Proposal: Jack Eichel to Anaheim 4 Fair Value

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
Ok let me rephrase:

If it's likely, as you seem to think, that Eichel will return to health and be a PPG player...

Then why would BUF trade him at all? Why wouldn't they take those ridiculously overrated prospects that you talk about, like say Cozens or Quinn, and trade them for players from other teams that will make the team better and build around Jack?

And since you think prospects are overrated why aren't you suggesting trading Quinn, Rosen and Peterka for a starting G and maybe a winger to play with Jack?

They have tried, first Skinner, then they draft Qiunn over Rossi to get a winger to play with Jack, when they go after Hall for Jack , the GM and the owner was so happy so they make a Youtube video where they talk its Stanley Cup next.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
If the situation was reversed, you would have the opposite opinion. Zegras's development resume is just as impressive as Eichel.

I can't let this slip past.
It's not really close.

Draft year
Eichel NCAA: 71 points in 40 games
Zegras USNDP: 40 points in 27 games

D+1
Eichel NHL: 56 points in 81 games
Zegras NCAA: 36 points in 33 games

D+2
Eichel NHL: 57 points in 61 games
Zegras NHL: 13 points in 24 games

Zegras is a helluva player, certainly one of the best talents of his age group.
He has shown no sign of reaching Eichel's level.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's not really close.

Draft year

D+1

D+2

Can't let is slip past? :laugh: When someone says a development resume is just as impressive, it don't mean it's the exact same. But you assumed it that way. Zegras could be just as good as Eichel or a few notches lower. I'm aware of the context you posted. Do you think Zegras can't be a 100 pt guy in the NHL? What if it's 90-100? Or 80-90?

Zegras is a blue chip prospect. As good as it gets pre NHL. If he was on your team's prospect pool, you would be pumping him up and rightly so. I support the Ducks in him not being traded for Eichel who is on a 4 year $10M AAV contract and dealing with a key injury. Sabres can ask for whatever they want but the signs indicate that there are several teams interested but not desperate. Zegras's value through his ELC and maybe bridge are worth a lot in a cap. Just like Eichel before his monster contract.

What do you think the Sabres say if someone tried to trade Marner for Dahlin+

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My desire from the start. Vegas and Buffalo were meant to do this deal. Krebs+stuff for Eichel, and Buffalo can finally move the f*** on.

Isn't other teams offering Krebs type prospects plus other pieces? Seems off to me but maybe some people think Krebs is a blue chip vs a grade A type?

Krebs is a winger/center type that is probably a winger in the NHL. Good piece to have in the mix no doubt. However, what else can Vegas offer? Late round 1st and Hauge? What cap dumps do Vegas send the other way? What makes Hauge better than Romanov in the Habs package?

Seems off to me where other packages offer lower 1st round picks and similar values but those gets trashed and Vegas's meh offer is golden? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Isn't other teams offering Krebs type prospects plus other pieces? Seems off to me but maybe some people think Krebs is a blue chip vs a grade A type?

Krebs is a winger/center type that is probably a winger in the NHL. Good piece to have in the mix no doubt. However, what else can Vegas offer? Late round 1st and Hauge? What cap dumps do Vegas send the other way? What makes Hauge better than Romanov in the Habs package?

Seems off to me where other packages offer lower 1st round picks and similar values but those gets trashed and Vegas's meh offer is golden? :sarcasm:

I have a value on Krebs that’s just below Zegras. That’s probably the difference.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I have a value on Krebs that’s just below Zegras. That’s probably the difference.

Wow! I have Zegras as a Blue Chip and Krebs as Grade A. Interesting and who the hell knows for sure. I guess that is what could be a play... who does the Sabres management like more than others. Cause at the end of the day, it's about how the Sabres evaluate the prospects and how they feel it fits their core build up moving forward.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Zegres> Krebs

Krebs in bext vegas prospect.

buffalo likely also gets Tuch and Smith. Those two equate to Eichels cap.

buffalo isn’t trading Eichel for secondary spare parts and magic beans.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Ygo

Oct 19, 2015
Zegres> Krebs

Krebs in bext vegas prospect.

buffalo likely also gets Tuch and Smith. Those two equate to Eichels cap.

buffalo isn’t trading Eichel for secondary spare parts and magic beans.
I doubt the Sabres get Tuch and Krebs unless they are giving back a piece (ie Olofsson at 50% retained). Vegas is a tough trade partner for Buffalo, because the futures are not as attractive. I think Vegas has to give desirable young solid pieces off the roster (ie Tuch+ or Theodore) which does not make sense.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Can't let is slip past? :laugh: When someone says a development resume is just as impressive, it don't mean it's the exact same. But you assumed it that way. Zegras could be just as good as Eichel or a few notches lower. I'm aware of the context you posted. Do you think Zegras can't be a 100 pt guy in the NHL? What if it's 90-100? Or 80-90?

Zegras is a blue chip prospect. As good as it gets pre NHL. If he was on your team's prospect pool, you would be pumping him up and rightly so. I support the Ducks in him not being traded for Eichel who is on a 4 year $10M AAV contract and dealing with a key injury. Sabres can ask for whatever they want but the signs indicate that there are several teams interested but not desperate. Zegras's value through his ELC and maybe bridge are worth a lot in a cap. Just like Eichel before his monster contract.

What do you think the Sabres say if someone tried to trade Marner for Dahlin+

When someone says a development resume is just as impressive I assume they mean in the same ballpark, not the same street.

Casey Mittelstadt could be as good as Nick Suzuki, or a few notches lower.
And Arthur Kaliyev could be as good as Cole Caufield, or a few notches lower.

So you wouldn't blink at someone saying their development resume is just as impressive?
Because what these guys have done over comparable stretches of their careers is closer than what Eichel and Zegras have done.

I agree with most of your second paragraph, and it is relevant to this thread, but it is not relevant to my point.

Last edited:

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015

For starters MTL is in our division while Vegas isn’t. That alone would be reason enough

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don’t know if Zegras has the potential to be as good as Eichel, but I think he has the potential to be the best in his draft class or at least on the same level as Hughes. As a NY and westchester county native, really rooting hard for this kid to succeed.
Future is bright . A lot to be excited for going forward…. Zegras leading the way for all the other young players

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I don't see how the rebuilding Ducks would trade their best prospect in a package for Eichel. The Kings have way more prospects and could afford to lose quality in a package for Eichel. In fact, we don't even have space for all of our prospects who are most nearing NHL ready.

Reactions: Kalv

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
I don't see how the rebuilding Ducks would trade their best prospect in a package for Eichel. The Kings have way more prospects and could afford to lose quality in a package for Eichel. In fact, we don't even have space for all of our prospects who are most nearing NHL ready.
Ya there’s no way they trade their best prospect since getzlaf/perry

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
And the Kings could always move a Center to the Wing if they need to. They got cap coming off the books next off season with Dustin Brown being a UFA.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Except the Kings aren't interested in trading for Eichel. They will be making a trade in the future, but likely for a #1 LD.

Totally agree with you.
If Buffalo pushes Eichel to Anaheim does not mean they need to push him to LA.
Anaheim do not have centers and Kings have more than enough.

Reactions: Guitpik and Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
With how Zegras just looked in camp, not a CHANCE they move him.
It's not just the camp though. Zegras has proven himself over and over again.
Stephens, Ducks beatwriter just revealed in his Athletic post that Ducks have made it clear in Dubois and Eichel negotiations that Zegras will not be a part of a deal.
Ofc other team fans will mention him but that is just wishful thinking.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
It's not really close.

Draft year

D+1

D+2

Very good comparison. Just not close. Sure it could change. Happens. If Eichel can't recover, everything changes too.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad