Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
People care because it's an embarrassment to sportsmanship and fair play but frankly I get that many people simply don't care about these things today in the NHL or elsewhere.
Nerd.

Washington is starting to look like a seller, at least for this season.

I wonder how many games Chychrun ends up sitting out since the trade is so imminent?
I don’t think they’ll really sit him all the way to the deadline. I’m guessing if he’s not traded in the next few days, he’ll come back in. He might even play tomorrow.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Perhaps

Well that certainly wouldn't add to the circus atmosphere at all would it?
I don’t know man. The only people I see crying are on the internet. Nobody really cares. Go ask Gavrikov how he feels. Chychrun seems fine with it. More so than Taylor Hall who was kind of a mess when they started holding him out for a trade in December, months ahead of the deadline. Nobody bothered to find out how McDonagh felt when the Rangers parked him on the IR until Tampa figured out how to get the cap right.

This isn’t new. They just said it out loud. And a bunch of pee pants babies who go around looking for excuses to cry about things found a new binky to suck on for a while.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I don’t know man. The only people I see crying are on the internet. Nobody really cares. Go ask Gavrikov how he feels. Chychrun seems fine with it. More so than Taylor Hall who was kind of a mess when they started holding him out for a trade in December, months ahead of the deadline. Nobody bothered to find out how McDonagh felt when the Rangers parked him on the IR until Tampa figured out how to get the cap right.

This isn’t new. They just said it out loud. And a bunch of pee pants babies who go around looking for excuses to cry about things found a new binky to suck on for a while.
Give it a break it's fair comment to dislike the actions of the team here and no need to make it personal.

But I'll leave it at that since we seem to agree to disagree here on it.

Good day sir.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
After watching the first 2 periods of tonight's game i have come to realize the king have no need for Chychrun wrong type of defenseman and wasn't impressed at all with Vejmelka. The kings are better off looking elsewhere

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Good day sir.

17506CD3-4815-4C9B-B82F-9F52580F01BE.jpeg

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
After watching the first 2 periods of tonight's game i have come to realize the king have no need for Chychrun wrong type of defenseman and wasn't impressed at all with Vejmelka. The kings are better off looking elsewhere

Are you sure? You just gave up 5 to the worst roster in the league.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Are you sure? You just gave up 5 to the worst roster in the league.
positive see this is where sitting Chyrun is working against you If he was playing I could evaluate his defensive game more See if he can play on pk We really dont need him on pp We are 2nd in nhl

Reactions: kinghock

GhostofYotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
People care because it's an embarrassment to sportsmanship and fair play but frankly I get that many people simply don't care about these things today in the NHL or elsewhere.
What's embarrassing about it? Seriously, because people are acting like we weren't already trying to sell NHL assets for draft assets, which is how a team rebuilds. We're not the only ones to do it, and it has the most proven track record of sustainable success. Keeping our best trade asset in tip top shape seems like a responsible move as well. Nothing about this situation screams embarrassing. I'd be willing to keep him out a month before the TDL if I felt it was close to happening, why risk it?

It's like telling an alcoholic to not go to AA because it's embarrassing. It doesn't make sense to me.

Anyone who looks beyond their emotions can see pretty plainly that this is a calculated move to grow what's been an otherwise stagnant franchise. Maybe they should just stay a dumpster fire for eternity?

Don't shoot yourself in the foot just because the crowd will be mad at you in a different way if you don't. Sit Chych, try to get your big return, if you fail he plays. Completely logical.

GhostofYotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
In a way, this sort of unprecedented sitting sort of weakens the Yotes.
Why are they so scared of injury?
Because it's Chychrun.
Oh yeah, maybe not the safest investment.
Thanks for the reminder.
Unprecedented how? It's definitely a more rare move but hardly unprecedented. Keep your best trade asset out of harms way until you trade him.

Everyone should be cautious of his injury history, but there is no denying the talent and solid contract.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
#1 Goal
#2 Defensive D
#3 Lizotte upgrade, not happening with Fiala passing to him.
#4 Timeout coach (guy who monitors the flow of the game & calls the timeout at an appropriate time)
#5 Nachos
#6 Fancy D

• Haha
Reactions: RunItBackAgain

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
So true. Gavrikov has probably lost at least 50% of his trad e value by now too. Wow. Stunning logic.

Doesn't matter with Gavrikov as much- because Gavrikov doesn't have the kind of injury history that makes you think "Oh shit, better not play that guy for a WHOLE f***ING MONTH because he might get hurt."

And look - I like Chychrun.
At one point, I wanted to speed up the Wings rebuild by trading Edvinsson to get him.

And, oh, by the way, the Coyotes are 2-0-2, with 6 points in four games since Chychrun got sat down, collecting points against 4 teams higher in the standings.

Another little factor that might just make you wonder what the deal is.

KingsCrunch

Apr 25, 2016
So Cal
It’s very funny that nobody has yet answered for Gavrikov, Hall or McDonagh. These people are either teenagers, new fans, casual fans, idiots or trolls.

Completely wrong on all of those guesses as usual. There was no quick reply because most of us actually have a life outside of this forum/thread.

Maybe you could have won this game with "your guy" if he was actually in the game.

iron_lung_2013_small.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad