Prospect Info: Jacob Bernard-Docker (D) 3 year ELC signed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I’m pulling for the kid, sometimes D take longer, and if JBD is starting to figure out a role then we’ll have ourselves a player in a mold that we actually really need.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Weird take. JBD was pretty good today, not sure what you were seeing.

We don't need offense from him, we need just a steady 18-20 minutes of D from him.

Attachments

• stat.PNG
    stat.PNG
    53.5 KB · Views: 9

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I thought he played solid tonight but it’s funny that almost every game he plays theres a goal against where he’s sliding past the goal scorer while on his knees lol
That’s happened at least 3 times. He goes to a knee, blocks the shot, rebound is there for the opposition to fire it home. Those are more on the other players on the ice than it is on him.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The problem with these charts is they don't focus on what the player did, but what happened when they were on the ice, with the exception of the production portion. What JBD did on the ice was mostly good (his partner Chychrun was a disaster), but he happened to be on the ice a lot when the 5 man group performed poorly. He led the team in hits with 3, two of which were shift changing in a positive manner, killing off a Det an entry with the first and significantly disrupting a second, leading to Det taking a penalty out of frustration. He was second on the team in blocks too. No giveaways either.

It was definitely a good game from him, lots to like, and while there are still some things to clean up, that's to be expected when you're giving a callup top 4 mins.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
My comparison with Josh Gorges is starting to make more and more sense. JBD is a "survival" D-man at this level, he doesn't have the skating, skill and strength to be more than that but it's ok, you need a bit of everything on a hockey team. He's pretty good at getting in shot lane and disrupting plays. I see no problem if he's your 6th D-man as of now. He might even end up as a #4 or #5 in his peak.

Hamonic is still useful but he shouldn’t be a roster lock anymore. Rotate him in and out. He’s a big boy, he can take it.

Hamonic has the 4th highest xGA/60 (3.92) among 201 D-men with at least 100 minutes at ES. Worse are : Josh Brown, Matthew Benning, Mike Matheson, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Dougie Hamilton, Victor Hedman and Ilya Lyubushkin

The 2nd worst on the Sens is Jacob Bernard-Docker at 44th worst with 3.15

What is crazy is that Brannstrom has the 55th best with 2.45 xGA/60 DESPITE being stuck with Hamonic 50% of the time... Poor Branny always stuck with the Josh Browns, Nick Holdens (declined version) and Travis Hamonics.

His game is coming along pretty well. Id hope/think he has passed Hamonic on the depth chart. He seems to be getting comfortable and settling into his role. Physicality is improving with his confidence. Its good news all around.

I hope next game Kleven is in and Hamonic is out. He's struggling right now.

Not talking about now as I doubt the 2nd pair would work in DJ's systems but it makes me wonder if a new coaching staff would consider :

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Brannstrom
Chychrun - JBD

You always have one of the big 3 on the ice : massive advantage. Chychrun would get his additional TOI on special units and various game situations. Chabot would have smarter regulated minutes exploiting his strengths and Brannstrom is quite reliable and consistent so that would help him settle down. Him and Brann are both pretty good a quick puck recoveries and transition, I think it would work well in a different system with better puck support from forwards

Last edited:

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
I'm a fan of this guy and what value he brings to our team. We need exactly what he is turning into. A steady defensive minded guy, to eat minutes, and keep things simple and reliable. He won't need be paid massively so is cap friendly as well.

We drafted a good one here.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Very, very lite. He’s giving up about 50 pounds.
He looks like he's put on some muscle though. He looks bigger than Jake the Snake. What I like is that he seems to be holding onto the puck more. He is more effective when he holds onto the puck.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Hamonic is getting destroyed out there. I'd have this when Chabot & Brannstrom come back :

Sanderson - Chabot
Chychrun - JBD
Brannstrom - Zub
How are we going to deal with the cap ceiling issue with both JBD and Hamonic on the roster?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
We're stuck with Hamonic, one of the very last gifts from the guy on the left

Have an extra D-man instead of having an extra forward?
For you need waivers when you are brought up as injury replacement?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad