Player Discussion Jack Quinn, RW (8th overall, 2020): Named AHL Rookie of the Year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Nice first game for this kid. So far, he's been the most impressive of the prospects in his first game IMO. I have high hopes for he and Peterka.

Quinn's postgame interview was really impressive. Sounds like a confident and smart kid, but also sounds like a pro who analyzes the game well and will learn from mistakes and be better.

If anyone is going to be a top line winger from their current stable, it's him in my eyes. Really could use some good wingers for this team.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Nice first game for this kid. So far, he's been the most impressive of the prospects in his first game IMO. I have high hopes for he and Peterka.

Quinn's postgame interview was really impressive. Sounds like a confident and smart kid, but also sounds like a pro who analyzes the game well and will learn from mistakes and be better.

If anyone is going to be a top line winger from their current stable, it's him in my eyes. Really could use some good wingers for this team.

Yeah, he's a mature kid with a lot of skill and character. Seems to be cut from the same cloth as Power in that regard - these dudes are serious students of hockey.

Reactions: joshjull

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021

Which centers to push to the wing because we're overloaded with centers is a "problem" I'm looking forward to.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Sabres' Jack Quinn has plenty of 'cool' moments in NHL debut despite loss to Lightning

Jack Quinn was going to be smiling anyway, but his friends made sure of it.

As the Sabres’ top forward prospect walked out of the dressing room for his NHL debut Tuesday, he spotted Mattias Samuelsson and Ryan Scarfo across the glistening ice. Quinn’s teammates down in Rochester were wearing his Amerks jerseys backward, so “Quinn 22” stared at the winger. As if that wasn’t conspicuous enough, Samuelsson and Scarfo pounded on the glass to celebrate Quinn’s arrival.

The traditional solo lap for rookies can often be stressful or reflective, but this one was simply a party.

“I was just trying to enjoy it,” Quinn said in KeyBank Center. “I was obviously laughing that my buddies were on the glass there. That was a pretty cool moment.”

It wasn’t the only one.

This is a good sign for the type of culture that Adams and company are trying to build both in Buffalo and in Rochester.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Okay, listening to The Instigators Overtime and while the moment came up about the Amerks guys coming up to support Quinn and Duffer has a story that just before returning from mono, when the Amerks played in Hartford, Quinn showed up wearing a Ryan Scarfo jersey from prep school (The Governor's Academy) and declared Scarfo would score... and Ryan did.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Okay, listening to The Instigators Overtime and while the moment came up about the Amerks guys coming up to support Quinn and Duffer has a story that just before returning from mono, when the Amerks played in Hartford, Quinn showed up wearing a Ryan Scarfo jersey from prep school (The Governor's Academy) and declared Scarfo would score... and Ryan did.

That reminded me of when Kyle Harrison wore Joe Walters' HS hoodie as his pre-game fit this year:

And the three amigos Halloween pic was pretty good:

Last edited:

member 334057

Quinn is gonna be a superstar if he carries this play in the NHL. He looked really good defensively and was in the right spot to find the puck alot in his first NHL game.
He also seems to elevate his linemates as well. Mersh has looked and produced better when he's played with Jack.

Reactions: Sabre the Win

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Quinn is gonna be a superstar if he carries this play in the NHL. He looked really good defensively and was in the right spot to find the puck alot in his first NHL game.
He has that "it" factor where he just knows where to be at all times, similar to Kucherov.

Reactions: Sabre the Win

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
At some point the AHL production should be a sign that he should be up in the NHL there he looks too good for the AHL.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Honestly the 9 game contract slide shouldn't be a concern at this point. It might be best to call him up again while he's red hot and see how he does.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
At some point the AHL production should be a sign that he should be up in the NHL there he looks too good for the AHL.
It’s tough because half the season is already over in a hopeless year and he’s still eligible to slide unlike Krebs. He could come in next year with sky high confidence and a much better supporting cast instead of losing this year so I’m torn personally. He obviously deserves it tho, so I wouldn’t be mad either way.

Reactions: Team Cozens

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It’s tough because half the season is already over in a hopeless year and he’s still eligible to slide unlike Krebs. He could come in next year with sky high confidence and a much better supporting cast instead of losing this year so I’m torn personally. He obviously deserves it tho, so I wouldn’t be mad either way.

He's really driven. The 3-1-4 night was excellent and yet he also had a surprising check for Thomson that crumpled Lassi at the Sens blueline.

Torn right now as well. Is it an advantage to start removing the ballast to the lineup and plugging in the next generation of guys? It could be argued that it shows them willing to reward the work and performance for a change. And yes, there is protecting a year of eligibility and all that, but at this point that seems like weak reasoning if someone is tearing the AHL apart.

SabresNorth

Nov 6, 2021
He's really driven. The 3-1-4 night was excellent and yet he also had a surprising check for Thomson that crumpled Lassi at the Sens blueline.

Torn right now as well. Is it an advantage to start removing the ballast to the lineup and plugging in the next generation of guys? It could be argued that it shows them willing to reward the work and performance for a change. And yes, there is protecting a year of eligibility and all that, but at this point that seems like weak reasoning if someone is tearing the AHL apart.

The only reason I see to keep him down is to give him a shot at the Olympics. I think he has a pretty legit chance and it would be a great experience. He would probably really appreciate it in the long run as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad