Player Discussion Jack Quinn, RW (8th overall, 2020): Named AHL Rookie of the Year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sabres goalie Dustin Tokarski rejoins team for first time since bout with Covid-19

Winger Jack Quinn, a first-round pick of the Sabres in 2020, remains out while recovering from mono, but he has returned to Rochester to resume work around the Amerks’ staff. Quinn, 20, went home to the Ottawa area for the holiday break. His return does not sound imminent.
“He was sick, not Covid, but lost a fair bit of weight, which Jack I was teasing him he doesn’t have the weight to lose right now,” Adams said. “We got him home for a little break while the team was off and get some homecooked meals. But he’s doing well, feeling much better. He’s not back yet, but it was too bad for him just at the time of when he got sick there, he was leading the league in scoring. He was, to me, maturing in his game where he was a difference-maker almost every time he was on the ice.”

Hopefully they don't rush him until he's 100%.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Theoretically there is a risk of spleen rupture from contact sports following mono. The spleen gets uniquely enlarged during mono versus other similar illnesses for some reason. I've seen recommendations on avoiding contact for as long as six months but most people seem to think it's more like a few weeks to a month now. He's a pro athlete so they can probably just do serial ultrasounds to measure the size of his spleen easy enough to determine risk of rupture but worth keeping in mind he might be better from a mono symptom standpoint but still out for this reason

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Jack Quinn skating on his own and shooting on goalies before practice. Not heavy exercise. He has gained his weight back.

(Coach Appert video posted in Rochester thread)

Reactions: 1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wonder if they know their website is insecure and how easy it would be to hack into their wifi and steal all their member info? :laugh:

The irony is thick:

Oviinbyrd Golf Club | All Square Golf

Another of the courses in and around the resort area of Muskoka some ways outside of Toronto, the Oviinbyrd is the brainchild of technology tycoon Peter Schwartz, whose aim was to build a private club that welcomes members, of which there are fewer than two hundred, with a cozy clubhouse and superb meals.

:lol:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Good on Quinn for dropping the gloves......but oooooof, that outcome.

I mean, he went toe to toe with a real face-puncher of a hockey player. I love the enthusiasm, but I sure hope he doesn't make a habit of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad