Player Discussion Jake Sanderson (D) PART 3

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He's a freak athlete and a gym rat, I don't think it will be too much of an issue tbh.

No harm in having him spend a few games watching from the press box during the season. I'd say a 75-game regular season would be a good projection (knock on wood he's 100% healthy all year).

Starts off with great body position to get/protect the puck, then great footwork, and tops it off with giving himself enough time and space to make an excellent outlet pass. Got to love it.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
God I am so ready for more childproof, paint by numbers, simple and effective defending.

No more Mr Toad's wild ride please.

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
Don't know that I'd call a floating backhand pizza to the center of the ice a "formidable break out pass".
But if it works, it works.

That account is pure hyperbole. It'll be like, "Jarventie blows up defenseman, steals puck from his corpse, dekes out remaining skaters and goes back-hand top shelf", and the vid is of Jarventie dumping it in and changing.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Forgive me if it's been answered (I didn't want to read through all 13 pages), but can anyone explain why Sanderson's contract didn't "slide" like Greig's for example? A year of Sanderson's ELC has been burned despite not playing a NHL game yet.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Forgive me if it's been answered (I didn't want to read through all 13 pages), but can anyone explain why Sanderson's contract didn't "slide" like Greig's for example? A year of Sanderson's ELC has been burned despite not playing a NHL game yet.

He signed his ELC in his 20 year old year so no slide.

Reactions: KevinRedkey

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Bless your heart

Lol, don't take my opinion for it.

He was voted 3rd best prospect in all of hockey by HF.

Bless their collective heart:

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
His skating is smooth af. He went deep a few times and was able to get back in time to cover his man. I hope his skating can get even better, almost Makar/EK level. Seeing Makar break someone's ankles today with skating alone makes me want that from Sanderson

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Sanderson’s elite ability is using his legs to control games - we saw the first glimpses of that tongiht and you could see him gaining confidence as the game progressed.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sanderson plays every game like last night and he wins calder. Like I said before, he's even better than what he's shown. By December he will be unanimously considered top 4 D league wide and considered a top pairing D man by season's end.

He obviously needs to adjust to the NHL but watching this guy skate is awesome.

Have no idea what you're talking about. Played like a top 4 at minimum and was our best D.

Last edited:
Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Sanderson plays every game like last night and he wins calder. Like I said before, he's even better than what he's shown. By December he will be unanimously considered top 4 D league wide and considered a top pairing D man by season's end.

Have no idea what you're talking about. Played like a top 4 at minimum and was our best D.
He rushed several plays and made a couple questionable reads. Played a nice game overall but is obviously just getting started in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad