Proposal: Jack Eichel to Anaheim 4 Fair Value

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Injury or no injury, you don't get to cross prospects off the "available" list when the trade target is a 24 year old franchise center with 355 points in 375 games.

Lemme fix that for you...: "You don't get to cross prospects off the "available" list when the trade target is a healthy 24 year old franchise center with 355 points in 375 games. Likewise, you don't get to play the "injury or no injury" card when it's the biggest variable in the whole deck..."

If you seriously think that every GM out there isn't factoring in his injury status & the absolute unknown if he's going to come back completely, wind up in a wheelchair after one hard hit, or every scenario in between those two extremes, into any offer they may be considering... well, yeah

Buffalo is free to ask whatever they want. Similarly every other GM is free to offer whatever they want. 'If' a trade can be worked out before Jack has some sort of surgery & plays enough to prove he's healed & still elite, don't be too surprised when Buffalo has to take a heavily discounted offer.

I hope for his sake that he does get his neck fixed & comes all the way back. But unless/until he does, no team is going to gut their future (a team in a 'win now' mode) for a player that might not be able to contribute. Similarly a team that's not ready to make a deep playoff run (such as the Ducks) would be fools to gut their future for a very expensive player (and we'll be nice and assume he's healthy here) when they aren't ready to compete until the final year or two of his contract.

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
seems like alot of people dont know who dostal is in this thread, he was the best u20 liiga goalie in recent memory had comparable 19 y/o season to saros on a bad ilves team. at one point he was the best young goalie outside of the USA. plus someone said ukka and portillo was better than dostal and that is simply not true. this package for eichel isnt crazy though.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
  • Love Mactavish - I'd be. asking for him for sure.
  • '22 1st is almost a must - no worries about a protected top 3 here, but IMO Ducks will be much stronger next year without Eichel and now add Eichel I think in that division they are in the playoff conversation. It isn't a given that it will be a top 10 pick - what if I am correct and they do challenge for a spot and say the pick is now 15 or 20 OA - not bad in such a deep draft, but this weakens the package.
  • I like the Rackell add and I agree he can net at least what LA got for Toffoli - solid prospect (like Madden) and a 2nd and at the most another 1st rounder.
  • Jackson LaCombe nice prospect, but Sabres have Power, Samuelson, Johnson all who play LD not to mention Dahlin and Bryson (who also has looked pretty good and he is young).
  • Tracey? Another area where the Sabres have a strong prospect pool of Wingers - Quinn, JPP, Rosen, Poltapov- IMO, are all much brighter and stronger prospects than Tracey.
  • Sabres have 2 equivalent G prospects in Portillo and UPL, so no need for Dostal.
IMO, this is where your OP gets lost by adding in prospects like LaCombe, Tracey, and Dostal, which obscures the value of the package.

IMO, I want Drysdale and MacTavish with '22 #1 and then I would counter to take on Henrique and ease $ and cap for the next 3 years... I also may want someone like Max Jones to round out everything. Ducks keep Rackell and if they do suck, then they can trade Rackell and get a 1st back in '22.
The Sabres shouldn’t be saying no to talent no matter what position. “Strong” is a strong word to describe any of their depth at any position, prospect or in the NHL. Get the talent develop it and trade any positions of strength for a position of weakness as the team develops.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I don’t hate it but if eichel is getting surgery, no way a team in Anaheim position can move that unprotected 1st.

unless you meant 2023 1st unprotected

to me zegras drysdale and unprotected 1st(22) can’t be moved…. At the same time I don’t think any team is offering any pieces better than those 3.

No team can give up an unprotected 1st in 2022 in an Eichel deal. The player still needs surgery and a recovery period. Too much risk.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That’s fair, and normally I’d agree with you but under the circumstances it’s very much a ‘buyer beware’ situation.

So much uncertainty regarding his long term health that I’m not surprised teams are reluctant to pay a premium for a player that under normal circumstances would absolutely be worth it. Far more risk with this one than most others.

Lemme fix that for you...: "You don't get to cross prospects off the "available" list when the trade target is a healthy 24 year old franchise center with 355 points in 375 games. Likewise, you don't get to play the "injury or no injury" card when it's the biggest variable in the whole deck..."

Nah.

You see, the neck issue is the only reason a trade's being entertained at all.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
:sabres

F, Mason McTavish
F, Richard Rakell
D, Jackson Lacombe/Henry Thru
F, Brayden Tracey/Sam Colangelo
G, Lukas Dostal
2022 1st top 3 protected

:ducks

F, Jack Eichel

McTavish+2022 1st is a good start.

Rackell as a salary evener we can flip for another future is fine

And I like Dostal

The other prospects aren't really that intriguing to me.

I think the ideal package would be:

Drysdale, McTavish, 2022 1st (top 3 protection) and two of Dostal/Lunderstrom/Perrault and any short term salary piece the ducks need to drop (not Henrique)

Yes, his inclusion would only make sense if Buffalo intended to flip him. If the Ducks retained 50%, the Sabres could do the same and get his cap hit down under 1M for the year. Rakell for under 1M would draw quite a bit of interest one would think.

When Buffalo moves Eichel, it needs salary to stay above the cap floor. So I doubt they'd want retention. They'd be able to flip Rackell easy enough, especially if he has a good contract year.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
seems like alot of people dont know who dostal is in this thread, he was the best u20 liiga goalie in recent memory had comparable 19 y/o season to saros on a bad ilves team. at one point he was the best young goalie outside of the USA. plus someone said ukka and portillo was better than dostal and that is simply not true. this package for eichel isnt crazy though.
Thank you for setting the record straight it’s amazing How under rated dostal is

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
McTavish+2022 1st is a good start.

Rackell as a salary evener we can flip for another future is fine

And I like Dostal

The other prospects aren't really that intriguing to me.

I think the ideal package would be:

Drysdale, McTavish, 2022 1st (top 3 protection) and two of Dostal/Lunderstrom/Perrault and any short term salary piece the ducks need to drop (not Henrique)

When Buffalo moves Eichel, it needs salary to stay above the cap floor. So I doubt they'd want retention. They'd be able to flip Rackell easy enough, especially if he has a good contract year.
3 top 10 picks? + dostal who is a top 10 goalie prospect, and perreault who is a pretty good winger prospect.

That’s a lot, not even sure a lot of teams could offer anything near what you suggested

I could go for
Mctavish
2022 1st(top 3 protection)
Perreault/Lundy
Dostal
2nd

maybe add a 3rd team to take manson or Rakell and add that 1st to the trade from Rakell/Manson and swap that in for the 2nd

Last edited:

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
3 top 10 picks? + dostal who is a top 10 goalie prospect, and perreault who is a pretty good winger prospect.

That’s a lot, not even sure a lot of teams could offer anything near what you suggested

I could go for
Mctavish
Perreault/Lundy
Dostal
2nd

maybe add a 3rd team to take manson or Rakell and add that 1st to the trade from Rakell/Manson and swap that in for the 2nd

Your top three protected pick is useless to the Sabres and nothing else in that deal even comes close to Eichels value

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Your top three protected pick is useless to the Sabres and nothing else in that deal even comes close to Eichels value
That’s fine, I’m all for Anaheim moving on from
Eichel idea… we’re much better off on the path we’re on

but I’m guessing your going to be pretty disappointed by what he returns

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
4th overall in 2022 = Right shooting 6'3 Dman Nemec. Slovakian Drysdale i heard.
I don't think the Ducks with Eichel with that package going back to Buffalo would even need protection on that pick. The highest it goes is probably #6 overall.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
That’s fine, I’m all for Anaheim moving on from
Eichel idea… we’re much better off on the path we’re on

but I’m guessing your going to be pretty disappointed by what he returns
Its probably gonna end up being something they really hate:
Guhle + Romanov + Carolina 1st & 3rd in 2022, Montreal 1st & 2nd in 2022.

Reactions: teddygmr

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
It’s pretty hypocritical how many untouchables Ducks fans are listing when Eichel would be far and away their best player. When you’re looking to trade for one of the best players in the NHL, you can’t approach the Sabres GM and be like “yeah I’m not moving any of A, B, C, D, or E. Maybe if you really twist my arm I’ll give you F”

Most teams could only list 1 or 2 assets that wouldn’t be available in an Eichel deal. A team like Anaheim should have everyone on the table since they don’t have a single player in Eichel’s realm.

Ducks (and a lot of other fanbases) fans love bringing up Eichel’s neck as a way to decrease the price, but I don’t think it impacts his value as much as fans would like to believe. There’s been no indication on why this surgery would impact the rest of his career or as to why he wouldn’t recover like 99.9% of professional athletes who undergo surgery.
Was Kucherovs value in the tank pre 2021 playoffs? No definitely not.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Its probably gonna end up being something they really hate:
Guhle + Romanov + Carolina 1st & 3rd in 2022, Montreal 1st & 2nd in 2022.

Adams could have sold him to low-ball offers a few times I suspect.. One thing that is plain as day is that Adam's will not be bent over on this deal, It's been reported many times..

Last edited:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It’s pretty hypocritical how many untouchables Ducks fans are listing when Eichel would be far and away their best player. When you’re looking to trade for one of the best players in the NHL, you can’t approach the Sabres GM and be like “yeah I’m not moving any of A, B, C, D, or E. Maybe if you really twist my arm I’ll give you F”

Most teams could only list 1 or 2 assets that wouldn’t be available in an Eichel deal. A team like Anaheim should have everyone on the table since they don’t have a single player in Eichel’s realm.

Ducks (and a lot of other fanbases) fans love bringing up Eichel’s neck as a way to decrease the price, but I don’t think it impacts his value as much as fans would like to believe. There’s been no indication on why this surgery would impact the rest of his career or as to why he wouldn’t recover like 99.9% of professional athletes who undergo surgery.
The teams with capspace for Eichel are in no rush or hurry to trade for Eichel, its not a priority for them, they can just wait 5 years for when he's a UFA.
We could just wait til his NMC kicks in and make low ball offers like Isac Lundestrom + 1st round pick unprotected for NMC Eichel.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
The teams with capspace for Eichel are in no rush or hurry to trade for Eichel, its not a priority for them, they can just wait 5 years for when he's a UFA.
We could just wait til his NMC kicks in and make low ball offers like Isac Lundestrom + 1st round pick unprotected for NMC Eichel.
Okay well that’s a truly terrible argument.

1) Wait 5 years? Majority of GMs and coaches will be out of a job in 5 years. They absolutely do not think in those kinds of terms.

2) No priority? I highly doubt real GMs view it that way. Players of Eichels caliber NEVER become available. Young superstar 1st line centers signed longterm are literally the least move piece in the NHL. Go ask for one of McDavid, Draisaitl, Mackinnon, Matthews, Barkov etc and you’ll be laughed off the phone before you even make an offer. A lot of teams recognize this is a rare opportunity, especially with it looking like a guarantee he never plays for the Sabres again- which means he will be moved shortly. It’s not just the teams with cap space bidding, Buffalo can take cap back if necessary to get the return they need.

3) That lowball offer looks terrible, why would they ever consider it. Unless maybe there’s no lotto protection. But even then they could probably do better. Not to mention Ducks fans are saying their 1st in a trade would include lotto protection which is ludicrous.

I’m not a Buffalo fan in the slightest and honestly I think Eichel will eventually be moved for an underwhelming return. That said your offer and opinion on the matter is trash, it’s just not even close to realistic. You’ll have to give up multiple pieces that hurt.

Reactions: Jacob582

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

I could go for
Mctavish
Perreault/Lundy
Dostal
2nd

More than fair in my opinion. I would do it.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

the only untouchables that we've been talking about have been Zegras and Drysdale, that's been the message from Ducks fans from the very beginning.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I can't think of a single good reason why the Ducks or any other team would want to pay GMKA's asking price before Eichel has had surgery and proved he is fully recovered. That is especially true for the Ducks if Buffalo is expecting a 22 1st.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
I can't think of a single good reason why the Ducks or any other team would want to pay GMKA's asking price before Eichel has had surgery and proved he is fully recovered. That is especially true for the Ducks if Buffalo is expecting a 22 1st.

I agree with you.. patience people..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad