Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
According to reports Arizona asked from Buffalo Savioe, Samuelsson and 2023 1st

Arizona can go pound sand,
I’m going to guess that’s also some nonsense source like HockeyBuzz

Do the Jets have interest here? If so, at what cost do you think?
Chychrun 50% retained for Heinola, Lambert and a 1st.

Reactions: Nowotny

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I do find it bizarre what happened. It sounded like there was a trade in place Chychrun for Clarke++ and Chychrun was scratched and then LA denied the trade even existed.

Someone is trying to play to the crowd.
bs our gm Blake went talked to Clarke directly to tell him hes going no where with in hours of this bs rumour coming out

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I’m going to guess that’s also some nonsense source like HockeyBuzz

Chychrun 50% retained for Heinola, Lambert and a 1st.
At 50% off I would probably do that and worry about who else to trade later.

Reactions: rt

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
With the report out that the CBJ/Boston deal is pending another trade, makes me think that one of them is connected to the AZ deal?

Gavrikov to Boston

Assets from that trade + CBJs own assets to AZ for CBJ to get Chychrun?

Timing is terrible tank/draft wise but, Jackets have been pursuing him for a long time..

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
With the report out that the CBJ/Boston deal is pending another trade, makes me think that one of them is connected to the AZ deal?

Gavrikov to Boston

Assets from that trade + CBJs own assets to AZ for CBJ to get Chychrun?

Timing is terrible tank/draft wise but, Jackets have been pursuing him for a long time..
I’d be pumped. Boston’s 1st and Mateychuk would have me doing cartwheels

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Except that they can't just purposely tank by scratching him all season. So, they have to play him and that reduces the odds of getting Bedard
at the end of the day, it doesn't matter much if they have the top odds or the 5th

it's all about luck so may as well try and build something to look forward for next season, it's not like they gonna win that many games even with him in the lineup

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
at the end of the day, it doesn't matter much if they have the top odds or the 5th

it's all about luck so may as well try and build something to look forward for next season, it's not like they gonna win that many games even with him in the lineup
That is true, and they could still tank by trading off other players

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Except that they can't just purposely tank by scratching him all season. So, they have to play him and that reduces the odds of getting Bedard
Bruh, come on. Reduces those odds by like, what, 5 percent? We're either going to win him or we're not. But GMBA isn't putting all his eggs in the Bedard basket. He's talked about stacking good player on good player. Above anything, he wants to build a team that runs four lines deep and then some. Bedard would be great to have. But if the Yotes don't get him, I doubt GMBA loses sleep.

Reactions: GhostofYotesFan47

TwzKing

Nov 19, 2004
it really is baffling why you guys think the union would be upset. The player is getting paid and they plan to trade him. That's really all that matters. Any player can be scratched for any reason as long as the bills are getting paid who give a f***.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Can you prove that? You seem pretty certain so you must have some verifiable into on the situation? Please enlighten us.
Lol, how many players do you know that have asked not to be played, and 2 weeks later still sitting. Funny idea though.

John Strachan

Jan 5, 2021
bs our gm Blake went talked to Clarke directly to tell him hes going no where with in hours of this bs rumour coming out
fwiw, in 18 games in the OHL, Clarke has 11G, 19A for 30 pts on a team whose best players are 4th & 5th round picks. In Chychrun’s final year in the OHL, 62 games, 11G, 38A for 49 pts on a team with Zacha, Konecny & Kyrou. So in less than a third of the games, Clarke has stepped in and scored as many goals and has has half the assists while playing on a much less talented team.

You can say that Clarke needs to be able to show in the NHL, but in his brief stint with the Kings, he certainly showed flashes and was a stud in big game situations for Team Canada. And while Chychrun has had one good season in the NHL, he has also only played in about 80% of the games due to injuries - noting that injuries in his draft year were also the reason that he dropped in the draft.

There is little likelihood that Blake would have ever considered trading Clarke (or Byfield) for Chychrun because he expects those two players to be the core of the Kings for next decade.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
it really is baffling why you guys think the union would be upset. The player is getting paid and they plan to trade him. That's really all that matters. Any player can be scratched for any reason as long as the bills are getting paid who give a f***.
It’s Chicago, Columbus , Anaheim and teams like those that are upset atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad