Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Sabres could make this work very easily - 1st ( top 10 protected ) and Rosen plus or minus Johnson. You’re not going to get a better first round pick than the one the Sabres can offer… Either they’ll be one of the last teams in the playoffs or just outside, Boston, or any of the containers are not getting you that. It’s prob a 10-15 spot 1st rounder difference

Kraken could make that trade, too, trading Soucy to someone and then their 1st and a non Shane Wright prospect. They could prob get at least another 2 for Soucy and then trade whatever they need to Az

Sabres and Kraken both have lots of prospects, and lots of second round picks too :)
‘23 1st (T5P) and Rosen is a solid base.

Well, that still means that Chychrun probably wouldn't be the right fit.
I haven’t heard rumors about PIT or WSH but they’d be great fits.

Last edited:

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Top teams better not scratch guys prior to the playoffs. Forget preserving legs for the playoffs. This is about the integrity of the game. The soul of hockey.
It’s very funny that nobody has yet answered for Gavrikov, Hall or McDonagh. These people are either teenagers, new fans, casual fans, idiots or trolls.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Why would he do that, and what is your observation of ' The way things are going for Arizona '? He'll be in a new stadium by the time his ELC is up in a prime location!
...because everything else is going wrong for that organization? The only luck they have is bad luck these days.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I’m sure AZ would love to add that 1st, Lysell and Lohrei

Boston and LA.

Darkhorses are CBJ and WPG. Shoot, maybe even STL.
Columbus, St. Louis and Ottawa would be interesting if this drags out into the off-season again, their 1st round picks become a more known value. But I can't see either team making a Chychrun trade before the deadline.

I could see Boston, LA, Calgary, Edmonton, Dallas, Detroit making the trade in-season for a potential playoff push this year.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Pretty standard procedure scratching a player on the trade block near the deadline when in tank mode.

Particularly true when the player in question has never played a full NHL season and is injured 18%-46% of every season since drafted.

Coyotes fans should be applauding the scratch. The last thing needed is a season ended injury, regardless of how dominant he's been in recent games.
Yeah, a game or two before the deadline, not weeks before the deadline for weeks at a time

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

GhostofYotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Why do people care if he's sat for 2-3 weeks? It doesn't inhibit the game, Coyotes fans know we're rebuilding so we're mostly fine, it hasn't led to a bunch of losses, why get worked up? If he's not traded, he'll be back into the lineup, seems so inconsequential to me.

Oh sorry, I forgot, we're a failed franchise so we should just take the criticism and not try to build something better. I must have had my head in a dark hole with lots of smelly mud.

Troll on my Lords! Rule the narrative! With your voice, we can complain about things that don't matter! Change is coming!

#CollegeArenaCoyotesNeedToGo!

Seriously though, how many of you actually make time to watch Chychrun beyond the Coyotes playing your favorite team? How many of you are spending money to go watch Chychrun play live? How many of you are buying merch with his name on it? Tell me how this has devalued your experience with the NHL. Did you miss all his games for the past 6 seasons, but the last 3 weeks were your time to see him?

Most of you guys don't actually care, it's just the latest reason for you to complain about something. Let us Coyotes fans try to produce a winner, for once in our bleak existence.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
The Coyotes have gotten at least a point in the last 7 games, and 5 out of a possible 6 points since sitting JC. And to see Armstrong's reaction when Keller scored in the shoot out in the last game, it's pathetic how some here are calling it tanking.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The Coyotes have gotten at least a point in the last 7 games, and 5 out of a possible 6 points since sitting JC. And to see Armstrong's reaction when Keller scored in the shoot out in the last game, it's pathetic how some here are calling it tanking.
It’s not deliberately tanking but sitting one of your best players when healthy certainly improve the tanking odds. The fact that they’ve got points in 7 straight games really doesn’t prove anything.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

I haven’t heard rumors about PIT or WSH but they’d be great fits.
Washington is starting to look like a seller, at least for this season.

I wonder how many games Chychrun ends up sitting out since the trade is so imminent?

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
If that's the ask, the Sabres should have closed the deal and got Chychrun on a plane to Buffalo.

The Swords are loaded with young, offensive talent in Cozens, Krebs, Quinn, Peterka, Kulich, etc. and a big, solid D like Chychrun would be huge for them. Plus he's got term.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Why do people care if he's sat for 2-3 weeks? It doesn't inhibit the game, Coyotes fans know we're rebuilding so we're mostly fine, it hasn't led to a bunch of losses, why get worked up? If he's not traded, he'll be back into the lineup, seems so inconsequential to me.

Oh sorry, I forgot, we're a failed franchise so we should just take the criticism and not try to build something better. I must have had my head in a dark hole with lots of smelly mud.

Troll on my Lords! Rule the narrative! With your voice, we can complain about things that don't matter! Change is coming!

#CollegeArenaCoyotesNeedToGo!

Seriously though, how many of you actually make time to watch Chychrun beyond the Coyotes playing your favorite team? How many of you are spending money to go watch Chychrun play live? How many of you are buying merch with his name on it? Tell me how this has devalued your experience with the NHL. Did you miss all his games for the past 6 seasons, but the last 3 weeks were your time to see him?

Most of you guys don't actually care, it's just the latest reason for you to complain about something. Let us Coyotes fans try to produce a winner, for once in our bleak existence.
People care because it's an embarrassment to sportsmanship and fair play but frankly I get that many people simply don't care about these things today in the NHL or elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad