GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I agree we should keep him as an extra forward, but we are not a competent organization anymore so no use in hoping for something that won’t happen.

I mean realistically, I'd love to see this team trot out a bottom six at this point of like..

DOC - Eller - Puustinen
Lizotte - Poulin - Pulju

Instead we will see..

DOC - Eller - Glass
Lizotte - Acciari - Hayes

or something?

At least it gets us a high 1st.

Reactions: Darren McCord

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I mean realistically, I'd love to see this team trot out a bottom six at this point of like..

DOC - Eller - Puustinen
Lizotte - Poulin - Pulju

Instead we will see..

DOC - Eller - Glass
Lizotte - Acciari - Hayes

or something?

At least it gets us a high 1st.
Well he did just get a hatty in a preseason game vs Buffalo so I also wouldn’t be shocked if he’s stapled to Sid for the next 3 months.

Like when Ramzi Abid scored twice against us so CP traded Hrdina for him like 2 weeks later. Kyle and Sully seem to be as sharp as late stage Craig Patrick era.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Well he did just get a hatty in a preseason game vs Buffalo so I also wouldn’t be shocked if he’s stapled to Sid for the next 3 months.

Like when Ramzi Abid scored twice against us so CP traded Hrdina for him like 2 weeks later. Kyle and Sully seem to be as sharp as late stage Craig Patrick era.

That'd involve moving Bryan Rust off the line. We will never see it.

Bunting - Malkin - Pulju though I could 100% see while Rakell gets 9 minutes a night with Eller.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Glass should never have even been brought in

We have such a bottom six logjam and it's not even impressive names fighting it out, might as well be our cheap ass AHL guys filling in

Dubas is out here collecting Animorphs when the cool kids have Goosebumps

Why? He's a 25 year old former top ten pick who put up 14 goals and 30+ points a year ago and we got paid a 3rd and a 6th.

That's exactly the type of deal Dubas should be making instead of Kevin Hayes and signing Beauvillier.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I feel like Sully eventually realizes the correct lineups to use but it's usually be game 70 or so when we're still four points out of a playoff spot and don't have enough time to make up the ground that he previously lost by playing stupid lineups
The *only* time Sullivan eventually "smartens up" is when the team is in a massive downward spiral and he absolutely has to do something other than dress the exact same lineup every night. And even then, he tends to go back to his old favorites as soon as the team wins 3 in a row and he feels like they're on track.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I like Puljujarvi in the bottom 6. Pretty simple game. Seems like he knows that he can’t make any mistakes defensively, does the little plays to just get the puck out and get off the ice. Basically never passes up a shot. Those couple games where he got physical he was really good. He doesn’t PK or win faceoffs but he’s preferable over Acciari as like the 4th line RW, even if the cost was the same.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
even if Acciari’s reputation around the league is good and you could get a pick for him at this or next years TDL if he picks up his play - would be nice to send a message and waive him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad