Prospect Info: Jacob Bernard-Docker (D) 3 year ELC signed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Have an extra D-man instead of having an extra forward?
Depending on how much Pinto signs for and who we keep in the lineup, we may need to play a couple weeks with a 20 man roster to fit JBD.

With Pinto at 900k we'd only have ~700k for a 21st roster player. That's keeping Kastelic, we could save 60k by keeping MacEwen over him.

Reactions: Cosmix and Xspyrit

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hamonic has been great this yr & was pretty good last yr with 21 pts for a defensive defenceman. He blocks a lot of shots, is the first guy over the boards for the PK & stands up for teammates all the time & has been great playing & mentoring Sanderson last yr & JBD & Brannstrom this yr. Brannstrom has been a lot better this yr playing with Hamonic. They could use a young Hamonic in the lineup for the future when his career is done.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Hamonic has been great this yr & was pretty good last yr with 21 pts for a defensive defenceman. He blocks a lot of shots, is the first guy over the boards for the PK & stands up for teammates all the time & has been great playing & mnetoring Sanderson last yr & JBD & Brannstrom this yr. Brannstrom has been a lot better this yr playing with Hamonic. They could use a young Hamonic in the lineup for the future when his career is done.

Among 179 D-men with at least 150 ES minutes...

8th worst CA/60 in the league (behind Vlasic, Gudbranson, etc)
2nd worst SA/60 in the league (behind M-E Vlasic)
8th worst xGA/60 in the league (behind Matheson, Vlasic, etc)

The ice is heavily TILTED the wrong way when Hamonic is on the ice. Brannstrom metrics without Hamonic seem fantastic because there's a huge difference and he played 50% of his ES ice-time with Hamonic, which objectively DRAGS down Brannstrom

I like him but he hurts the team when he is on the ice

For you need waivers when you are brought up as injury replacement?

Emergency loan? I don't think so but not sure, would need to check

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Hamonic has been great this yr & was pretty good last yr with 21 pts for a defensive defenceman. He blocks a lot of shots, is the first guy over the boards for the PK & stands up for teammates all the time & has been great playing & mnetoring Sanderson last yr & JBD & Brannstrom this yr. Brannstrom has been a lot better this yr playing with Hamonic. They could use a young Hamonic in the lineup for the future when his career is done.
Who has he stood up for, in all his time here?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

The ice is heavily TILTED the wrong way when Hamonic is on the ice. Brannstrom metrics without Hamonic seem fantastic because there's a huge difference and he played 50% of his ES ice-time with Hamonic, which objectively DRAGS down Brannstrom

Hamonic isn't really hurting us. Do you see a lot of goals where you attribute the goal to Hamonic? He got burned a few games ago at the O blue line but every D man gets caught flat footed now and again.

He hits people. He blocks shots. He doesn't cough up the puck. He's fine in a limited which is what he's in.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Hamonic isn't really hurting us. Do you see a lot of goals where you attribute the goal to Hamonic? He got burned a few games ago at the O blue line but every D man gets caught flat footed now and again.

He hits people. He blocks shots. He doesn't cough up the puck. He's fine in a limited which is what he's in.
I think you need at least one veteran like him (not necessarily himself) to help calm things down on/off ice. He might not be best at that but I do believe he helps.
He’s not bad. Not great but…

Last edited:

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Brannstrom is one, he got drilled by McGinn last year and Hamonic went after him.

He doesn't fight a lot these days but he definitely is involved in post whistle scrums.
Norris fought once too..... Everybody is involved in post whistle scrums execpt Matthews.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

He was never meant to play top 4 , hell even top pairing minutes for a bit, and this has skewed his performance. As a bottom pairing player, his numbers will improve

A great trip for JBD here, and I think he can really build on this for his career

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Hamonic has been everything the Sens have asked him to be. Not sure why people are crapping on him? He was brought in to be a 5-7 Dman and help younger players learn. He's great for that.
He gets into trouble when he's forced up too high in the depth chart. Otherwise, he's actually been very dependable in his time here.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I think Hamonic was great on the bottom pairing, it was that stretch he had to move up that looked ugly, which is to be expected. I also agree JBD would get claimed, so it'll be interesting to see what they do.

Reactions: aragorn

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
You're creating a false assumption that you can only stand up for your teammates by fighting.
Going by what you're saying, every player stands up for thier teammates. Using that as a defining characteristic for Hamonic is kind useless then.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Going by what you're saying, every player stands up for thier teammates. Using that as a defining characteristic for Hamonic is kind useless then.
No, going by what I say, fighting isn't the only way to stand up for your teammates, not really a hard concept. For example, the idea of teams having a pack mentality is typically seen as the gold standard, but doesn't mean everyone on the team is dropping the gloves, it does mean that everybody stands up for one another. Hamonic stands up for him linemates in that sense, he's the guy that gets right in there the put himself between the aggressor and his teammates. He's also the type that will drop the gloves in the right circumstances but isn't relied on for that.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
No, going by what I say, fighting isn't the only way to stand up for your teammates, not really a hard concept. For example, the idea of teams having a pack mentality is typically seen as the gold standard, but doesn't mean everyone on the team is dropping the gloves, it does mean that everybody stands up for one another. Hamonic stands up for him linemates in that sense, he's the guy that gets right in there the put himself between the aggressor and his teammates. He's also the type that will drop the gloves in the right circumstances but isn't relied on for that.
Yeah he’s one of the guys who is always right in the mix when one of the young D get pushed and shoved or slashed after the whistle.

It’s pretty plain to see that he’s a protective papa over the kids, as he does it every single time. Not every player does this like it’s their job, but he does.

We don’t have to make a huge deal about it on the one hand, but he definitely makes a point of protecting and supporting his charges physically after the whistle, every single time.

As the young D have mentioned to us several times, there is high value in that personally, and as a team. He’s a beloved glue guy veteran. Watson was kind of like that as a forward as well.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He was never meant to play top 4 , hell even top pairing minutes for a bit, and this has skewed his performance. As a bottom pairing player, his numbers will improve

A great trip for JBD here, and I think he can really build on this for his career
JBD seems to be improving , particularly with his two hits. If he keeps doing that, it will keep him on the team. If not he will have to contribute in another way.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I was replying to aragorn. When aragorn says "stands up for his teammates" we all know what that means. The example you are giving can be applied to Stutzle as well. He gets in there all the time! I like Hamonic as a 6/7 D and have no doubt the guys like and respect him, but let's not glorify his roll here.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I was replying to aragorn. When aragorn says "stands up for his teammates" we all know what that means. The example you are giving can be applied to Stutzle as well. He gets in there all the time! I like Hamonic as a 6/7 D and have no doubt the guys like and respect him, but let's not glorify his roll here.
Stu definitely does NOT get in there every time. He is a guy that draws the guys who get in there every time because he is aggressive, but not tough.

His roll doesn’t need to be glorified, you’re right, but he is absolutely one of two guys who are always first into the scrums to protect/support their teammates. The other is Brady. Joseph and Zub are secondary physical players in that way, and oddly Tank likes to mix it up.

Big guys that aren’t keen to get involved but will if needed are guys like Chychrun, and Batherson.

It’s plain to see when you watch games. The guys who are in it right away every time are very valuable to their teammates.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hamonic is the guy that puts himself in there to get Stu out of that situation, it's fine, you don't like Hamonic it seems, but he's absolutely the type of guy that stands up for his teammates, he's always been that. He's not looking for fights, but will when needed, the same way Mike Fisher would. Once maybe twice a season.

Nobody is saying he's an enforcer, or glorifying his role, but acknowledging the things he does. On the flip side, you're doing a fine job with the false equivalencies, saying Stützle or Norris stands up for his teammates the same way Hamonic does.

Reactions: aragorn and Loach

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Well, Sens give up the 8th most scoring chances when he is on the ice. Over time, it tends to end up in goals against.

Yeah his metrics probably went down a lot while there was the D injuries, I'm ok with him as the 6th/7th D

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad