Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
fwiw, in 18 games in the OHL, Clarke has 11G, 19A for 30 pts on a team whose best players are 4th & 5th round picks. In Chychrun’s final year in the OHL, 62 games, 11G, 38A for 49 pts on a team with Zacha, Konecny & Kyrou. So in less than a third of the games, Clarke has stepped in and scored as many goals and has has half the assists while playing on a much less talented team.

You can say that Clarke needs to be able to show in the NHL, but in his brief stint with the Kings, he certainly showed flashes and was a stud in big game situations for Team Canada. And while Chychrun has had one good season in the NHL, he has also only played in about 80% of the games due to injuries - noting that injuries in his draft year were also the reason that he dropped in the draft.

There is little likelihood that Blake would have ever considered trading Clarke (or Byfield) for Chychrun because he expects those two players to be the core of the Kings for next decade.

Comparing Chychrun’s D-1 year to Clarke’s D+2 year isn’t a really good comparison lol

GhostofYotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Lol, how many players do you know that have asked not to be played, and 2 weeks later still sitting. Funny idea though.
How many times have we seen players make moves to force a trade (like publicly refusing to play)? I hope the team is the one making this decision because if it's the player, it could start to turn ugly.

I do appreciate you verifying that you're not operating under any sourced info, just adding speculation. It's fine to speculate, just don't act like you have the facts when challenged.

If Chychrun is refusing to play to force a trade, I'm grateful he's not making a public stink about it. Just another example of his professionalism. I really wish we could just keep him, but I understand and respect his desire to compete for a cup.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
How many times have we seen players make moves to force a trade (like publicly refusing to play)? I hope the team is the one making this decision because if it's the player, it could start to turn ugly.

I do appreciate you verifying that you're not operating under any sourced info, just adding speculation. It's fine to speculate, just don't act like you have the facts when challenged.

If Chychrun is refusing to play to force a trade, I'm grateful he's not making a public stink about it. Just another example of his professionalism. I really wish we could just keep him, but I understand and respect his desire to compete for a cup.
Nice you agree with me now,

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002

the last one i remember sitting out was gilmour, he walked out on the flames before the trade to toronto ... may be missing one but off hand i cant think of one

GhostofYotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
the last one i remember sitting out was gilmour, he walked out on the flames before the trade to toronto ... may be missing one but off hand i cant think of one
It's pretty uncommon, but has happened. Most recently in Coyotes history was Kyle Turris.

Edit: just to clarify, I believe he needed a contract extension and refused to sign one unless a trade was to be made. It's not a flat comparison, but my point was players do things to make statements to their current teams to get traded.

2nd Edit: Lindros is probably the most famous. PLD is also a recent example of a player basically refusing to play (completely lacked effort).

Last edited:
Reactions: freshwind

GhostofYotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
was he in the ahl when he forced his trade? getting old, memory ain't always reliable l
Kinda. He had been sent down and refused if I recall.
1676849015563.png

Reactions: freshwind

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
20 yo Chychrun played 118 NHL games compared to Clarke's 9
Being drafted into a shit show void of NHL talent will do that to you.

It’s the same thing that had Drew Doughty playing 18 minutes a game at 18 years old for the Kings.

Bad teams generally make room for younger players, because they damn sure don’t have better options or expectations of wins that year.

That being said, you won’t find any Kings fans who are particularly thrilled with Clarke’s usage this year.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
Lets just say Chycrun has a upper body issue and is day to day, like Timo Meier. That wouldnt be a stretch either since he is made of glass right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad