Proposal: Jack Eichel to Anaheim 4 Fair Value

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
You think Eichel would want to go to the Ducks??
5 years from now having Zegras, Drysdale, Lindholm, Perreault, McTavish, Pastujov, Zellweger, Comtois, Terry, Gibson/Dostal, Thrun, LaCombe will be a pretty good team.
Also add in some of the 2022 picks turning into top6 forwards or top4 Dmen.
Look at what we've been able to do with 9th overall in 2019 & 6th overall in 2020. We turned those in top3 pick type talent.

Reactions: lwvs84

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
the only untouchables that we've been talking about have been Zegras and Drysdale, that's been the message from Ducks fans from the very beginning.
But why are those two prospects not available for a player who is worth more today than they would be if they reached their full potential.

If one was unavailable I’d get it but making it both probably means the offer can be beaten

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
But why are those two prospects not available for a player who is worth more today than they would be if they reached their full potential.

If one was unavailable I’d get it but making it both probably means the offer can be beaten
because moving them would make getting Eichel pointless. We would want to build a team around Eichel and moving those two cornerstone pieces means Eichel will have no one to play with putting him in a worse situation than he's already in Buffalo. Sabres fans can keep expecting the moon for Eichel but they won't get it; so they can just keep creating the most toxic environment in the NHL, not our problem.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Prob why you arnt a gm

trying to build a winner, not Buffalo since they drafted eichel

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
It’s pretty hypocritical how many untouchables Ducks fans are listing when Eichel would be far and away their best player. When you’re looking to trade for one of the best players in the NHL, you can’t approach the Sabres GM and be like “yeah I’m not moving any of A, B, C, D, or E. Maybe if you really twist my arm I’ll give you F”

Most teams could only list 1 or 2 assets that wouldn’t be available in an Eichel deal. A team like Anaheim should have everyone on the table since they don’t have a single player in Eichel’s realm.

Ducks (and a lot of other fanbases) fans love bringing up Eichel’s neck as a way to decrease the price, but I don’t think it impacts his value as much as fans would like to believe. There’s been no indication on why this surgery would impact the rest of his career or as to why he wouldn’t recover like 99.9% of professional athletes who undergo surgery.
Was Kucherovs value in the tank pre 2021 playoffs? No definitely not.

Ducks fans don't want a trade that will have the team being gutted thus being as bad as Sabres have been even when they have had Eichel.

Eichel has health problem and that lowers his value compared to being completely healthy anyone who thinks otherwise isn't very smart. The only question is how much lower value does he have because of health concerns?

Eichel needs surgery and he isn't wanting the one his team wants him to have. What if Ducks don't agree on the surgery Eichel wants? Regardless he will miss time during the coming season and there are questions how he holds up after whatever surgery he gets.

The Ducks haven't made the playoffs since 2018 and they finished last season with the fewest goals scored and 2nd worst record so the Ducks aren't Eichel away from being a sure fire playoff team especially if they trade a kings ransom away to get him like Sabres want so Eichel who hasn't played in the Stanley Cup playoffs yet is on the Ducks and things don't work out as well as hoping the Ducks have a unhappy Eichel on their team which would be horrible.

I honestly hope Ducks don't trade for Eichel at all and have him on no trade for list.

Zegras and Drysdale if they reach their full potential are both worth more then what Eichel currently is worth.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Ducks fans don't want a trade that will have the team being gutted thus being as bad as Sabres have been even when they have had Eichel.

Eichel has health problem and that lowers his value compared to being completely healthy anyone who thinks otherwise isn't very smart. The only question is how much lower value does he have because of health concerns?

Eichel needs surgery and he isn't wanting the one his team wants him to have. What if Ducks don't agree on the surgery Eichel wants? Regardless he will miss time during the coming season and there are questions how he holds up after whatever surgery he gets.

The Ducks haven't made the playoffs since 2018 and they finished last season with the fewest goals scored and 2nd worst record so the Ducks aren't Eichel away from being a sure fire playoff team especially if they trade a kings ransom away to get him like Sabres want so Eichel who hasn't played in the Stanley Cup yet is on the Ducks and things don't work out as well as hoping the Ducks have a unhappy Eichel on their team which would be horrible.

I honestly hope Ducks don't trade for Eichel at all and have him on no trade for list.

Zegras and Drysdale if they reach their full potential are both worth more then what Eichel currently is worth.
I don’t have time to respond to the multiple paragraphs, but in response to the last part:

Zegras has 1C potential. Drysdale has 1D potential. Eichel is a elite 1C today on a historically awful team. How are they in any way more valuable

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I don’t have time to respond to the multiple paragraphs, but in response to the last part:

Zegras has 1C potential. Drysdale has 1D potential. Eichel is a elite 1C today on a historically awful team. How are they in any way more valuable

At start of this coming season Eichel won't be healthy enough to play (and don't know how he will be after surgery) so Zegras at full potential being a legit #1C is worth more as is Drysdale being a legit #1D at full potential. Hopefully they reach their potential and Ducks don't trade either of them away gambling on everything working out with Eichel.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda

As a Sabres fan I can see a deal being made without them two (many Sabres fans agree with this) But Ducks fans are getting greedy now..

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
At start of this coming season Eichel won't be healthy enough to play (and don't know how he will be after surgery) so Zegras at full potential being a legit #1C is worth more as is Drysdale being a legit #1D at full potential. Hopefully they reach their potential and Ducks don't trade either of them away gambling on everything working out with Eichel.

I think the way this is all heading is Eichel will not be traded until after the surgery he is reported having soon..The Sabres and or Eichel will be taking all the risk here to get him healthy before the next draft..

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
As a Sabres fan I can see a deal being made without them two (many Sabres fans agree with this) But Ducks fans are getting greedy now..
Yeah thats what I was saying with their multiple untouchables thing

Like Gibson, McTavish, Zegras, Drysdale are all unavailable. Their 1st would need lottery protection. Its simply not realistic.

How would they feel if the Sharks wanted to trade for Gibson but took their top 5 assets off the table and told Anaheim to pick through the bones of whatever is left.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Obviously we all hope for the best when it comes to our teams, thus explaining your view. But from an outside perspective I think the probability of Eichel receiving from surgery and continue to be a 1C is a higher probability than Zegras/Drysdale reach their absolute ceilings.

Significantly higher. The vast majority of athletes recover just fine from surgery, and the fact this surgery is new to hockey players scares fans but within the medical community this surgery is simply superior to a spinal fusion. I really don't see the fact he wouldn't start the season as that much "added risk"
Obviously both Ducks guys are high quality prospects, but at the end of the day they are just prospects. And probability would tell you that any prospect is more likely to bust or meet expectations rather than boom.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Like Gibson, McTavish, Zegras, Drysdale are all unavailable. Their 1st would need lottery protection. Its simply not realistic.

How would they feel if the Sharks wanted to trade for Gibson but took their top 5 assets off the table and told Anaheim to pick through the bones of whatever is left.
Quite a few Ducks fans aren't not that high on Gibson because his performance the past 3 seasons & he seems like he almost wants out.
Goalies get a lot less in return and Gibson carries a big cap hit although not that bad when compared to some other goalies.
A team is taking on a big risk that Gibson returns to form and that it isn't him declining early because goalies sometimes do.
If Gibson requests a trade then they aren't gonna get as much and they will need to take salary back or retain on him to increase the return.

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Obviously we all hope for the best when it comes to our teams, thus explaining your view. But from an outside perspective I think the probability of Eichel receiving from surgery and continue to be a 1C is a higher probability than Zegras/Drysdale reach their absolute ceilings.

Significantly higher. The vast majority of athletes recover just fine from surgery, and the fact this surgery is new to hockey players scares fans but within the medical community this surgery is simply superior to a spinal fusion. I really don't see the fact he wouldn't start the season as that much "added risk"
Obviously both Ducks guys are high quality prospects, but at the end of the day they are just prospects. And probability would tell you that any prospect is more likely to bust or meet expectations rather than boom.
Tell that to Prince Fielder who needed neck surgery suspiciously just a few months after being traded from Detroit Tigers to Texas Rangers for Ian Kinsler.
Within a year or so after Fielder needed another neck surgery and then he was medically retired from MLB.
MLB is not a contact sport so......Eichel could end up re-injuring his neck and LTIRetiring after the 2nd surgery.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

so we're just gonna start making things up that completely go against what's been posted in this very thread? like how Gibson and McTavish have been offered up? and wanting a top 3 protected 2022 1st isn't a crazy ask.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
so we're just gonna start making things up that completely go against what's been posted in this very thread? like how Gibson and McTavish have been offered up? and wanting a top 3 protected 2022 1st isn't a crazy ask.
The lotto protection is a crazy ask imo. Eichel was the 2nd overall in the strongest draft of the salary cap era, possibly ever. But you wouldn’t move a unprotected 1st for him? The only reason it’d be worth anything to the Sabres is the chance that it hits the lotto.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

They don't have any potentially career altering injuries for one thing.

No player - no matter how good - that requires spinal surgery to even play again with zero guarantees that he will ever return to pre-injury form is worth some of the asking prices I've seen here. What he is now is a very large 10 million dollar risk- and we all know what big risk takers GM's are known to be /s

Reactions: Rec T

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Mctavish, 2 prospects of their choice, a B level prospect. An unprotected 2023 1st, and either rakell or Henrique. That’s fair value for a guy who’s not gonna play next season, maybe add a 2nd or two.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The lotto protection is a crazy ask imo. Eichel was the 2nd overall in the strongest draft of the salary cap era, possibly ever. But you wouldn’t move a unprotected 1st for him? The only reason it’d be worth anything to the Sabres is the chance that it hits the lotto.
You: Duck fans won’t trade mctavish gibson 1st zegras drysdale

ducks fan: most of us are okay with anyone outside of zegras and drysdale

you: okay but the protection

you just keep making stuff up and then moving goal posts…. If eichel was healthy day 1 sure take the protection off… but a team in Anaheim’s position can’t trade a bunch of assets and then not protect the 1st with eichel missing a chunk of the season… remember Anaheim was almost as bad as Buffalo last year and made 0 changes…. There is a pretty good chance that pick has a shot at lottery and honestly I’d rather have any of the top 5 players in draft + our assets over eichel

the chance of our 1st being top 5 is much greater than any other teams listed as interested(Calgary minnasota Vegas Montreal etc), but go get that unprotected 1st from 1 of them…. And have fun with that 20th pick

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
You: Duck fans won’t trade mctavish gibson 1st zegras drysdale

ducks fan: most of us are okay with anyone outside of zegras and drysdale

you: okay but the protection

you just keep making stuff up and then moving goal posts…. If eichel was healthy day 1 sure take the protection off… but a team in Anaheim’s position can’t trade a bunch of assets and then not protect the 1st with eichel missing a chunk of the season… remember Anaheim was almost as bad as Buffalo last year and made 0 changes…. There is a pretty good chance that pick has a shot at lottery and honestly I’d rather have any of the top 5 players in draft + our assets over eichel

the chance of our 1st being top 5 is much greater than any other teams listed as interested(Calgary minnasota Vegas Montreal etc), but go get that unprotected 1st from 1 of them…. And have fun with that 20th pick
I’m not making anything up. I’ve just read the offers of Ducks fans for Eichel which don’t include anything that hurts.

Im not a Buffalo fan so I’m not sure why I would go get anything. I just said I think it’s hypocritical that the offers didn’t include the 5 best pieces that Anaheim has

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010

Without trying to inflame
Eichel is an injured elite 1c
Who has led his team nowhere
And seems to be a questionable team leader.

Reactions: gunnergunther

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
This discussion is pointless if the rumor of Eichel being out until at least December is accurate. The Ducks aren't going to pay Eichel $5 million or more to watch him recover. If Eichel comes back strong he can be traded to a contender at the TDL next year. Worst case, he gets traded at the 22 draft. Ain't happening before the end of this year though.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Without trying to inflame
Eichel is an injured elite 1c
Who has led his team nowhere
And seems to be a questionable team leader.
I mean look at that Buffalo roster. You could put McDavid there and they still would have been in the basement. What makes you think he is a questionable team leader? I think he’s frustrated and rightly so.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I mean look at that Buffalo roster. You could put McDavid there and they still would have been in the basement. What makes you think he is a questionable team leader? I think he’s frustrated and rightly so.
I mean they did put Mcdavid on Buffalo west and he won hart trophy’s scoring titles and made the playoffs, Edmonton was worse than Buffalo for most of their careers…. Mcdavid is just miles better

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’m not making anything up. I’ve just read the offers of Ducks fans for Eichel which don’t include anything that hurts.

Im not a Buffalo fan so I’m not sure why I would go get anything. I just said I think it’s hypocritical that the offers didn’t include the 5 best pieces that Anaheim has
Explain to me how a potential top 4-10 pick in a heavy draft and a 3rd overall picked center “doesn’t hurt” lol, + top 10 goalie prospect and other pretty solids pieces.

do people just think eichel gunna get 4 Trevor zegras caliber assets? They won’t even get 1 and that’s the facts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad