Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I need to roll a 6 on a die to win money. I can use 1 die or 2 dice. I choose 1 die and hit my 6.

Was my decision a good one simply because I did win?
The answer to this, and the topic it hand, is actually “I guess it didn’t matter anyway”

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Gonne be awesome when they dont trade him because they dont get the return they want.

Jacob Chychrun plays 975 games in his career.... would have made 1000 but the Yotes held him out of the lineup for 2 deadlines trying to maximize the return for 3000 fans in a junior rink
If Jacob Chychrun plays 975 games in his career I'll eat my left shoe.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
At 50% off I would probably do that and worry about who else to trade later.
Lambert & WPGs 1st is roughly equal to Raty and NYIs 1st, right? Chychrun at 2.3aav has got to be better than Horvat at 8.5aav, right? I feel like that’s worth Heinola, at least. So even though it seems pretty fair to Winnipeg it also strikes me as a nice return for AZ.

KingsCrunch

Apr 25, 2016
So Cal
OK OK OK Let's just slow this down. While no one quite knows what will happen or not I will attach a song that Coyote fans can agree that gives them a feeling on just what is going on. Listen to the lyrics.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. It matters who is making the choice to sit Chychrun, and no one here knows if it's Chychrun or the Coyotes. If it's Chychrun's camp, the team is incentivised to say he's sitting for trade related reasons, because saying Chychrun won't play hurts his value. If it's the team, their incentive is to protect the asset.

The post you quoted was part of a group of posts where I asked the poster to prove the info he was stating as fact, which he failed to do. I never said he was wrong, only that he can't be certain.

So answer me this, is it Chychrun's camp, or the team that has Chychrun sitting out games? Can you prove your answer? If you can, great, I'll happily concede to your narrative.

Better actually. Thanks for asking. :thumbu:
Yeah hiding an injury like that would be a major issue with the league. Occam's Razor: A guy on the block is held out, team says it's for trade reasons, other players aroud the league are being held out for trade reasons, refusing to disclose and injury would end with league sanctions....

it's for trade reasons.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
If Chychrun is still in Arizona post deadline they deserve to lose their shot at Bedard
If a team matches the asking price then he'll be traded. Arizona isn't playing games. They've been incredibly straight forward and transparent through this whole saga. Very interesting that so many folks around here feel like they've been cheated.

Reactions: PainForShane

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
This kind of f***ing bullshit should end in Arizona losing their 1st round pick this year. What a garbage league run by a shitclown.
Agree with what you are saying , but Betteman is doing for the owners not for the game which is a great game . He scares me that he will go the way of the other leagues especially the NBA , and flash all the money deals with Nike communist owned and all the wokeness he is pushing . I just want to watch hockey and think of you feel the same way. The NHL is the last hope for just watching a sport . Arizona playing in a college rink is a disgrace move that team NOW ? .....I expect this post to be removed...........

• Haha
Reactions: Conbon and CapSpace

GhostofYotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Would he not be suspended if he didnt play by his choice?

I really do hope things get better it sucks what your fanbase has had to go through.

i only took a shot at that poster because he fired one off about that absolutely idiotic trade by our last GM who had the IQ of a budgie. Unfortunately that dinosour couldn't pull himself out of the 90s when there was no salary cap and the league valued fighters he would evaluate players from 3 4 yrs ago and created philosophical comparisons to hall of famers of his trade targets and draft picks like a child. Yes it stings because we almost unilaterally knew it was a short sighted attempt to save his own ass and even that failed because he was well the worst GM of salary cap era.

Anyway Garland is fun to watch and is a good player so i guess there is that and if it finally got him fired then perhaps it was a blessing

On Chychrun its getting to be a saga No? Would be nice to do right by the player and team and get on with it. He's missed a lot of games in his career already seems harsh when it gets to this many and looks bad on the league when a player who is a star has wanted out for over a year and is still twisting in the wind.
Your good brotha! I took no offense.

You know, I think it would depend on the approach. He played 30 minutes or something close to, then he was held out. That's a lot of minutes for an asset that wants to move, and had the bad luck of being injured last year before the TDL. Part of me wonders if he got with Bill and they had a heart to heart. If that were the case, he may not be suspended.

In terms of appearances, I think people with so few problems that they make them up are the only ones who care. They then scream enough that some others follow without really thinking it through. The rest of us look at this for what it is, 2 people working towards a common goal. Chychrun wants to go to a contender, Bill wants to build one.

GhostofYotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Yeah hiding an injury like that would be a major issue with the league. Occam's Razor: A guy on the block is held out, team says it's for trade reasons, other players aroud the league are being held out for trade reasons, refusing to disclose and injury would end with league sanctions....

it's for trade reasons.
I wasn't alluding he had an injury, I was saying he was forcing a trade by not playing, but not being super public about it, allowing the team to say trade related reasons as if they initiated it, to save value.

Chychrun is likely getting impatient, he's trying to let Bill get value for him like a good pro, I think. Bill may need to get his ass in gear or it could start to become much more public, hurt Chychrun's trade value.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Chychrun waiting to play somewhere:

1676903379121.png

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
If a team matches the asking price then he'll be traded. Arizona isn't playing games. They've been incredibly straight forward and transparent through this whole saga. Very interesting that so many folks around here feel like they've been cheated.
They might be straightforward, but if they are serious about trading him they will read the room and realize that the price isn’t being met. At some point they might have to align the price to the market.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Why is it a joke? I keep asking why it bothers people, and I keep being told it's embarrassing, but no one can explain how it's embarrassing. You've chimed in, can you enlighten me?
Because the point of professional sports is competition. We ask players to try their best and work to achieve. When a front office says "Yeah we're not really going to try" it misses the whole point of the endeavor. Not playing a guy for a game or 2 would be one thing, but an extended thing is against the whole spirit of competition.

I get a fan of a certain team wouldn't care about that, but the league as a whole does and should because it not only effects one team but all the teams.

I'll turn the question to you: Why is it good for the league to have healthy star players not playing for extended time?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. It matters who is making the choice to sit Chychrun, and no one here knows if it's Chychrun or the Coyotes. If it's Chychrun's camp, the team is incentivised to say he's sitting for trade related reasons, because saying Chychrun won't play hurts his value. If it's the team, their incentive is to protect the asset.
Stop being an absolutist but then again you might not even exist given your parameters eh?
The post you quoted was part of a group of posts where I asked the poster to prove the info he was stating as fact, which he failed to do. I never said he was wrong, only that he can't be certain.
All indications are that the team is sitting him for the trade and heck being a lottery team certainly doesn't hurt the decision does it?
So answer me this, is it Chychrun's camp, or the team that has Chychrun sitting out games? Can you prove your answer? If you can, great, I'll happily concede to your narrative.
Well no one can prove it, unless the 2 sides come out and say it and even then it might be spin but the bottom line is that the Yotes continue to be an embarrassingly run organization and the NHL (Bettman) propping them up for so long is part of the problem.

Also don't take that statement personally it's an observation of a poorly run organization not the fans, as a Canucks fan and a lifelong fan of hockey I have seen this movie before.
Better actually. Thanks for asking. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad