Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Cheers.

Yeah being held out is nothing new. Usually it’s held out from morning practice or pulled during warmups, then promptly traded.
Usually. But not aways. Taylor Hall was scratched multiple games in December before being traded to AZ. He was traveling with the Devils and not playing. Ironically, the devils were in town to play the Yotes a couple days before he was dealt. And he didn’t play that game.

McDonagh was healthy for an unknown amount of time before the Rangers dealt him to Tampa. He remained on the IR beyond what was required because they were working on a trade and didn’t want him back playing.

You can bet San Jose will do the same with Meier than the Rangers did with McDonagh now they Meier had a minor injury. He’s likely played his last game as a Shark, even if he’s ready to play (which he probably is).

And now, of course, there is Gavrikov. He’s been out a week, too, waiting on a trade.

The longer he’s held out the further his trade value drops.

I disagree. This has absolutely no negative effect on his trade value whatsoever. None.

1st, Lysell, Lorhei, Beecher, Reilly, Smith for Chychrun, Bjugstad, 12 pizzas from Biancos
Dump Beecher+Reilly and replace them with Zboril. Also, no pizza.

To BOS
Chychrun
Bjugstad

To ARI
Smith
Zboril
Lysell
Lohrei
‘23 1st

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
What we’re seeing is temper tantrums from entitled brats. And Armstrong just doesn’t care. The worm is turning in AZ and people don’t like it, they aren’t ready for it, and they haven’t paid enough attention to realize it.

LMAO

that's...an interpretation of reality I suppose.

Reactions: NB613 and wetcoast

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
They said Hofer. I’d do Hofer and two 1sts for Chychrun and Prosvetov.
Hofer signed a 2 year 1 way deal with the blues. Pretty sure he is the back up to Binnington next year.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Chychrun is also signed to a one way contract for two more years.
And? I'm just saying I don't see the blues trading Hofer as they most likely have him as the back up next year and the person to replace Binnington in 4 years.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Hofer signed a 2 year 1 way deal with the blues. Pretty sure he is the back up to Binnington next year.
Chychrun is also signed to a one way contract for two more years.

And? I'm just saying I don't see the blues trading Hofer as they most likely have him as the back up next year and the person to replace Binnington in 4 years.
A four year back up goalie plan is a very impressive level of detail.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If a team matches the asking price then he'll be traded. Arizona isn't playing games. They've been incredibly straight forward and transparent through this whole saga. Very interesting that so many folks around here feel like they've been cheated.

You don’t sit him for a month and then keep him.

That should be seen as blatant tanking and make sure the lottery won’t award them

• Haha
Reactions: wintersej

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I'm just trying to keep things in perspective, no absolution about it. People are making absolute comments and I'm asking for evidence to back that up. As a Coyotes fan before Chychrun, people talking bad about Coyotes management like they have an inside track discredits their point. This is the best management group we've seen thus far (without any hindsight). Everything they appear to be doing revolves around building a sustainable winner. For the first time (as far as I can tell) we have an actual owner and management team. They now need the time and support to build a winner. People need to open their eyes a bit and see the big picture, remove the emotions of initial shock.

I'm not trying to be a clown or shit on anyone, I just want someone who talks down about my team to understand what's happening. I don't expect them to know because they aren't fans of the Coyotes, and most of us aren't professionals in the NHL so our time is dedicated to work, families, friends, and so on.

I just explained in another post why I think this is blown out when it shouldn't be. I get we want our athletes to play, but we also want our teams to win. That takes time and skill. Sitting Chychrun to trade him (if it is the team making the choice) makes a ton of sense, even if it sucks in the short term.
My point was that it's extremely reasonable to suggest that the team is having sit out as all indications are pointing that way.

Furthermore with the lottery this year and the Yotes position in the standings at the time and how long he has been kept out also clearly is bad optics and proof isn't needed here to have a valid opinion on it as it's a bad look in term of being competitive if you can't see that then I just don't know what to say.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Arizona - We want four firsts, 3 seconds, 3 top young players on ELC’s, and 8 young prospects for Chychrun.

We’re holding him out because we feel there is a chance we might trade him.
The price has been reported on consistently for the last 15 months and hasn’t changed. They want the equivalent of two 1sts and a 2nd. Whether that be picks, equivalent prospects, young roster players, or most likely some combination.

Given that Horvat got essentially two 1st equivalents despite requiring a 70 million dollar commitment, and that aging rentals like Tarasenko and ROR each got more more than a 1st, and that Chiarot (who is a fairly lousy player) got a 1st last deadline, while Hagel got two 1sts, it seems pretty understandable that AZ would want two 1sts and a 2nd.

Chychrun is 24, has three playoff runs worth of term, and is signed to 4.6aav bargain. The asking price is not only reasonable but looks more reasonable every time a large trade is made.

oh dear.

yes rt, we're all terribly shook that you're trading what should be a core piece for futures. yup, terribly upsetting.

just weren't ready for the worm turn.
Who’s “we’re all”? You got a mouse in your pocket? Or do you fancy yourself some kind of spokesman? Sad. Very sad.

Lysell lohrei and a 1st should finish this. Get it done.
Yeah, I’d do that.

SpooKy

Jul 22, 2003
Redondo Beach, California
There's going to be a 1st rd pick involved. There's also going to be a young roster player involved and a really good prospect. If that 1st is within the top 15 of the draft then then the quality of the rest of the pieces will probably drop. Not much, but I doubt the Yotes get a blue chip prospect and a high 1st rounder and a top young roster player.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
The price has been reported on consistently for the last 15 months and hasn’t changed. They want the equivalent of two 1sts and a 2nd. Whether that be picks, equivalent prospects, young roster players, or most likely some combination.

Given that Horvat got essentially two 1st equivalents despite requiring a 70 million dollar commitment, and that aging rentals like Tarasenko and ROR each got more more than a 1st, and that Chiarot (who is a fairly lousy player) got a 1st last deadline, while Hagel got two 1sts, it seems pretty understandable that AZ would want two 1sts and a 2nd.

Chychrun is 24, has three playoff runs worth of term, and is signed to 4.6aav bargain. The asking price is not only reasonable but looks more reasonable every time a large trade is made.

Who’s “we’re all”? You got a mouse in your pocket? Or do you fancy yourself some kind of spokesman? Sad. Very sad.

Yeah, I’d do that.
& This is the disconnect. Are you selling prime Karlsson or an injury prone Muzzin? Ask is closer to the first. Have to see where the offers come in.

Reactions: deaderhead28

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
& This is the disconnect. Are you selling prime Karlsson or an injury prone Muzzin? Ask is closer to the first. Have to see where the offers come in.
That’s a false dichotomy. He’s neither of those things. Looking at the last handful of trades involving first round picks for players, one can see pretty quickly that the ask is reasonable.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Bruins about to begin their big Western Canada road trip.

This is historically when they added Lindholm, Hall and even Kaberle lol.

It's when the GM can let the new guys gel with the team weeks before the trade deadline. Let's see if the deal is made for Chychrun OR Gavrikov putting them out of this race...

Reactions: wintersej

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Lysell lohrei and a 1st should finish this. Get it done.

We were told Leafs don't have the assets and this gets it done? Knies is just as good of a prospect as Lysell, our first is going to be a better pick. Lohrej is nothing special at all Leafs have tons of these prospects.

Have to think it takes more than this

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
We were told Leafs don't have the assets and this gets it done? Knies is just as good of a prospect as Lysell, our first is going to be a better pick. Lohrej is nothing special at all Leafs have tons of these prospects.

Have to think it takes more than this
Leafs first is 2024, so not as good.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Usually. But not aways. Taylor Hall was scratched multiple games in December before being traded to AZ. He was traveling with the Devils and not playing. Ironically, the devils were in town to play the Yotes a couple days before he was dealt. And he didn’t play that game.

McDonagh was healthy for an unknown amount of time before the Rangers dealt him to Tampa. He remained on the IR beyond what was required because they were working on a trade and didn’t want him back playing.

You can bet San Jose will do the same with Meier than the Rangers did with McDonagh now they Meier had a minor injury. He’s likely played his last game as a Shark, even if he’s ready to play (which he probably is).
McDonagh didn't play for Tampa for quite a few games after he was dealt, so your belief is wrong, as I've pointed out in another thread.

It appears Hall missed 5 games over 11 days.

No more excuses to keep Chychrun out. Play him, or move him.

Gavirkov, you're next to play.

Coyotes can state they're doing what the Devils did before, but this is how long they got. Anything past 5 games should be fines of draft picks if thet choose not to play, or facilitate a trade of these players.

Reactions: deaderhead28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad