Player Discussion Jack Quinn, RW (8th overall, 2020): Named AHL Rookie of the Year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Right now I am thinking that it's the calling up he trade deadline that is holding back the Sabres from Quinn, Peterka and Krebs up for regular roster spots.

The only way to have these guys occupy regular roster spots right now is to waive some players. With the TDL approaching, I am guessing that Adams will be active and there are a number of Sabres who could draw interest - given the Covid situation, taxi squads, and the playoffs.

I believe that Eakins, Hinostroza, Hayden, Jankowski, and maybe even Bjork might draw some interest from other teams from among the forward ranks. But until then, I think the only way Quinn et. el will see AHL action is due to emergency recall. After the TDL, I think that these guys will get a chance to play regularly for the Sabres and then the Amerks again in the playoffs

member 334057

I'm torn on bringing him up. While he has absolutely earned it and could really gain a good amount of experience this season i also think he could potentially have a much easier time doing so next season along with Samuelsson and JJ. Seems like he's really bonded with his teammates there in Rochester, and i just imagine they would all be extremely pumped to all be on the big club together pushing each other which could also really keep the motivation and culture in that locker room in a good place. Also for purely selfish reasons i think he could have a decent shot at a Calder if he plays a full season, but that's just a selfish thing for me personally.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I forgot how many games Jack missed but this looks really nice now. Hard to ignore.

screen-shot-2022-01-15-at-11-58-08-pm-png.498900

Last edited:

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I know this is hard to believe, but I was not on the Quinn hype train.

Same. Not because it was Quinn, because I knew he was a very good player, but because it wasn’t Rossi.

It was like this past draft, where my top 3 forwards were Beniers, McTavish and Svechkov. It’d be like taking McTavish over Beniers. Good pick but not the preferred one.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
How was the quality of competition? I saw a tweet the other day from someone who covers the Sabres that Quinn should stay up since they didn't think the quality of competition, especially ECHL goalies, is not that good right now in the AHL.

SabresNorth

Nov 6, 2021
He's on an NHL contract. He's not going to the Olympics.

Went back and saw the correction tweets to those early lists.. That's really disappointing, I thought he was good to go... In that case yeah let's give him a half dozen games here at least.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How was the quality of competition? I saw a tweet the other day from someone who covers the Sabres that Quinn should stay up since they didn't think the quality of competition, especially ECHL goalies, is not that good right now in the AHL.

I saw that complaint too. Both of the Sens goalies are pros. Sogaard is still a quality prospect and Gustavsson is very much an AHL player, not an ECHLer. The guy playing for the Comets the other night, sure, and the Comets are going through their own COVID and recall issues... but they're still the top team in the AHL.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia

Wait a minute. So, if the goalies in the AHL right now aren't that good, Then Quinn is getting an advantage, and benefitting from lesser quality goalies. How does having him up with the big club with pro goalies benefit him? He's likely not going to get 8 pts in 2 games against NHL goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad