Confirmed with Link: Jakub Vrana in Player Assistance program (01.03.23 in GR for conditioning)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Yeah, but wasn't 30 days somekind of minimum`? And soon we are past of it.

The key word is minimum. It doesn't matter if we have eclipsed that mark and nobody will communicate a timeline for his return. He's gone until he's physically, mentally and emotionally ready to return, and not a day sooner.

The best thing you can do is assume that he won't be back this year and be happily surprised if he is.

Last edited:

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
There are lots of potential issues here that could make this longer or shorter.
For example, if he was caught by authorities vs he reached out to the team for help, might indicate a lot about the player's readiness to recover - if that's even what it's about.
These paths to recovery can be long and rocky.
Just hope Vrana gets there in time to really make the most of his gifts.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Vrana could be back in a week or he could not be back at all this year and honestly we just flat out don't have the information to make speculating on which of those is closer to the truth anything more than essentially a pure guess

Reactions: lomekian

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It’s 2022… we can find info about anything. Someone has to be able to figure out what’s going on. I didn’t pay attention in computer science in 1999 and now I sorta wish I did.
You can't predict mental health issues, regardless of whether it's a nervous breakdown or a drug issue. Not to mention HIPAA makes it illegal to disclose anyways.

He'll be back when he's ready to come back, hopefully around TDL. (Complete guess, I'm just stating what I'm hoping for.)

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
You can't predict mental health issues, regardless of whether it's a nervous breakdown or a drug issue. Not to mention HIPAA makes it illegal to disclose anyways.

He'll be back when he's ready to come back, hopefully around TDL. (Complete guess, I'm just stating what I'm hoping for.)
I'm not writing him in at all this year. I hope he's back but basically I view him as a possible acquisition if looking through a hockey lens.

What's best for him is that we don't know anything until he's ready to return, unless he opts to come out publicly with what he's struggling with.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
It took a little over a month from Carey Price entered the NHLPA assistance program to he made a statement about why he entered. We could be getting news soon.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
It took a little over a month from Carey Price entered the NHLPA assistance program to he made a statement about why he entered. We could be getting news soon.
Yep. Until then, let's not speculate.

And for those who might be so inclined, I recommend not trying to hack into his medical records. The felony isn't worth it.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Yep. Until then, let's not speculate.

And for those who might be so inclined, I recommend not trying to hack into his medical records. The felony isn't worth it.

I cannot believe that second sentence actually has to be said. Holy shit, people. It's hockey. It's not that serious. I wanna see Vrana back playing as much as anyone, but I'd like him to get a handle on whatever caused him to seek assistance. I'd rather everyone remove the stigma of getting help and getting right mentally and physically.

I'm not writing him in at all this year. I hope he's back but basically I view him as a possible acquisition if looking through a hockey lens.

What's best for him is that we don't know anything until he's ready to return, unless he opts to come out publicly with what he's struggling with.
Yep. "Jakub Vrana is our trade deadline acquisition".

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Been watching hockey highlights and man I miss Vrana. I love his skill and shot and the sheer excitement he displays whenever he or the team score. I sure hope he can find his way back to Detroit.
I look forward to seeing him on a line with Berggren or Kubalik, they will be electric!

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Berggren would be killer-feeder for his shot.

Then some crash-bang center in the middle. Rasmussen ?
I still think Berggren-Veleno-Vrana, and that idea seems to get better every day.

Raz is always on a defensively responsible line, wouldn't fit Vrana. Plus Vrana should be put in a low stress situation, which is the 4th line. Imagine the matchup issues that would create.

Reactions: 13to40 and Henkka

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Update: no update:

While the Detroit Red Wings have an idea of when they will see their injured forwards again, they are less certain regarding Jakub Vrana.

On Oct. 19, the top-six winger was placed in the players assistance program, a program administered by the NHL and the NHL Players Association designed to assist players dealing with a wide-range of issues relating to anything from mental health to substance abuse.

Asked Wednesday if the Wings had received any news on Vrana, coach Derek Lalonde sounded optimistic that might soon change.

"No updates at all," he said. "We hope to hear maybe the PA or the league, make a statement here soon."

"We are waiting to hear ourselves," Lalonde said. "I don’t know what the protocol is. This is uncharted territory for us, too."

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Obviously we don't actually know any of the details, but it seems weird to me that the team is just left in the dark? I would think the coaching staff and team would be an important support system for something like this so they should be directly involved, and not even having some form of communication seems odd

Scottgaf1

Nov 11, 2020
Obviously we don't actually know any of the details, but it seems weird to me that the team is just left in the dark? I would think the coaching staff and team would be an important support system for something like this so they should be directly involved, and not even having some form of communication seems odd
Happy laws prevent an employer from being part of that conversation. They only way the team gets info is if Vrana himself offers it. I am guessing he isn't too worried about that right now.

Sucks for Detroit. All they can do is wonder what this season could have been, without one of the worst injury filled seasons I can remember.

Landing Bedard will help us forget that though😃

Reactions: Konnan511

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008

"No updates at all," he said. "We hope to hear maybe the PA or the league, make a statement here soon."

This is new, though. After being (rightfully) silent on any updates, Lalonde did say he hopes to hear something, which is different than status quo.

I hope he is getting the help he needs, forget about the games.

Reactions: SoupNazi

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010

This is new, though. After being (rightfully) silent on any updates, Lalonde did say he hopes to hear something, which is different than status quo.

I hope he is getting the help he needs, forget about the games.
I wonder if Lalonde is saying that because he knows something is coming, but legally can't say anything.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I wonder if Lalonde is saying that because he knows something is coming, but legally can't say anything.
This is what I wanted to say, but I couldn't articulate properly. Thanks!

It would be a boost, for sure, and assuming he's out of the program, it would be great for him on a personal level.

Reactions: SoupNazi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad