line is what won that game.

QyZso.gif

Reactions: Shady Machine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad