Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostofYotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
My point was that it's extremely reasonable to suggest that the team is having sit out as all indications are pointing that way.

Furthermore with the lottery this year and the Yotes position in the standings at the time and how long he has been kept out also clearly is bad optics and proof isn't needed here to have a valid opinion on it as it's a bad look in term of being competitive if you can't see that then I just don't know what to say.
I see. We won't see eye to eye on this I think. I'm of the opinion that competitiveness and the desire to make a team competitive can stretch beyond a single season, as any tanking team would indicate. Sitting Chychrun is no worse than any team selling its best players for picks, you're decreasing your chance for success today to increase you chance at larger success later. I'm on board with that because I believe everything is cyclical, so inevitably a team will be bad at some point. Might as well make the most of the situation when you're in it. Or we can keep doing what we've done for 25 years and eventually be moved to a new market, because I've been a fan for 25 years to not win a championship in my hometown.

Also, I'm fine with the suggestion or even someone saying the probability is high, it was the absolution the poster had in his responses that bothered me. I'm going to defend my favorite team unless they deserve to take it in the mouth, AM and BA don't (yet, hopefully never).

Reactions: Guttersniped

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
We were told Leafs don't have the assets and this gets it done? Knies is just as good of a prospect as Lysell, our first is going to be a better pick. Lohrej is nothing special at all Leafs have tons of these prospects.

Have to think it takes more than this
The Leafs don’t have tons of Lohreis. Haha.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
McDonagh didn't play for Tampa for quite a few games after he was dealt, so your belief is wrong, as I've pointed out in another thread.

It appears Hall missed 5 games over 11 days.

No more excuses to keep Chychrun out. Play him, or move him.

Gavirkov, you're next to play.

Coyotes can state they're doing what the Devils did before, but this is how long they got. Anything past 5 games should be fines of draft picks if thet choose not to play, or facilitate a trade of these players.
Chychrun has been out 9 days. Let’s talk weds.

Reactions: GhostofYotesFan47

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Last game was February 10th. I'm just going by last game.

Either way, even though Arizona is maybe playing better now, teams can't just keep players out so they don't get hurt. If there isn't a trade fairly close, don't hold out players.
First game he sat out was the 11th.

What AZ is doing isn’t unprecedented. It’s happened before and nobody cared. That’s the point. It’s only an issue because people have now decided it’s now an issue. Why? Because it’s Arizona.

AZ could just say it’s for player safety reasons. Don’t want a distracted player to get hurt.

Regardless all that is going to happen is teams will lie going forward. Zero transparency. Player scratched for GM discretion. Transparency dies.

Reactions: PainForShane

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
First game he sat out was the 11th.

What AZ is doing isn’t unprecedented. It’s happened before and nobody cared. That’s the point. It’s only an issue because people have now decided it’s now an issue. Why? Because it’s Arizona.

AZ could just say it’s for player safety reasons. Don’t want a distracted player to get hurt.

Regardless all that is going to happen is teams will lie going forward. Zero transparency. Player scratched for GM discretion. Transparency dies.

How often do players sit for a month?

Reactions: deaderhead28

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
How often do players sit for a month?
I’m sitting right now.

They sit on the plane. The bench. In their car. So lots?

How often are they healthy scratched? Some players more than others. Bissonnete sat over half the games. Some players sit when they have any nick because their are other alternatives.

This is a $10-$12M contract that they are moving off their books. That’s it. BA only has to answer to his owner. That’s his task. Get the contract off the books. Acquire assets. He gets hurt and the owner has to eat another year of that deal then BA has to answer for that.

Reactions: GhostofYotesFan47

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Toronto doesn’t have a ‘23 1st? I think we’re miscommunicating.

Before this deal I was saying this package wasn't enough per people in this thread, so I am saying the Bruins package doesn't get it done either

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Why are we conceding that Hall’s duration was reasonable but one game or one day more in Chychrun’s case would be an outrage? Haha. This is what the trolls want.
You are arguing with yourself here, no one who is talking about sportsmanship and competiveness was okay with Hall sitting out nor have they mentioned it.

It's a typical 2 wrongs make a right type of argument.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
It’s close, but as a Yotes fan, I’d take Knies (local connection) But I’d rather have Lohrei than Niemela.
Interesting. Lohei has the size and has shown some offensive potential but Niemela has dominated both his age level (world juniors) and against men at a young age (voted best defenseman of his country). There has been lots of talk about his defensive ability as well.
Not sure Lohei's ceiling is higher than Niemela's floor as a second pairing dman.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
If Chychrun is still in Arizona post deadline they deserve to lose their shot at Bedard
We all know we're not getting Bedard. If there was a cup for meaningless wins, we'd need another arena we're not going to get to house those cups. The less we need the points, the better this team plays. Count on it. You have to be able to take a lot of punishment to be a Coyotes fan. Not a lot of p***yes in this fan base.

Reactions: Nowotny

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Before this deal I was saying this package wasn't enough per people in this thread, so I am saying the Bruins package doesn't get it done either
'23 1st, Knies and a 2nd would have certainly been enough.
Coyotes fans have been pretty clear about that throughout this long thread.
Leafs fans have mostly asserted in this thread that they wouldn't do that. And they were right.

Reactions: Nowotny

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
  • "Many around the NHL still believe the Kings are in the thick of things in the Jakob Chychrun race. We’ll see where things go, but with the Bruins presumably focused on Vladislav Gavrikov, unless another team comes out of the woodwork – some have suggested St. Louis and Columbus – LA remains in the lead." Per Pagnotta FWIW

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
  • "Many around the NHL still believe the Kings are in the thick of things in the Jakob Chychrun race. We’ll see where things go, but with the Bruins presumably focused on Vladislav Gavrikov, unless another team comes out of the woodwork – some have suggested St. Louis and Columbus – LA remains in the lead." Per Pagnotta FWIW

Kings would be an obvious one with a LD need.

i don’t see St. Louis in It Nor other non playoff teams. Of course this coukd change at the draft/ start of free agency.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
That’s a false dichotomy. He’s neither of those things. Looking at the last handful of trades involving first round picks for players, one can see pretty quickly that the ask is reasonable.
Your valuations are a bit off. Horvat for instance would have a larger impact on a team than Chychrun & be worth more. AZ didn't miss a beat with Chychrun out. Horvat was also traded for that price with the intention of extending him for 8 years. Chychrun only has 2 more years of team control before he can walk or asks for big money & walks. King's may not even be in contention during that time if they can't address their real holes.

Reactions: deaderhead28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad