Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
This is BS

how is this allowed? he should be playing. Yotes fans are getting ripped off. There's no way the PA can be okay with these games by the coyotes.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Why are they trading Chychrun, anyway? Isn't he young and one of their few good pieces?
He doesn’t want to be there and requested a trade. At least he’s not making a big stink about it like some others and is actually playing some hockey worth a damn for his team.

Callously looks over at Dubois

• Haha
Reactions: PainForShane

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Amazes me that forum 40 fans are fine with Chychrun being held out but other hockey fans aren't? I question their own integrity, calling for the league to interfere with the internal decisions of a franchise.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
The smart move would be to have Chick slash a rival team's star player in the head, get suspended, and then have to sit anyway

Reactions: FlyguyOX and rt

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Not Boston? Or a darkhorse like Winnipeg?

Boston could be.
Though, that 2023 first is basically a glorified 2nd round pick and I'm not sure the Bruins have much talent(prospects) left to do something like this.
Winnipeg doesn't really need another defenseman, especially at that price, IMO.

Rangers and Leafs are probably out, as they already gave up their 1st and lost cap space

Rangers had two first round picks this year.

Reactions: General Disarray

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
He doesn’t want to be there and requested a trade. At least he’s not making a big stink about it like some others and is actually playing some hockey worth a damn for his team.

Dubois has 55gp 23g 31a 54p +9

Reactions: Buffdog

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

Hasn't Dubois been one of the Jets best players this year?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
So your number is magically whatever the last non-coyotes team did? Cool. I guess this doesn’t apply to Gavrikov, either? How about the Rangers who held McDonagh from returning from an injury for an untold amount of time? They were just less honest. Maybe that’s the problem?

And this is 50% of the outrage from the booger eaters in this thread.
Would also apply to Columbus and any other team that does this.

McDonagh was dealt February 26th and his first game with Tampa was March 10th. He missed 5 gamed with Tampa, so not entirely sure the Rangers dragged out an injury.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
So realistically who even are the prime trading partners for Chychrun anymore?

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Boston could be.
Though, that 2023 first is basically a glorified 2nd round pick and I'm not sure the Bruins have much talent(prospects) left to do something like this.

I’m sure AZ would love to add that 1st, Lysell and Lohrei

So realistically who even are the prime trading partners for Chychrun anymore?
Boston and LA.

Darkhorses are CBJ and WPG. Shoot, maybe even STL.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I’m sure AZ would love to add that 1st, Lysell and Lohrei

That could be it. ;)

Still have a feeling it's either L.A. or it won't happen before the draft.
Boston, to me, just seems like a team that might rather go for a Gavrikov or even Soucy.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Yes, I was more referencing his last bit of time with Columbus.

Wow, you told me something I absolutely didn’t know! Thank you for the update :)
His last little bit of time in Columbus he was bullied by Tortorella. He's been playing very well since his arrival in Winnipeg and now their best player. He's been a good team mate his whole career. He doesn't want to be in Winnipeg long term, it's his right.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
There’s no way the NHL lets the bastard child coyotes scratch this guy for more than a week right?

Pretty standard procedure scratching a player on the trade block near the deadline when in tank mode.

Particularly true when the player in question has never played a full NHL season and is injured 18%-46% of every season since drafted.

Coyotes fans should be applauding the scratch. The last thing needed is a season ended injury, regardless of how dominant he's been in recent games.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Sabres could make this work very easily - 1st ( top 10 protected ) and Rosen plus or minus Johnson. You’re not going to get a better first round pick than the one the Sabres can offer… Either they’ll be one of the last teams in the playoffs or just outside, Boston, or any of the containers are not getting you that. It’s prob a 10-15 spot 1st rounder difference

Kraken could make that trade, too, trading Soucy to someone and then their 1st and a non Shane Wright prospect. They could prob get at least another 2 for Soucy and then trade whatever they need to Az

Sabres and Kraken both have lots of prospects, and lots of second round picks too :)

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Boston could be.

Winnipeg absolutely needs another defenseman… just not a lefty. Jets are in serious need of an upgrade at top 4, preferably top pairing, RHD

Reactions: Heldig

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Top teams better not scratch guys prior to the playoffs. Forget preserving legs for the playoffs. This is about the integrity of the game. The soul of hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad