Proposal: Jack Eichel to Anaheim 4 Fair Value

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
steve-harvey-huh.gif

Ducks are good, trade him to the Rangers. Ducks aren't trading 3 top 5 picks possibly even higher plus for Eichel.

No team is trading that right now. That’s why there hasn’t been a deal done. Adams wants that (a healthy Eichel price) for an injured Eichel. That’s negotiating in bad faith. That’s why a deal isn’t done.

The Rangers aren’t going to do that either.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
According to the OC Register they asked for Drysdale, Zegras, and our 3rd pick from this draft. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I'm pretty sure I read the article you're referring to and it was an article talking about Anaheim rebuilding and that Murray "could have traded Drysdale, Zegras, and the 3rd overall pick (McTavish) for Eichel, but he wouldn't." I didn't see anywhere in that article that that was Buffalo's asking price. I get trying to connect the dots there, but I call BS on that being an actual proposal from Kevyn Adams.

Its looking more and more like my theory that his NMC is gonna kick in before he's traded.
That NMC means very little in the grand scheme of things. Maybe he blocks a trade to Ottawa or some other team nearly as inept as Buffalo, but it's pretty obvious he wants out.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'm pretty sure I read the article you're referring to and it was an article talking about Anaheim rebuilding and that Murray "could have traded Drysdale, Zegras, and the 3rd overall pick (McTavish) for Eichel, but he wouldn't." I didn't see anywhere in that article that that was Buffalo's asking price. I get trying to connect the dots there, but I call BS on that being an actual proposal from Kevyn Adams.

That NMC means very little in the grand scheme of things. Maybe he blocks a trade to Ottawa or some other team nearly as inept as Buffalo, but it's pretty obvious he wants out.
Nope.
He may have to block trades until Buffalo lowers its ask so that other teams will actually meet the price.
If no one is meeting that asking price, why would they meet that same price when his NMC kicks in and he's only under contract for 4 years vs 5 years ?

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Nope.
He may have to block trades until Buffalo lowers its ask so that other teams will actually meet the price.
If no one is meeting that asking price, why would they meet that same price when his NMC kicks in and he's only under contract for 4 years vs 5 years ?
The bolded literally makes no sense. If no one is making a trade offer Buffalo will actually accept, Eichel isn't blocking anything. If the offer is acceptable to Buffalo then Eichel could potentially block that deal when his NMC is in effect, but why would he when he wants out of Buffalo?
I don't think anyone assumes Buffalo is asking the same price when/if he's medically cleared to play, there's just way too many variables to assume that. Just as I'm sure the price has fluctuated a lot as this thing has unfolded. There's a year less on the deal, but at that point Buffalo has eaten the useless year of Eichel and he's now able to play. That's a huge hurdle removed.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
No trade is really possible at this time. Teams may be having fun what-if discussions, but they'll all fall apart when the doctors and lawyers get involved. Gotta wait for Eichel to be medically cleared to play, or at least schedule a surgery. Your team doctors probably won't approve him to play on an artificial disc, either.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
No team is trading that right now. That’s why there hasn’t been a deal done. Adams wants that (a healthy Eichel price) for an injured Eichel. That’s negotiating in bad faith. That’s why a deal isn’t done.

The Rangers aren’t going to do that either.

Well, no team is going to trade for an injured Eichel. That’s why a deal is not done.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
"Jack Eichel to Anaheim 4 Fair Value" has now maybe dropped below Rakell, Jones and a 2nd
more room left to fall further

Reactions: Getz2noone

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
"Jack Eichel to Anaheim 4 Fair Value" has now maybe dropped below Rakell, Jones and a 2nd
more room left to fall further

I'd think the Sabres are fine continuing to wait for Eichel to crack and get the surgery they want before taking a return like that back. They are literally under zero pressure to trade him considering they are not trying to win or shed cap the next two seasons.

And until he makes a decision on surgery, no team would even trade a 2nd rounder for him anyway so it's a moot point.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Can someone explain exactly why Buffalo prefers the fusion? What are the actual risks for Eichel with the Disc replacement?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Can someone explain exactly why Buffalo prefers the fusion? What are the actual risks for Eichel with the Disc replacement?

The surgery issue…

fusion is recommended and approved. ADR is not approved for pro athletes.
Many medical procedures have restrictions on who can get these do to risks or side effects. Some treatments might be designated as last resort before others are tried.

the surgery could be done on avg joe but not a pro athlete who wants to return to play.

contract insurance….

most high contracts carry a team purchased insurance in case of player not being able to play due to injury ( usually long term)

the insurance company might not may if he has ADR but woukd if fusion us done.

what doctors say…

team doctor and first few options sought were to do fusion…no onADR. He shopped around to find an ADR doctor which makes thus questionable.

if Eichel refused to get s fusion, he could be suspended. Then no pay and no years gained for NMC.

Buffalo likely wants..we allow ADR, but the NMC is waived and if he can’t play again after this year then he doesn’t get salary. The risk is all on Jack.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The surgery issue…

fusion us recommended and approved. ADR is not approved for pro athletes.
Many medical procedures have restrictions on who can get these do to risks or side effects. Some treatments might be designated as last resort before others are tried.

the surgery coukd be done on avg joe but not a pro athlete who wants to return to play.

contract insurance….

most high contracts carry a team purchased insurance in case of player not being able to play due to injury ( usually long term)

the insurance company might not may if he has ADR but woukd if fusion us done.

what doctors say…team doctor and first few options sought were to do fusion…no onADR. He shopped around to find an ADR doctor which makes thus questionable.

if Eichel refused to get s fusion, he could be suspended. Then no pay and no years gained for NMC.

Buffalo likely wants..we allow you ADR, the NMC is waived and if you can’t play again after this year then we don’t pay salary.

One more thing...the Buffalo doctor actually played a major role in pioneering the ADR surgical technique and yet he is supporting the fusion approach for Eichel. Interesting...

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
One more thing...the Buffalo doctor actually played a major role in pioneering the ADR surgical technique and yet he is supporting the fusion approach for Eichel. Interesting...

which goes to what I said on restrictions for surgery

the team dr also us football doctor. About 10+ years ago a bills player almost was paralyzed from neck down if he didn’t do the surgery he did.

he has significant credibility.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Eichel isn't going anywhere until he has a clean bill of health and is back in the lineup playing hockey....obviously that won't be with the Sabres. But even if he had the surgery tomorrow, he'd likely miss up to half of the season anyway.

No team, even one as desperate as Anaheim for a franchise center, is going to roll the dice on someone like Eichel right now. As of this date on the calendar, his career is in limbo. Very sad for hockey player as talented as Eichel, who hasn't even turned 25 yet.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ducks get Eichel and 2023 2nd*
Sabres get Dostal, Perreault, Comtois, 2022 1st and 2023 1st**

* Pick goes away if Eichel plays in more than 50% of total games in the next 2 years
** 1st becomes a 2nd if Eichel scores less than 100 points in the next 2 years combined

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee

* Pick goes away if Eichel plays in more than 50% of total games in the next 2 years
** 1st becomes a 2nd if Eichel scores less than 100 points in the next 2 years combined

Pass. No way the Ducks should trade for Eichel with the current unknowns, especially when it would cost 2 1sts when they were the second worst team in the league.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
d

Uh what?

Perreault is lookin really good
Comtois already showing he can be a top 6 winger, with upside from there
our 1st will be lottery at least next year, if not 2023 too
and dostal is a top 10 goalie prospect in the league

Even without the conditional 1st.... thats 4 1st round assets lol

Best id do now is
Lacombe
Tracey
2022 1st(top 10 protected)
conditional 2023 1st(becomes 2nd if eichel doesnt play at least 75% of games)

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
It’s become so obvious there won’t be an Eichel trade until he’s healthy. This surgery disconnect is insane. Buffalo has really misplayed this situation. Let the guy get the surgery he wants and tell him he’ll need to play for Buffalo again before they consider trading him.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
d
Uh what?

Perreault is lookin really good
Comtois already showing he can be a top 6 winger, with upside from there
our 1st will be lottery at least next year, if not 2023 too
and dostal is a top 10 goalie prospect in the league

Even without the conditional 1st.... thats 4 1st round assets lol

Best id do now is
Lacombe
Tracey
2022 1st(top 10 protected)
conditional 2023 1st(becomes 2nd if eichel doesnt play at least 75% of games)

Lol you're sure as shit not getting Eichel then :laugh:

The idea that you can get Eichel, even with the whole mess in Buffalo, for that garbage spare parts package is laughable.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don’t want him , was just doing Buffalo a solid

You might as well just say "I don't want him" over offering a garbage proposal. That's some Bernmeister shit :laugh:

There is zero situation where the Ducks don't want Eichel while they simultaneously trade for him. The "I don't want him, so I'd only trade XXXX for him" is a fallacy. If your team didn't want him, you wouldn't trade for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad