Proposal: Jack Eichel to Anaheim 4 Fair Value

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I mean they did put Mcdavid on Buffalo west and he won hart trophy’s scoring titles and made the playoffs, Edmonton was worse than Buffalo for most of their careers…. Mcdavid is just miles better
Oilers minus McDavid are miles better than Buffalo minus Eichel. Quite easily, Buffalo doesn’t anyone near Draisaitl’s level. Nurse is also a better defenseman than anyone on Buffalo. The general depth on Edmonton is poor but even there they are stronger than the Sabres

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Explain to me how a potential top 4-10 pick in a heavy draft and a 3rd overall picked center “doesn’t hurt” lol, + top 10 goalie prospect and other pretty solids pieces.

do people just think eichel gunna get 4 Trevor zegras caliber assets? They won’t even get 1 and that’s the facts
Scroll up. Im seeing lowball offers of Lundestrom + a protected first.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The lotto protection is a crazy ask imo. Eichel was the 2nd overall in the strongest draft of the salary cap era, possibly ever. But you wouldn’t move a unprotected 1st for him? The only reason it’d be worth anything to the Sabres is the chance that it hits the lotto.
and the 22 draft is loaded with talent, best draft since that Eichel draft. any GM trading a 1st who may fall into that spot is gonna put a protection there. if the Ducks are that bad and win the lottery then the Sabres just get a 2023 unprotected 1st with a chance at Bedard. only chance the Ducks trade an unprotected 22 1st would be if if that was the main piece involved and McTavish isn't moved. It's a real shock how people keep acting like Eichel isn't injured and that his value is somehow at the very peak. it's just crazy that people want to ignore reality that badly...

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I mean look at that Buffalo roster. You could put McDavid there and they still would have been in the basement. What makes you think he is a questionable team leader? I think he’s frustrated and rightly so.

well, the Ducks roster would suck Too if the trades posted were done

there have been negative stories off and on about Eichel for a few years. “GM Eichel” gets bounced around off an on for one.

look, I hope Eichel comes back well from the injury

I really don’t believe the Ducks should get rid of multiple first round players or picks at this point, especially for an unknown injury result

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Oilers minus McDavid are miles better than Buffalo minus Eichel. Quite easily, Buffalo doesn’t anyone near Draisaitl’s level. Nurse is also a better defenseman than anyone on Buffalo. The general depth on Edmonton is poor but even there they are stronger than the Sabres

You're welcome to your opinion but I'd take Dahlin 20/10 before Nurse and I'm sure most on here would too. But you are spot on about the Drais part.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Yeah thats what I was saying with their multiple untouchables thing

Like Gibson, McTavish, Zegras, Drysdale are all unavailable. Their 1st would need lottery protection. Its simply not realistic.

How would they feel if the Sharks wanted to trade for Gibson but took their top 5 assets off the table and told Anaheim to pick through the bones of whatever is left.

Are you intentionally being delusional? You're completely making stuff up. You've already been told that the only untouchables for Ducks fans are Zegras and Drysdale, yet you continue spewing nonsense.

Tell us what other team is willing to give up their blue chip, possible future star prospects? You can belittle Ducks fans all you want, but the reality is, every other fan of other teams on this board have also taken theirs off the table for Eichel as well.

The Ducks need much more than Jack Eichel...gutting their prospects puts them in a worse position than Buffalo. And we all know how well Eichel helped them progress into contenders...

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Scroll up. Im seeing lowball offers of Lundestrom + a protected first.
When his NMC kicks in Buffalo cannot trade him unless Eichel waives his NMC. I said after his NMC kicks in. Big difference.
I doubt his NMC kicks in before he's traded but it potentially could if Buffalo is beyond unreasonable.

If it gets to that and his NMC kicks in, of the teams he's willing to waive for those teams won't be offering as much.
In that position Buffalo either trades him or holds onto him til he hits UFA.
The Teams he will waive to can start with a low ball offer and increase the offer to counter the other team depending how many teams he's willing to waive for.
Then there is the fact that not every team he will waive for has the cap space to make the Eichel trade and Buffalo might not like what salary they have to take back.

The Ducks need to just move on if Buffalo is still insisting on one of Zegras or Drysdale having to be included.

Reactions: jay from jersey

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
When his NMC kicks in Buffalo cannot trade him unless Eichel waives his NMC. I said after his NMC kicks in. Big difference.
I doubt his NMC kicks in before he's traded but it potentially could if Buffalo is beyond unreasonable.

If it gets to that and his NMC kicks in, of the teams he's willing to waive for those teams won't be offering as much.
In that position Buffalo either trades him or holds onto him til he hits UFA.
The Teams he will waive to can start with a low ball offer and increase the offer to counter the other team depending how many teams he's willing to waive for.
Then there is the fact that not every team he will waive for has the cap space to make the Eichel trade and Buffalo might not like what salary they have to take back.

The Ducks need to just move on if Buffalo is still insisting on one of Zegras or Drysdale having to be included.
That’s basically the same situation for the rangers. How would giving up those assets, plus losing Zibby due to a 10 mill cap hit be better for NYR in the long run? Eichel really hasn’t out scored Zibby by a huge margin in recent years. Now I obviously think Eichel is an upgrade over Zibanejad, but not so much of an upgrade it justifies losing him and 3-4 young cost controlled assets.
The ducks would be dumb if they included Zergas or Drysdale. Adding Eichel doesn’t make them a playoff team. They are still so young and raw and could possibly land 2 studs if they pick top 5 in the next 2 drafts.
There are way too many question marks around Eichel to give back what Sabres fans think is fair just on a talent level.
Neck injury/ rehab concerns
10 mill cap hit for 5 years, 4 of which have a NMC, so if he wants out of ANA because they aren’t a playoff team in 2 years, there is no resale value.
Eichel seems to miss 15-20 games a season on average, so that is also a concern. Even if you don’t count this past season.
Assets team is going to lose to get him to ANA
As a whole it just doesn’t make any sense.
Why give up all those years of cost controlled assets of Zergas, Drysdale, and a potential top 5 pick in next years strong draft for 4-41/2 years of Eichel to watch him leave at UFA time or for him to get pissed off before that and force his way out of ANA early because they won’t be a playoff team for a minimum 2-4 years yet at least.
The Ducks are way better off just staying the course and keep stacking their prospect pool at this time with cheap quality young players, and when the time is right, they add solid talent in free agency.
Maybe when Matthews deal is up, ANA may look like a great situation for him to go to???
At this point in time, with Eichel still needing surgery and not getting it, it’s looking more likely that he might only play a half season this year, if at all.
These GMs aren’t stupid, they know it’s a way better situation to just sit tight and wait for Eichel’s NMC and Bonus to come due. It’s only a year away, most of which he will be getting surgery and rehabbing. The Sabres are the ones on the clock, not the other teams potentially trying to acquire him.
Everyone should just stay the course right now and revisit talks by the end of this season/Draft. That’s when the real pressure begins to mount for Adams

Last edited:

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Just keep your talent, problem solved. Stop bashing on Jack. Regardless of what it is, he's having surgery soon. At that point let it be what it is, he's not getting traded before he's on the ice. But, trades like this, with disrespect just needs to stop. Offers starting with guys like Sam Steel, or Max Jones, aren't going anywhere. Keep your players. Keep your insults.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Just keep your talent, problem solved. Stop bashing on Jack. Regardless of what it is, he's having surgery soon. At that point let it be what it is, he's not getting traded before he's on the ice. But, trades like this, with disrespect just needs to stop. Offers starting with guys like Sam Steel, or Max Jones, aren't going anywhere. Keep your players. Keep your insults.
Literally havnt seen anyone offering that….

do people just make stuff up randomly and complain about it…. So weird

Zegras ain’t being moved , and very unlikely drysdale would, just like kings won’t move byfield, rangers won’t move kakko/laf, Montreal won’t move Suzuki caufield, Vegas doesn’t seem interested in moving krebs.

I feel like KA not making move, has turned some Buffalo fans delusional

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sounds like every single packaged attempt is labeled weak or garbage. Well, that's what happens when you talk 4/1 or 5/1 type offers which is what the Sabres are asking for cause there is no 1/1 blockbuster available for the injured star center.

Do the Sabres actually think they are getting four top 10 values in that package? Not going to happen.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
That’s basically the same situation for the rangers. How would giving up those assets, plus losing Zibby due to a 10 mill cap hit be better for NYR in the long run? Eichel really hasn’t out scored Zibby by a huge margin in recent years. Now I obviously think Eichel is an upgrade over Zibanejad, but not so much of an upgrade it justifies losing him and 3-4 young cost controlled assets.
The ducks would be dumb if they included Zergas or Drysdale. Adding Eichel doesn’t make them a playoff team. They are still so young and raw and could possibly land 2 studs if they pick top 5 in the next 2 drafts.
There are way too many question marks around Eichel to give back what Sabres fans think is fair just on a talent level.
Neck injury/ rehab concerns
10 mill cap hit for 5 years, 4 of which have a NMC, so if he wants out of ANA because they aren’t a playoff team in 2 years, there is no resale value.
Eichel seems to miss 15-20 games a season on average, so that is also a concern. Even if you don’t count this past season.
Assets team is going to lose to get him to ANA
As a whole it just doesn’t make any sense.
Why give up all those years of cost controlled assets of Zergas, Drysdale, and a potential top 5 pick in next years strong draft for 4-41/2 years of Eichel to watch him leave at UFA time or for him to get pissed off before that and force his way out of ANA early because they won’t be a playoff team for a minimum 2-4 years yet at least.
The Ducks are way better off just staying the course and keep stacking their prospect pool at this time with cheap quality young players, and when the time is right, they add solid talent in free agency.
Maybe when Matthews deal is up, ANA may look like a great situation for him to go to???
At this point in time, with Eichel still needing surgery and not getting it, it’s looking more likely that he might only play a half season this year, if at all.
These GMs aren’t stupid, they know it’s a way better situation to just sit tight and wait for Eichel’s NMC and Bonus to come due. It’s only a year away, most of which he will be getting surgery and rehabbing. The Sabres are the ones on the clock, not the other teams potentially trying to acquire him.
Everyone should just stay the course right now and revisit talks by the end of this season/Draft. That’s when the real pressure begins to mount for Adams
Then just stay out of the Eichel thread. You keep filling it up with non sense every day and it got old a long time ago.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Then just stay out of the Eichel thread. You keep filling it up with non sense every day and it got old a long time ago.
What are you talking about.
Everything I say is true. I’m sorry if it hurts your feelings.
I’ll post when I want and whatever I want. But you can keep thinking teams will offer your clown shoes proposals for a Eichel with tons of baggage.
Can’t wait until the season starts and Adams strips him of his captaincy. That’s a definite upgrade to his value as well, SMH.
Most Sabres fans are level headed. But your one of the more delusional ones that think a team the 2n a half years in their rebuild, is going to trade massive pieces for Eichel with all his current baggage. News flash, if ANA/ NYR we’re offering a package that included 1 of LaF/Zergas/ Kakko/Drysdale, Eichel would have been traded already...... yet look where we are

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
What are you talking about.
Everything I say is true. I’m sorry if it hurts your feelings.
I’ll post when I want and whatever I want. But you can keep thinking teams will offer your clown shoes proposals for a Eichel with tons of baggage.
Can’t wait until the season starts and Adams strips him of his captaincy. That’s a definite upgrade to his value as well, SMH.
Most Sabres fans are level headed. But your one of the more delusional ones that think a team the 2n a half years in their rebuild, is going to trade massive pieces for Eichel with all his current baggage. News flash, if ANA/ NYR we’re offering a package that included 1 of LaF/Zergas/ Kakko/Drysdale, Eichel would have been traded already...... yet look where we are
Lol. My feelings are just fine. I think it’s funny how there are so many Rangers fans filling up these pages with speculative crap even though there is ZERO percent chance Eichel gets traded there. Maybe less than zero. So what’s your agenda????

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Eichel is damaged goods, I seriously doubt he will get anywhere near the return as proposed by the OP. Buffalo has to come to terms with him.

Reactions: Tony O

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
2 top 5 prospects and a couple other parts?
Buffalo would be lucky to get a package like this for Eichel.

Whether Buffalo fans can accept it or not, publicly trash talking the team and saying he wants out kills his value.
Having a very serious neck injury and only wanting to do an experimental surgery kills the rest of his value.

If Buffalo doesn’t take this deal, Vancouver will offer this package.

To Van
Eichel

To Buffalo
Myers
Sutter
Ferland.

Hahaha
Get real. This package is way more than JE is worth these days, and Buffalo fans are scoffing at it.
If the trade happens, I can’t wait to see all the tears.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad