Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeveilleFan19

Jul 13, 2016
Yote's ask for Chychrun, accroding to this report.

He'll never get traded if this is what they're expecting in return.

REPORT: Coyotes substantial asking price from Bruins for Jakob Chychrun revealed

''According to that same source, NHL trade chatter amongst pro scouts and management had the Coyotes asking for either Bruins winger Jake DeBrusk or goalie Jeremy Swayman, a 2023 first round pick, 2024 third round pick, and one of their top prospects in forward Fabian Lysell (Providence Bruins), or defenseman Mason Lohrei (Ohio State). The Bruins gave an emphatic no to DeBrusk and Swayman being involved in any trade not just for Chychrun but with any NHL team.‘'

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto

REPORT: Coyotes substantial asking price from Bruins for Jakob Chychrun revealed

''According to that same source, NHL trade chatter amongst pro scouts and management had the Coyotes asking for either Bruins winger Jake DeBrusk or goalie Jeremy Swayman, a 2023 first round pick, 2024 third round pick, and one of their top prospects in forward Fabian Lysell (Providence Bruins), or defenseman Mason Lohrei (Ohio State). The Bruins gave an emphatic no to DeBrusk and Swayman being involved in any trade not just for Chychrun but with any NHL team.‘'
My god that's a heavy price. He's a good Dman, but with his injury history I can't imagine anyone giving up that much for him. There's literally a 40% chance he gets injured and misses playing in the playoffs this year given his history.

Reactions: Mione134

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Take that will a huge huge grain of salt. The “source”, Jimmy Murphy, is banned from this site.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

What else would the yotes ask for?? The Bruins don’t have jack crap to offer which is why I’ve never understood them being towards the top of the contenders.

B- and C+ prospects aren’t moving the needle for Chychrun. Like, at all. That’s laughable.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
What else would the yotes ask for?? The Bruins don’t have jack crap to offer which is why I’ve never understood them being towards the top of the contenders.

B- and C+ prospects aren’t moving the needle for Chychrun. Like, at all. That’s laughable.
Debrusk and Swayman are high caliber NHL players in their own right. So I'm not buying that garbage that Murphy puts out. 99 % of his stuff he throws out there he says "its from a source". The only source Murph has is in his head or he reads tweets from other journalists, at least when he does that he doesn't look so dam idiotic, like he does with this one.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

Jimmy Murphy is a complete fraud. Less credible than Eklund.

My god that's a heavy price. He's a good Dman, but with his injury history I can't imagine anyone giving up that much for him. There's literally a 40% chance he gets injured and misses playing in the playoffs this year given his history.
It’s fake

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

Why would the ‘Yotes ask for a 26 year old 1 year away from UFA? Makes zero sense.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ

I doubt that it is real.From Coyotes perspective it makes no sense.They don't need Swayman, goaltending is one area they are fine.DeBrusk is 26 y/o who will be UFA after next season and he doesn't fit in rebuilding team.

Last edited:

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

No f&^%@ Way take a hike Billy. Bruins fan.!

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

That GM deserves credit for trying but also is extremely unintelligent to waste everyone's time.

Reactions: Lt Dan and kinghock

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I have a hard time believing any reports.
I think what you are saying is that whole process has gotten out of hand , so let me bore you with my suggestion . Arizona should tell all teams that are interested what they want ,and all teams interested what they will offer and if not accepted they should walk away and let Armstrong keep his prize and get left with his d#$k in his hand , this has gone on too long negotiations are over............For all teams that are interested Red Auerbach once said the" best trades he ever made were the ones he didn't make"

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
According to reports Arizona asked from Buffalo Savioe, Samuelsson and 2023 1st

Arizona can go pound sand,
As with any report you ask “who wants this out there”

Nothing comes out of Buffalo about anything since Adams took over. The closest there is to a leak is a local blogger who has gotten wind of extensions for Tage and Cozens within a couple hours (Tage) or days (Cozens) of them being completed.

So it’s unlikely someone there is leaking trade discussions.

Does Arizona want this out there? Maybe I guess. But it feels like something that’s just going to drive teams away. The ask is a mid round 1, top prospect and a top 4 D locked in for the next seven years? No team is thinking “damn…I have to get in on a conversation with the Coyotes now!”

Which means it’s just made up

Reactions: GhostofYotesFan47

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
As with any report you ask “who wants this out there”

Nothing comes out of Buffalo about anything since Adams took over. The closest there is to a leak is a local blogger who has gotten wind of extensions for Tage and Cozens within a couple hours (Tage) or days (Cozens) of them being completed.

So it’s unlikely someone there is leaking trade discussions.

Does Arizona want this out there? Maybe I guess. But it feels like something that’s just going to drive teams away. The ask is a mid round 1, top prospect and a top 4 D locked in for the next seven years? No team is thinking “damn…I have to get in on a conversation with the Coyotes now!”

Which means it’s just made up
Of course Arizona is leaking everything out there. Unless you think the Clarke rumors were made up too? Which I doubt it was because it came from multiple sources. So Arizona is leaking to get the price higher.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Of course Arizona is leaking everything out there. Unless you think the Clarke rumors were made up too? Which I doubt it was because it came from multiple sources. So Arizona is leaking to get the price higher.
I don’t see how it works. No team is hearing that ask…which would never be accepted…and saying let’s up our offer.

zero.

Reactions: kinghock

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I don’t see how it works. No team is hearing that ask…which would never be accepted…and saying let’s up our offer.

zero.
I do find it bizarre what happened. It sounded like there was a trade in place Chychrun for Clarke++ and Chychrun was scratched and then LA denied the trade even existed.

Someone is trying to play to the crowd.

Reactions: Kaizen

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
UPDATE:

Jacob Chychrun is still a Coyote!

Kypreos not Morgan, so it isn't coming AZ, but from Toronto.

With a lottery win, I can see the Coyotes and Chychrun agreeing not to pursue a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad