Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Also, Chychrun 2 more years at 4.6 is supposed to be a selling point. AZ wants to be compensated extra to make the cap work. Karlsson might actually be easier to trade for if SJ is willing to retain & take back some contracts to make the cap work. 4.6 isn't a bonus if AZ makes it difficult to get the trade done.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Also, Chychrun 2 more years at 4.6 is supposed to be a selling point. AZ wants to be compensated extra to make the cap work. Karlsson might actually be easier to trade for if SJ is willing to retain & take back some contracts to make the cap work. 4.6 isn't a bonus if AZ makes it difficult to get the trade done.
Your valuations are a bit off. Horvat for instance would have a larger impact on a team than Chychrun & be worth more. AZ didn't miss a beat with Chychrun out. Horvat was also traded for that price with the intention of extending him for 8 years. Chychrun only has 2 more years of team control before he can walk or asks for big money & walks. King's may not even be in contention during that time if they can't address their real holes.
Let me get this straight, you think my valuations are off, while you are the one asserting that;

1. Karlsson is easier to move than Chychrun AND…

2. Horvat’s remaining 8yrs, 8.5aav is somehow more desirable than Chychrun’s remaining 2yrs, 4.6aav AND…

3. AZ getting points in their last few games since Chychrun has been scratched somehow indicates they are better without him

…interesting. Very interesting. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re just trolling and your brain doesn’t legitimately function in this way.

If I’m wrong about that, then all I can say is I’m very proud of you for signing on and posting things. Good job buddy. Keep up the great work!

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Let me get this straight, you think my valuations are off, while you are the one asserting that;

1. Karlsson is easier to move than Chychrun AND…

2. Horvat’s remaining 8yrs, 8.5aav is somehow more desirable than Chychrun’s remaining 2yrs, 4.6aav AND…

3. AZ getting points in their last few games since Chychrun has been scratched somehow indicates they are better without him

…interesting. Very interesting. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re just trolling and your brain doesn’t legitimately function in this way.

If I’m wrong about that, then all I can say is I’m very proud of you for signing on and posting things. Good job buddy. Keep up the great work!
AZ isn't missing Chychrun one bit. Makes sense because they're used to him missing time. Makes me wonder about his overall impact.

Cap numbers don't matter. It's fitting those numbers. AZ is proving to be unhelpful with shifting cap. If say Karlsson was retained to 8-9 but SJ too some cap back as well like Iafallo & Walker that would get the teams most of the way there. Most teams have cap space to shift out. A team willing to take on short term cap will be easier to trade with than AZ with a big ask & additional ask for moving assets.

I would much rather have Horvat over Chychrun. Goal would still be an issue, but Horvat would be a massive add to the King's center position for the playoffs. Then it comes down to fitting that cap. If Van was willing to help facilitate it's easier than adding Chychrun at 4.6 that asks to be compensated on top of the return.

Reactions: deaderhead28

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
AZ isn't missing Chychrun one bit. Makes sense because they're used to him missing time. Makes me wonder about his overall impact.
I can’t take you seriously. This is just too absurd. And the rest of it is about on par. Sorry man, I’m going to tap out on discussing stuff with you. I hope you’re joking and trying to get a rise out of me and this post (including what I trimmed) isn’t really how you go about forming thoughts. But I’m not gonna find out.

I usually purge my list every six months or so. See ya this summer. Good luck bud!

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I can’t take you seriously. This is just too absurd. And the rest of it is about on par. Sorry man, I’m going to tap out on discussing stuff with you. I hope you’re joking and trying to get a rise out of me and this post (including what I trimmed) isn’t really how you go about forming thoughts. But I’m not gonna find out.

I usually purge my list every six months or so. See ya this summer. Good luck bud!
Or take the ask for Chychrun have Sharks retain down to 8-9 & pay the rest of the ask for a second team to retain.

At the ask for Chychrun, any team can buy down Karlsson's contract.

Edit: Horvat vs Chychrun
Fiala, Lizotte, Vilardi
Vs
Fiala, Horvat, Vilardi
Or
Durzi, Roy
Vs
Chychrun, Roy

Chychrun may be better defensively than Durzi, but still not a shutdown guy. Durzi is a good PPQB. Kings have multiple good left shots on PP. Fiala, Horvat, Vilardi would have a bigger impact on the King's winning games than swapping Durzi for Chychrun.

Last edited:
Reactions: deaderhead28

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Cap numbers don't matter. It's fitting those numbers. AZ is proving to be unhelpful with shifting cap. If say Karlsson was retained to 8-9 but SJ too some cap back as well like Iafallo & Walker that would get the teams most of the way there. Most teams have cap space to shift out. A team willing to take on short term cap will be easier to trade with than AZ with a big ask & additional ask for moving assets.

I would much rather have Horvat over Chychrun. Goal would still be an issue, but Horvat would be a massive add to the King's center position for the playoffs. Then it comes down to fitting that cap. If Van was willing to help facilitate it's easier than adding Chychrun at 4.6 that asks to be compensated on top of the return.
Chych will make almost any team better. In AZ, his situation has likely been a distraction for the team, and without him, the team is coming together more, they are playing better. That isn't a knock on Chych, it's on the GM for taking 18 months so far to try and trade him, there is a cost in trying to get every last penny for an asset. The GM has waited too long and is likely to get less of a return like he did with OEL, had to include Garland to get it done a year later.

Chych doesn't get top pairing minutes in AZ, he doesn't face the other teams top line generally or get much in the way of PP minutes, he is average to below on D. An ideal situation is for Chych to play even strength on your second or third pairing and get #1PP minutes. That is his best fit and his best utilization. Given the price of futures the GM is asking for, I don't think LA is a likely landing spot because Blake won't give up the futures needed to get this trade completed and LA isn't a win now team, they are still a year or two away from the WCF, Chych won't put them over the top. The more likely landing spot is a win now team like the Oilers with a GM on the hot seat.

KingsCrunch

Apr 25, 2016
So Cal
My sources have provided me an update.

jacob_boy_in_the_bubble.jpg

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Chych will make almost any team better. In AZ, his situation has likely been a distraction for the team, and without him, the team is coming together more, they are playing better. That isn't a knock on Chych, it's on the GM for taking 18 months so far to try and trade him, there is a cost in trying to get every last penny for an asset. The GM has waited too long and is likely to get less of a return like he did with OEL, had to include Garland to get it done a year later.

Chych doesn't get top pairing minutes in AZ, he doesn't face the other teams top line generally or get much in the way of PP minutes, he is average to below on D. An ideal situation is for Chych to play even strength on your second or third pairing and get #1PP minutes. That is his best fit and his best utilization. Given the price of futures the GM is asking for, I don't think LA is a likely landing spot because Blake won't give up the futures needed to get this trade completed and LA isn't a win now team, they are still a year or two away from the WCF, Chych won't put them over the top. The more likely landing spot is a win now team like the Oilers with a GM on the hot seat.
I agree with it 100%.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
McDonagh didn't play for Tampa for quite a few games after he was dealt, so your belief is wrong, as I've pointed out in another thread.

It appears Hall missed 5 games over 11 days.

No more excuses to keep Chychrun out. Play him, or move him.

Gavirkov, you're next to play.

Coyotes can state they're doing what the Devils did before, but this is how long they got. Anything past 5 games should be fines of draft picks if thet choose not to play, or facilitate a trade of these players.
I agree, but it should be 3 games. Fans are getting cheated.

Reactions: cobra427

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Your first paragraph is so stupid. How old are you? Hell, your entire post is :rolleyes:

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Bruins have the same issue.

ya why would anyone want a prospect that’s going pro in a month? You right.
Yeah who wants a 22 year old in college that will need 2 years in the AHL and get his first serious NHL experience at 24 years old. Those guys always become stars, No doubt about it. It's ok, I know Boston hasn't done the whole "prospect" thing too much recently so they think their current ones can buy them anything.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Yeah who wants a 22 year old in college that will need 2 years in the AHL and get his first serious NHL experience at 24 years old. Those guys always become stars, No doubt about it.
Mcavoy was a complete bust. Bruins should be better in the future. Wasting second round picks on college kids. Bunch of amateurs.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Mcavoy was a complete bust. Bruins should be better in the future. Wasting second round picks on college kids. Bunch of amateurs.
*checks notes*

Mcavoy played college in his draft year, had NHL games by the time he was 20/21 and was a full time NHL'er at 21yo. Lohrei is in his second year of college at age 22.

I'm not sure you're up to date to commonly successful prospect development tracks. He's exact same prospect profile as Flyer's Ronnie Attard, except skates worse. I wouldn't dream of Attard headlining a trade for a guy like Chychrun.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
*checks notes*

Mcavoy played college in his draft year, had NHL games by the time he was 20/21 and was a full time NHL'er at 21yo. Lohrei is in his second year of college at age 22.

I'm not sure you're up to date to commonly successful prospect development tracks. He's exact same prospect profile as Flyer's Ronnie Attard, except skates worse. I wouldn't dream of Attard headlining a trade for a guy like Chychrun.
You won’t have too. They aren’t trading for chychurn.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

This is an excellent post and highlights exactly what most reasonable Kings fans are saying. Particularly the dissonance between the boldfaced and the value asked as well as the idea that other teams are more 'window open' and acquiring Chychrun on the cheap (cap wise) has big value.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
*checks notes*

According to those in the know on the Bruins board, Lorhei is being more valued than Lysell and the Bruins 2023 1st by real NHL front offices in trade talks.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
According to those in the know on the Bruins board, Lorhei is being more valued than Lysell and the Bruins 2023 1st by real NHL front offices in trade talks.
No offense, but that doesn't say much. One of the last picks of the 1st round and a B- prospect that just ghosted at the WJC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad