Proposal: Jack Eichel to Anaheim 4 Fair Value

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
. . .
You can belittle Ducks fans all you want, but the reality is, every other fan of other teams on this board have also taken theirs off the table for Eichel as well.
. . .

You are correct, sir. The way to get Eichel is to offer a piece that no one else has offered (yet).

First team that does that gets Eichel. It's really that simple. There's a significant chance that player turns into an all-star. You should expect they will. Someday.

BUT YOU GET EICHEL NOW.

I know - but his Neck. The price is the price.

Now, that may not be the right thing for the Ducks. If so, then you're fine. No aspersions on anybody. But, if you want Eichel now...

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
You are correct, sir. The way to get Eichel is to offer a piece that no one else has offered (yet).

First team that does that gets Eichel. It's really that simple. There's a significant chance that player turns into an all-star. You should expect they will. Someday.

BUT YOU GET EICHEL NOW.

Now, that may not be the right thing for the Ducks. If so, then you're fine. No aspersions on anybody. But, if you want Eichel now...

Getting Eichel now simply gives the acquiring team the privilege of paying $5-10 million in salary this year while he recovers from surgery. Why would any team acquire him before his surgery is done and he proves he can play at his previous level?

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Mason mctavish and next year's 1st round pick unprotected and 2rd round pick 2023. That should ice it. Reason next year ducks pick probably top 5 and possibly 1st overall. End of story.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Mason mctavish and next year's 1st round pick unprotected and 2rd round pick 2023. That should ice it. Reason next year ducks pick probably top 5 and possibly 1st overall. End of story.
If it’s 1st overall ducks are better off keeping the pick. It’s like no one seems to understand a bottom 3 team isn't going to trade their 1st unprotected

Last edited:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Getting Eichel now simply gives the acquiring team the privilege of paying $5-10 million in salary this year while he recovers from surgery. Why would any team acquire him before his surgery is done and he proves he can play at his previous level?
How do you know he will get surgery?

One media guy tweeted he COULD get surgery soon, while no other key insider backed that up, with others saying that report simply isn't true.

Stuff that gets leaked to the media is so sides in a negotiation can control the narrative.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Garbage. OP won't part with their blue chip prospects and then also makes the pick top 3 protected? LOL
I’d consider a top 3 protected 1st next year from Anaheim a blue chip.

mctavish is a blue chip prospect, despite your personal opinions of him

mctavish + 2022 1st(top 3 protected) is as good of a return as I’ve seen on these boards by any team, not including the rest of any potential package.

worst case you add a 2023 1st, Buffalo likely going to end up in top 3 on their own anyway. Gives them 4 picks 1st round in the next 2 drafts.

best case the pick ends up 4th and you get a top center with your pick and a winger/rhd with our pick

Last edited:
Reactions: elchud

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
If I’m trading the ducks first rounder i would rather just wait until the end of the season when it’s locked in. Then we can decide if we would rather have wright/lambert etc or eichel.

That way we don’t have to deal with the sabres trying to poach a top 3 pick as well as the rest of whatever package we offer.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If I’m trading the ducks first rounder i would rather just wait until the end of the season when it’s locked in. Then we can decide if we would rather have wright/lambert etc or eichel.

That way we don’t have to deal with the sabres trying to poach a top 3 pick as well as the rest of whatever package we offer.
Ya maybe after the lottery id have more interest in moving that pick... but the ducks were terrible last year and didnt do anything to the roster... and i wouldnt give a top 3 pick next year ++ for Eichel... hell id have a tough time really giving up a top 5.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Opportunity cost. No risk, no reward.

LiveLaughDucks

Feb 5, 2020
Just keep your talent, problem solved. Stop bashing on Jack. Regardless of what it is, he's having surgery soon. At that point let it be what it is, he's not getting traded before he's on the ice. But, trades like this, with disrespect just needs to stop. Offers starting with guys like Sam Steel, or Max Jones, aren't going anywhere. Keep your players. Keep your insults.
No one has offered a package centered around Steel or Jones and if there was and you took it serious, that’s on you. Pretty easy to ignore something so obviously insulting instead of letting it apparently ruin your day.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Garbage. OP won't part with their blue chip prospects and then also makes the pick top 3 protected? LOL
I can’t even take you seriously with your lack of judgement on what constitutes a blue chip prospect. If you truly believe a 3rd overall pick and another potential top 5 pick aren’t blue chip prospects please find another sport you can educate yourself on so you can hopefully understand it because it seems like hockey is a lost cause for you given your current knowledge and ability to assess a player’s trade value

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County

BUT YOU GET EICHEL NOW.

I don't want Eichel on the Ducks...not for the prices that Buffalo fans are asking. There's too much uncertainty surrounding his health, plus, one player isn't going to turn the Ducks into a contender. I responded to that other poster because he was putting down Duck fans for not wanting to give up their top two prospects (Zegras and Drysdale), when every other team's fans have said the exact same thing about their top prospects. For some reason, he's got an issue with the Ducks or Ducks fans, because I didn't see him putting other's down.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't want Eichel on the Ducks...not for the prices that Buffalo fans are asking. There's too much uncertainty surrounding his health, plus, one player isn't going to turn the Ducks into a contender. I responded to that other poster because he was putting down Duck fans for not wanting to give up their top two prospects (Zegras and Drysdale), when every other team's fans have said the exact same thing about their top prospects. For some reason, he's got an issue with the Ducks or Ducks fans, because I didn't see him putting other's down.

It's not just with the Ducks fans. It's being done to the Habs as well. It appears on HF boards, that if it's not 4 top 10 pick qualities, it's garbage. Sabres GM has a high price. Sabres fans (some of them anyways) have a higher than high asking price.

Eichel when healthy is a top 10 center in the game. Comes at a very high cap hit for 5 years or 4 if he don't play next year. His value with injury concerns? Probably $0.75/$1.0. Has any team offered that in reality yet? Not sure.

Last edited:

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I can’t even take you seriously with your lack of judgement on what constitutes a blue chip prospect. If you truly believe a 3rd overall pick and another potential top 5 pick aren’t blue chip prospects please find another sport you can educate yourself on so you can hopefully understand it because it seems like hockey is a lost cause for you given your current knowledge and ability to assess a player’s trade value

I don’t consider McTavish a blue chip prospect, but to be fair, I also don’t consider Power to be one, nor Beniers. To me, blue chip prospects have the potential to be in the running for multiple ASG, and not because of the “one player from every team” rule. Obviously the next season or two could change my opinion on them.

Personally I’d rather Zegras or Drysdale, and then lesser amount of others received. For instance, Drysdale + 1st + Perbix and Henrique as the cap dump. And I understand the hesitancy of Ducks fans to not want to trade him.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Henrique + McTavish + top-2 protected 2022 1st I would sign up for immediately.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Are we realistically expecting Buffalo to get value above a 3rd overall pick+ 22 1st that likely ends up high + a top 6/9 fwd who’s skilled enough to be an effective scorer in a complimentary role(but not a line driver) + a legit top goalie prospect+ a 2nd round pick defenseman with some serious tools(Lacombe) + a late 1st rd pick(Tracey) that likely makes an impact in a 3rd line role.

for a disgruntled player demanding out, with serious neck surgery question marks and a carries a long term 10 mil AAV contract as well?
I think Buffalo takes this and runs
Nope

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Buffalo fans will be very disappointed once Eichel gets traded,you guys are expecting wayyy too much

This is a solid offer
No, it's not. Hoven, a known connected So Cal hockey insider has already said Adams turned down an offer from Anaheim. In other words, he isn't budging, nor should he. Eichel has 5 yrs on his contract, prime years, and once the injury is addressed, they should be very good years.

Many fans are under the misconception the injury is career ending, it's not. Many are under the impression the ask from Adams is to much, it's not.

Buffalo can and will sit on Eichel until the price is met or he returns to the roster following injury treatment. And in case no one has noticed, Buffalo has the time, as the new management and coaching staff assemble and develop the next round of young players for the rebuild.

In short, Kyven Adams holds all the cards, and he knows it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No, it's not. Hoven, a known connected So Cal hockey insider has already said Adams turned down an offer from Anaheim. In other words, he isn't budging, nor should he. Eichel has 5 yrs on his contract, prime years, and once the injury is addressed, they should be very good years.

Many fans are under the misconception the injury is career ending, it's not. Many are under the impression the ask from Adams is to much, it's not.

Buffalo can and will sit on Eichel until the price is met or he returns to the roster following injury treatment. And in case no one has noticed, Buffalo has the time, as the new management and coaching staff assemble and develop the next round of young players for the rebuild.

In short, Kyven Adams holds all the cards, and he knows it.
Cept for the fact that no one has to pay his price, and those cards start to fall apart once the ntc hits. Ducks don’t need to get eichel, and the teams that possibly could need him have much weaker assets

He won’t get a top 10 prospect in the league, he won’t get an unprotected 1st … there are ways he can get 4 1sts but they might not be high valued 1sts across board

Buffalo Preds

Jun 18, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Cept for the fact that no one has to pay his price, and those cards start to fall apart once the ntc hits.

One of the consequences of the campaign by Eichel and his former agent to turn Jack into a toxic asset has been to devalue the importance of the NTC. If the Sabres are willing to hold on to him until his health is such that they can maximize their return, they’re also just as likely to keep Eichel on the roster of the team he purportedly detests until he accedes to a trade that maximizes the Sabres’ return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad