Proposal: Jacob Chychrun to New York Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
It is your opinion, not fact, and I disagree
Strome is a nice player, productive on offense. He is not a superior/elite level player.

More mins to others and room for Kravtsov > Strome, not even counting swag returned in trade

I see it as fact, and will be proven correct once again when he is not traded.

Saying Krav is better than Strome, who is on pace for 60 points is laughable.

Also they don't play the same position at the NHL level.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
worth more than a 3rd, esp if retained, extra esp if retained 2x

And eff the roster, more like a guy or 2. The club comes first for the fans, not the other way around.

Yea fans are dying for a second/third round pick rather than the best possible team in the playoffs. Its hilarious how out of touch you are with both how casual and hardcore fans think.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Very obvious attempt by one of a few salty Devils fans making Rangers trade proposals that are over the top to get Rangers fans to shoot it down so other teams' fans will enforce the narrative that Rangers fans are stingy and refuse to offer any of their prospects. This one is so over the top that people are catching on.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Very obvious attempt by one of a few salty Devils fans making Rangers trade proposals that are over the top to get Rangers fans to shoot it down so other teams' fans will enforce the narrative that Rangers fans are stingy and refuse to offer any of their prospects. This one is so over the top that people are catching on.

We need to come up with an equally bad Devils trade proposal.

Last edited:
Reactions: doming07

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Its a very strong possibility if strome has a bad playoff/rest of the year, they do move on from him.
However you’re absolutely right about not blowing up their Roster to get Chycrun so he can play middle pair with trouba.
The way Chycrun would be deployed for NYR, it’s not worth the assets to get him, nor would he be a giant upgrade on miller when both are getting 3/4 minutes with trouba and no PP time.
You keep Miller, whose bigger, faster, and cheaper and progressing just fine.
Its not like Miller has hit his absolute best already.

This ^ is short term. Zib + Fx $$ next year is fact, not opinion. Upgrading Lindy into Chych AND getting Chych max retained for even less than Lindy's 3m is signif when cap is that tight until Trouba moved,

Must be done only w/pieces I specified.

Chych would replace Lindgren and be paired w/Fox. So KAM remains w/JT

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Stop trying to get rid of Lindgren. The kid is a heart and soul player. Analytics are not going to show you the hole you make in the locker room.

You are ignoring reality that Lindgren likely needs to be moved this off season b'c no other way to raise $$ to have even minimal scratch for LaF + Kakko stopgap for 1-2 yrs til Trouba $ can be repurposed,

Chych is maybe available now. On paper improves D now.
Not as likely to be available post season.

Agree Lindgren is true heart and soul piece of this team, not just popular guy like Strome who is good offensively but w/holes in his game. Howev, we have made our bed w/Fox [no brainer] and Zib [small brainer] and we have to lie in it. We can't keep him unless we are prepared to let LaF + KK + walk, likely in unfavorable deals as we would have little to no leverage, and the entire league will know it.

Don't shoot the messenger for speaking the truth

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
You are ignoring reality that Lindgren likely needs to be moved this off season b'c no other way to raise $$ to have even minimal scratch for LaF + Kakko stopgap for 1-2 yrs til Trouba $ can be repurposed,

Agree Lindgren is true heart and soul piece of this team, not just popular guy like Strome who is good offensively but w/holes in his game. Howev, we have made our bed w/Fox [no brainer] and Zib [small brainer] and we have to lie in it. We can't keep him unless we are prepared to let LaF + KK + walk, likely in unfavorable deals as we would have little to no leverage, and the entire league will know it.

Nemeth, Chytil, Georgiev, Strome are all long gone before Lindgren

Lindgren is here for long haul

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
This ^ is short term. Zib + Fx $$ next year is fact, not opinion. Upgrading Lindy into Chych AND getting Chych max retained for even less than Lindy's 3m is signif when cap is that tight until Trouba moved,

AZ will get better offers.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

Management isnt going to trade a top 6 C and top pair D during a playoff run. The sooner you accept this reality the better off youll be.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018

Bern you can't tell me we have to get rid of Lindgren for cap issues and then tell me we add Chychrun. Save that garbage. This isn't a video game. If you want to tell me someone eventually surpasses him as Fox's partner on the first pair, fine. But we don't need to add a guy who makes twice as much. That's not truth. That's your opinion.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

Chycrun-Fox wouldn’t be a good pairing at all.
Neither are overly physical. Both have similar strengths/ styles ( Fox is obviously better)
The reason Lindgren -Fox works so well isn’t just their chemistry from playing together, lindgren adds to the pair what Fox lacks and welcomes a more defensive role, while still be mobile enough, and not terrible at moving the puck.
The odds of the rangers breaking up a 23-24 year old proven 1st pair, is next to 0.
I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if lindgren get 1 more contract from the rangers when the cap goes up.

so your still left with a Chycrun-Trouba 2nd pair.....
The assets it would cost to get him and how he’ll be deployed here don’t add up...
He’s not that big difference from miller right now defensively to justify that move.
Miller also continues to get better in every aspect since coming straight from college to playing 20 min a night on 2nd pair.
It’s just not going to happen, and shouldn’t. Not if your commuting to making your kids better on the backend.

Last edited:

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Neither are overly physical. Both have similar strengths/ styles ( Fox is obviously better)
The reason Lindgren -Fox works so well isn’t just their chemistry from playing together, lindgren adds to the pair what Fox lacks and welcomes a more defensive role, while still be mobile enough, and not terrible at moving the puck.
The odds of the rangers breaking up a 23-24 year old proven 1st pair, is next to 0.
I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if lindgren get 1 more contract from the rangers when the cap goes up.

The assets it would cost to get him and how he’ll be deployed here don’t add up...
He’s not that big difference from miller right now defensively to justify that move.
Miller also continues to get better in every aspect since coming straight from college to playing 20 min a night on 2nd pair.
It’s just not going to happen, and shouldn’t. Not if your commuting to making your kids better on the backend.
Ironically, I feel like this push to get Chychrun reminds me exactly of the push to get Trouba. The guy is hyped as a do it all guy who people think is going to fix everything and like Trouba, would have to be extraordinary to live up to the hype. I agree, not worth the assets it's gonna take. We have a bunch of young dmen coming up and someone will come in and do the job for a fraction of the cost.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Ironically, I feel like this push to get Chychrun reminds me exactly of the push to get Trouba. The guy is hyped as a do it all guy who people think is going to fix everything and like Trouba, would have to be extraordinary to live up to the hype. I agree, not worth the assets it's gonna take. We have a bunch of young dmen coming up and someone will come in and do the job for a fraction of the cost.

Trouba was necessary because we had no big physical minute eating D.
With Fox/Jones/Miller/Lundkvist
Adding Chycrun is just not needed

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It is your opinion, not fact, and I disagree
Strome is a nice player, productive on offense. He is not a superior/elite level player.

More mins to others and room for Kravtsov > Strome, not even counting swag returned in trade
"Kravtsov, you're up next!" *Gallant looking up and down the bench* "Kravtsov? Kravtsov? KRAVTSOV!!!" Last I checked, he's nowhere to be found on the bench

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Nemeth, Chytil, Georgiev, Strome are all long gone before Lindgren

Lindgren is here for long haul
all 4 except Chytil (set aside any other aspect needed to replace Strome) are gone JUST ONLY to cover Zib + Fox $$
No one else can be dealt and they need $ to at least thow stopgap chump change at LaF, KK

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Management isnt going to trade a top 6 C and top pair D during a playoff run. The sooner you accept this reality the better off youll be.
it would still be a mistake
Chych = even better D
replacing Strome w/players who offer mo upside, better overall game is smart move; get rid of this crutch

sooner Drury accepts this reality the better off NYR will be

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

1 --- respectfully, premise is faulty
per CF, Chych is bigger than Lindy, does not play like a creampuff, and is a better skater
Chychrun-Fox can be real

2 --- I specified only at assets I specified; doable, worth it if Chych retained

3 --- Increases commitment to Nils + Robertson [possibly Schneider lite].

Also, if other D prospects emerge, Chych is the kind of guy who can get a higher level C back, esp if he is retained. He has no trade protection

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad