Player Discussion Jake Sanderson (D) PART 3

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
A couple of very small gaffs last night but I thought he looked amazing overall. You can see him starting to gain confidence. Last night was so glimpses of the way he played in college. Has his confidence girls we will see much more of that. He’s going to be an absolute beast for us.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
I thought he was our best player tonight.
the-warriors-the-best.gif

Ya I was surprised how he took charge, thought he'd be more passive and less noticeable, but he was all over the ice at both ends. What a player he will likely become.

Reactions: Alex1234

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
A couple of very small gaffs last night but I thought he looked amazing overall. You can see him starting to gain confidence. Last night was so glimpses of the way he played in college. Has his confidence girls we will see much more of that. He’s going to be an absolute beast for us.

Absolutely. A 20 year old playing his first NHL game on D skated the puck out of his own zone through forecheckers at least once. He's going to be hugely valuable at his peak.

Also, having a guy who can be a one man breakout on each pairing is huge. The forwards didn't really seem prepared for it; had they been in better position Sandy might have gotten his first point too.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
its okay to have a stacked defense

never understood this mentality. If you can afford it then keep the band together for as long as possible. Chabot is not going anywhere for the next 2 years
Let's say the Sens get a guy like Chychrun and Sanderson looks like he is going to be an all-star Dman. Also Pinto develops into a solid NHLer. The Sens will have to make some money choices based on the cap. In that situation Chabot could be the guy to go as he has no NMC for the next two seasons. It's a possibility.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Let's say the Sens get a guy like Chychrun and Sanderson looks like he is going to be an all-star Dman. Also Pinto develops into a solid NHLer. The Sens will have to make some money choices based on the cap. In that situation Chabot could be the guy to go as he has no NMC for the next two seasons. It's a possibility.
sure

just not in the next 2 years.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I don’t think we would trade assets for Chychrun so we could trade Chabot. I would prefer to just keep Chabot and pass on giving up the cost to get him.

Doesn’t make sense to me.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why would we need Chychrun when Sanderson looks like he is going to be the better player already in his first NHL game? I think they need a 3rd pairing defensive RD more than they need another PMD. Both Holden & Hamonic are in their UFA yr as is Zub although I think they will re-sign him. JBD & Thomson are both waiting for their opportunity, but I wouldn't call either a shutdown D. JBD is probably the better defensive D & Thomson the better offensive D, I don't see either moving the needle much. This team should be able to score plenty of goals, but they will need to prevent goals too & they don't seem to have the D yet to do that.

Reactions: Frank8 and Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He looks great for his first game, and it seems to coincide with Bran looking pretty darn good all of a sudden as well.

With some time our D will shake out and we’ll likely be looking at wanting to add a different type of player.

Now more than ever I’m seeing a need for a guy like Kleven to come in and play with Branstrom. On paper that looks like a good pairing.

Reactions: aragorn

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I don’t think we would trade assets for Chychrun so we could trade Chabot. I would prefer to just keep Chabot and pass on giving up the cost to get him.

Five years of Chabot at 8M vs two years of Chychrun at 4.6M.

It's a pretty big no brainer considering Chychrun might not even be worth his 4.6M at this point.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Crazy that we could have half of UND’s defence playing for our team soon, and with Pinto added, a full 4 players who all played together in college.

Reactions: aragorn

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
the-warriors-the-best.gif

Ya I was surprised how he took charge, thought he'd be more passive and less noticeable, but he was all over the ice at both ends. What a player he will likely become.
My thoughts exactly. Figured he'd play a cautious game but he was jumping up into the play with frequency and ease.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

We could use one more Chabot, let alone give away the one we have.
As I indicated it could be a POTENTIAL move because of money/cap. Including paying Sanderson in a few years if develops into #1 Dman.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Not that I'm saying we should or shouldn't trade Chabot if Sanderson becomes better than him and we end up in cap crunch. Its fun to think about the haul we could get. Probably a first rounder, a decent prospect and a roster player that is immediately serviceable. Would be a great predicament to have

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad