Speculation: Jack Eichel thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I'd love to see the Wings swoop in and land Eichel under the radar.

TO DET:
- Eichel

TO BUF
- Veleno
- Berggren
- Hronek
- 1st (lottery protected) 2022
- 1st (lottery protected) 2023

I don't have much interest in those particular prospects but if both those firsts are only top 2 protected then it's not bad.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I'd love to see the Wings swoop in and land Eichel under the radar.

TO DET:
- Eichel

TO BUF
- Veleno
- Berggren
- Hronek
- 1st (lottery protected) 2022
- 1st (lottery protected) 2023

I’d love to sleep with (famous hot attracts) but that’s not happening.

thus us a low ball garbage offer

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com

Lol it's really not.
Hronek, 30+ point dman on a good contract that expires as an RFA
Veleno just getting his feet wet in the NHL, former first rounder and highly regarded prospect that dropped a bit
Berggren, almost a first rounder, near a PPG in Sweden a year ago
2 first rounders

That's very, very reasonable.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

That actually isn't bad. One of those two 1st rounders is guaranteed to be a top 10 pick, likely 2022 in a deep draft.

Hronek is likely our 2nd best d-man and is likely a 2nd pairing guy long term.

The issue is Verano and Berggren aren't top tier prospects and the fact that puts Eichel in our division.

I gotta think the price for Detroit is higher than Anaheim/Vegas/Calgary simply because Eichel in our division long term is a disaster.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
That actually isn't bad. One of those two 1st rounders is guaranteed to be a top 10 pick, likely 2022 in a deep draft.

Hronek is likely our 2nd best d-man and is likely a 2nd pairing guy long term.

The issue is Verano and Berggren aren't top tier prospects and the fact that puts Eichel in our division.

I gotta think the price for Detroit is higher than Anaheim/Vegas/Calgary simply because Eichel in our division long term is a disaster.

You know both of those protected picks are gonna be “top 10” protected (aka no chance of the Wings losing out on 1st liners or someone to pair with Seider).

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
You know both of those protected picks are gonna be “top 10” protected (aka no chance of the Wings losing out on 1st liners or someone to pair with Seider).
In my hypothetical -- Top-3 protected only. Anything in the 4-10 range and beyond goes to Buffalo. So, for example... the deal could end up...

Eichel

for

Veleno
Berggren
Hronek
5th overall in 2022
9th overall in 2023

etc.

That's a massive haul for the Sabres IMO.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
In my hypothetical -- Top-3 protected only. Anything in the 4-10 range and beyond goes to Buffalo. So, for example... the deal could end up...

Eichel

for

Veleno
Berggren
Hronek
5th overall in 2022
9th overall in 2023

etc.

That's a massive haul for the Sabres IMO.

Fair enough. However I also can’t see the Sabres waiting until 2025 to potentially cash in (namely because 2022 would have to slide to 2023, and 2023 would have to slide to 2024, etc.)

For instance, the Seth Jones trade has the 2022 1st being top 2 protected that slides to 2023 with no protection. Which is the Hawks trying to not trade away Wright, but they’re risking trading away Bedard or Michkov.

Reactions: Boxscore

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Calgary:
Jack Eichel

Buffalo:
Matthew Tkachuk
Jakob Pelletier
Juuso Valimaki
Cond. 1st based on when Eichel plays a full season with the club.

And I am aware it's pretty much said and done he's going to Vegas.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Calgary:
Jack Eichel

Buffalo:
Matthew Tkachuk
Jakob Pelletier
Juuso Valimaki
Cond. 1st based on when Eichel plays a full season with the club.

And I am aware it's pretty much said and done he's going to Vegas.
You think the Flames are giving up Tkachuk and all of that for a dude about to have neck surgery? No way Tkachuk is in that. Swap him out for Monahan and possibly.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
You think the Flames are giving up Tkachuk and all of that for a dude about to have neck surgery? No way Tkachuk is in that. Swap him out for Monahan and possibly.

More for the sake of how much money Tkachuk is going to want, Calgary might not give it to him. Buffalo might just do it.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Eichel trade is either going to save a franchise or cripple one. Eichel is going to cost several mid/high end pieces, but nothing that would equal a happy and healthy Eichel. If Eichel comes back healthy next season and is a top 5-7 C in the NHL, that potentially saves a franchise (especially if they can reasonably fill in the roster around him). If he either doesn't come back or comes back very tentative/injury prone and is no longer elite, it'll set the franchise back years. Not to mention the finances if he's allowed the surgery and insurance doesn't cover him. Seemed like Vegas was the most likely to take that risk last week.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Lol you're dreaming if you think Monahan would be the centrepiece of an Eichel trade. Lindholm, Tkachuk or Mangiapane will be going the other way unless they are trading first rounders for the next 3 years. I don't know how anything less would be beneficial to Buffalo.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Ledge And Dairy

Lol you're dreaming if you think Monahan would be the centrepiece of an Eichel trade. Lindholm, Tkachuk or Mangiapane will be going the other way unless they are trading first rounders for the next 3 years. I don't know how anything less would be beneficial to Buffalo.
No one is calling Monahan a centerpiece...

You are out for lunch if you think Calgary would move any of those 3 players right now for someone who cant even play. Calgary easily has the prospects to make an Eichel trade realistic.

Reactions: Conbon

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018

Don't know how much faith to put into this but the Flames hot start this season maybe cools this off?

If Calgary are sending any significant roster players back for a player that won't be in the lineup for months, and may be awhile after that before he's fully back to his peak form, it may scuttle any hopes for a playoff position this season.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

Don't know how much faith to put into this but the Flames hot start this season maybe cools this off?

If Calgary are sending any significant roster players back for a player that won't be in the lineup for months, and may be awhile after that before he's fully back to his peak form, it may scuttle any hopes for a playoff position this season.

Still involved after they took 78 shots and went 1/6 on the PP and lost last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad