Confirmed with Link: Jakub Vrana in Player Assistance program (01.03.23 in GR for conditioning)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I once got addicted on some pain-killer after serious pancreatis pain and get rid of it with an easy mathematical way.

The receipt was to take 6 pills per day, when I had pains. When the pain was gone, I tried instantly to be one day without the pills, and got horrible feelings. Saw some monster dreams and was just having horrible feeling of fear and fear of death. That was damn scary.

Had to take those pills again, to get rid of that feeling of fear. And after few days, just on my own idea, started taking them 1 per day less. 6-5-4-3-2-1. After six days there was no bad feelings, and was out of the addiction. Rest of the pills I did throw to trash can, and that was it.
That's cool but I hope you're not implying that you discovered a magical secret that will work for everyone. If it was that easy to fix there wouldn't be an opioid epidemic.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
That's cool but I hope you're not implying that you discovered a magical secret that will work for everyone. If it was that easy to fix there wouldn't be an opioid epidemic.

Tapering down is the preferred way to get off addictive drugs and drugs that result in metabolic dependance. If you've ever been on prednisone the dosing schedule is always a taper.

It just doesn't always work for people. It's almost never a good idea to drop painkillers, steroids, or psych meds cold turkey.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Purdue pharma definitely did what you edited out of my post.

I agree. But it's not about if it's true or not. The point is it's a can of worms topic. Can you think of another recent pharma product with studies people think is a complete sham? I'll give you three jabs at it.

If everyone here on the internet approached the conversation in good faith, we could have a nice chat. That true of almost anything. But people won't. That's the unfortunate reality. And suddenly we're knee deep in political rhetoric and bickering in a thread about a hockey player trying to get help.

So we curb topics and attempt to keep it focused around hockey not because we don't want to talk about said topics, but because we can't moderate them in a way people on any given side will find fair or productive. And ultimately, and perhaps most importantly, it's not why people come here. This is for Red Wings and Red Wings related accessories.

I hope this bit of transparency helps bridge any disconnect for why certain topics get tempered.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
As to why people take them without pain. Well they get you high as f***. Why do people take heroin? They're pretty close to the same feeling.
My own experience was that when you end using them, it could cause horrible side-effects like that feeling of fear. Then you have to continue it.

Those feelings were mentally worse than any physical pain.

Just find it out weird that there isn't any "program" how doctors would help the player on the process after they are pain-free. No advice was ever given, I did luckily find it myself.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
My own experience was that when you end using them, it could cause horrible side-effects like that feeling of fear. Then you have to continue it.

Just find it out weird that there isn't any "program" how doctors would help the player on the process after they are pain-free. No advice was ever given, I did luckily find it myself.
What you mean fear? Fear of what?

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway

Can relate. I was on strong painkillers back in 2010-2011 and the anxiety you get from the withdrawal is a bitch.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Was it like 30 days minimum or something, is assigned to program?
If it's addiction, rehab time is 30 - 90 days (from a quick web search), but the few players (Ryan, Price, Ingram) that have gone through the program didn't return until near the end of the season. Mental health issues take time to resolve. I don't expect him back until Feb at the earliest, if he returns earlier than that then it's a bonus.

It sucks that he's not playing, but it's better to resolve it properly the first time so he doesn't relapse and have further issues down the line. If he's out an extended time, so be it.

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
If it's addiction, rehab time is 30 - 90 days (from a quick web search), but the few players (Ryan, Price, Ingram) that have gone through the program didn't return until near the end of the season. Mental health issues take time to resolve. I don't expect him back until Feb at the earliest, if he returns earlier than that then it's a bonus.

It sucks that he's not playing, but it's better to resolve it properly the first time so he doesn't relapse and have further issues down the line. If he's out an extended time, so be it.
Just to be clear, Price entered the assistance program on Oct 7 and was removed from the program and joined his teammates on Nov 9.
Him not returning until the end of the season was injury related.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
A couple folks here know me from LGW and what I went through with alcoholism. Trying to quit cold turkey after drinking daily, heavily for years, gave me a seizure and put me in the hospital for a few days. It also resulted in a major surgery. I about died.

I've been sober over a year now, anyone struggling at all, get help, talk to anyone, send me a private message, get support. I had more people in my corner than I realized when I finally admitted to my problem.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Poor guy gotta feel for him. Question, if Vrana is out long term does that free up Cap space? Is he considered LTIR? Could the wings look to add a player to compensate for his loss?

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Poor guy gotta feel for him. Question, if Vrana is out long term does that free up Cap space? Is he considered LTIR? Could the wings look to add a player to compensate for his loss?

I don't think it comes with cap relief but we don't really need it and we have young forwards in the AHL we can call up to fill in.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
There is no cap relief but he does not count towards the roster, so it frees up player space. Wings are at 22 since they sent Givani down. Sunny was never placed on IR.

Interestingly enough, the Wings also have not placed anyone on LTIR, though that can happen retroactively to make cap space.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I've got good news for you, we have plenty of cap space without relief to sign the best available free agent.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
LTIR only gives cap relief if we are over the cap, if I recall right

Yeah, and we are not even ner of the cap limit, so people should just forgive LTIR.

That's Red Wings are not putting players there, because it's meaningless.

Regular IR will open the roster spots for callups, and that's enough for the management at current situation.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

As long as it takes,I don't care

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad