Speculation: Jack Eichel thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Don't know how much faith to put into this but the Flames hot start this season maybe cools this off?

If Calgary are sending any significant roster players back for a player that won't be in the lineup for months, and may be awhile after that before he's fully back to his peak form, it may scuttle any hopes for a playoff position this season.

News from 48hrs ago is the 'latest'.

Reactions: Gilziax

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't see any reason why Calgary would say no to Eichel because they're having a fast start.

Guys like Monahan and Zadorov aren't why Calgary is having a hot start. They could do Monahan, Zadorov and a boatload of futures (probably something like Zary/Pelletier, Valimaki/Kylington, a 1st and 2nd) and really not miss a beat at all.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
They could do Monahan, Zadorov and a boatload of futures (probably something like Zary/Pelletier, Valimaki/Kylington, a 1st and 2nd) and really not miss a beat at all.

If that's all Buffalo wants off the Calgary roster, then sure it makes sense. But I was pointing out moving someone *significant* - are they willing to break up something that's working?

Not so much saying they shouldn't, but would they?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
If, say Friedman et al aren't just being fed bullshit by their "source close to the situation," and the framework is at 99%, what is the crown jewel of Vegas/Calgary systems that Adams wants that neither team has pulled the trigger on??

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Calgary gets Eichel and Eakin at 50%
Ottawa gets Monahan
Buffalo gets Zadorov, Dube, Pelletier, Forsberg, 1st (Calgary), 2nd (Calgary) and 2nd (Tampa via Ottawa)

This turns into effectively Eichel and Eakin at 50% for Monahan, Zadorov, Dube, Pelletier, a 1st and 2nd, followed by trading Monahan to Ottawa for Forsberg and Tampa's 2nd.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Monahan / Zadorov / Zary / Nikolayev / All 5 of Calgary's 2022 picks (1st, 2nd, 2nd, 5th, 7th)

Eichel / Ruotsalainen / MacInnis / conditional picks

Ruotsalainen makes ELC minimum and can take Monahans spot, he is a fast tweener C/W who can score. MacInnis as 14th/15th forward, taking Zary's spot.

Conditional picks. 2023 3rd, 2024 2nd, 2025 1st. Picks transfer each individual year if Eichel can't hit 60 points the season before.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
On the one hand, I want it to be over. Jack's Ride dragged on a bit.

I would like Eichel to be traded to any team (except two). Even for a pack of sausages. Or half a kingdom.

On the other hand, I constantly read this topic with great interest. What do I do when it's over? The meaning of life will be lost.
scare.gif

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Monahan / Zadorov / Zary / Nikolayev / All 5 of Calgary's 2022 picks (1st, 2nd, 2nd, 5th, 7th)
Eichel / Ruotsalainen / MacInnis / conditional picks
Ruotsalainen makes ELC minimum and can take Monahans spot, he is a fast tweener C/W who can score. MacInnis as 14th/15th forward, taking Zary's spot.
Conditional picks. 2023 3rd, 2024 2nd, 2025 1st. Picks transfer each individual year if Eichel can't hit 60 points the season before.

Probably not quite such a large or complicated deal

If its Calgary, something like Monahan, Valimaki, Zary and Wolf, plus maybe a Cap balancing piece
(ie could be Zadorov over Valimaki for Cap reasons, but then Buff gets another future piece like a 2d))
Calgary might prefer sending a future 1st over Zary but Buff might prefer Zary

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Probably not quite such a large or complicated deal

If its Calgary, something like Monahan, Valimaki, Zary and Wolf, plus maybe a Cap balancing piece
(ie could be Zadorov over Valimaki for Cap reasons, but then Buff gets another future piece like a 2d))
Calgary might prefer sending a future 1st over Zary but Buff might prefer Zary

buffalo has no need at LD.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
For the people that continue to include monahan in eichel proposals, he has a M-NMC meaning, do you think he would be willing to go to Buffalo? He likely wouldn’t. Also he’s ufa in less than 2 yrs, then he walks. Buffalo likely wants a player under contract longer than 1.5 yrs.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
For the people that continue to include monahan in eichel proposals, he has a M-NMC meaning, do you think he would be willing to go to Buffalo? He likely wouldn’t. Also he’s ufa in less than 2 yrs, then he walks. Buffalo likely wants a player under contract longer than 1.5 yrs.

Rumblings he’s going to a third team. For more futures

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I've seen the Lucic family as Sabres games.... don't be so sure. Flames do the trade because a health Eichel is >> Lindholm.

Jack Eichel isn't healthy though, and as such he won't return a piece of Lindholm's caliber.

Lindholm is not available. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad