Speculation: Jack Eichel thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
He's like a more physical version of Ghostisbehere. Ideally you want him on the bottom pairing. Or as the #7.

He was placed on IR yesterday.

I think they're just trolling at this point.
No that was Rakell who was put on IR.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
More likely than not that is just some IT snafu. And I don't disagree that Buffalo is an unattractive destination relative to Anaheim, but Buffalo does have a bunch of Swedes.
I honestly just dont think anaheim is in on Eichel anymore.

Zegras/ drysdale arnt being moved
our 22 1st shouldn't be moved unless highly protected
I feel like BM has no intention of moving Mctavish

On the off chance Silf was involved... i could see him being moved to a 3rd team... as he would be a very attractive piece for a playoff team. Could prob get a 22 1st for him and do something like
22 1st(random team + our 23 1st
Comtois
Lacombe
+(+)

maybe not most attractive pieces, but you get out of the situation.... you get him as far away form Buffalo as possible... and you add a few nice futures pieces.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021

On the off chance Silf was involved... i could see him being moved to a 3rd team... as he would be a very attractive piece for a playoff team.

I was thinking third team also. It could even be Vegas if they are giving up Smith, Dadonov or Tuch in a deal.

Or it could just be a completely separate trade altogether with another team.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I was thinking third team also. It could even be Vegas if they are giving up Smith, Dadonov or Tuch in a deal.

Or it could just be a completely separate trade altogether with another team.

Ya the ducks could potentially add assets for buffalo, through a Silf trade... but who knows. I wish this would all be over soon... when we were rumored to be in on PLD, that one went pretty fast... this seems like its been forever now.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
That is odd re: Silfverberg not being on the roster. I'd be happy with him filling the salary filler role in any Eichel deal. He's a solid two-way guy.

Re: Terry, he's been awesome this year, but amazing how many Ducks fans who thought Comtois was more valuable than Terry during the offseason and have completely flipped in <10 games this year.
True, except Terry has been expected to be a top6 forward for a long time and he's finally physically maturing and i thought his problems last year was because he's not mentally strong enough.
Comtois some have suspected might have found out he was on a proposed trade to Buffalo that didn't happen and maybe he knows they are still working on it ?
What is going on with Comtois is bizarre, he's intentionally not going to the net and shooting from high dangerous spots anymore and instead trying to snipe from far which isn't his game.
He had a 17% shooting rate last year because he was shooting from point blank range and hitting in rebounds.
Comtois also recently got engaged to his GF and when Rakell got engaged his game was very bad on the ice lol.

More likely than not that is just some IT snafu. And I don't disagree that Buffalo is an unattractive destination relative to Anaheim, but Buffalo does have a bunch of Swedes.
and Silf seems like such a quiet low key guy who would prefer Buffalo as a city to a big place like NYC.
Silf seems to have mentored Lundestrom quite well who's been playing well with him.

I suppose a Ducks/Buffalo trade would end up like McTavish + Terry + Silf + Dostal + Steel for Eichel.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
True, except Terry has been expected to be a top6 forward for a long time and he's finally physically maturing and i thought his problems last year was because he's not mentally strong enough.
Comtois some have suspected might have found out he was on a proposed trade to Buffalo that didn't happen and maybe he knows they are still working on it ?
What is going on with Comtois is bizarre, he's intentionally not going to the net and shooting from high dangerous spots anymore and instead trying to snipe from far which isn't his game.
He had a 17% shooting rate last year because he was shooting from point blank range and hitting in rebounds.
Comtois also recently got engaged to his GF and when Rakell got engaged his game was very bad on the ice lol.

and Silf seems like such a quiet low key guy who would prefer Buffalo as a city to a big place like NYC.
Silf seems to have mentored Lundestrom quite well who's been playing well with him.

I suppose a Ducks/Buffalo trade would end up like McTavish + Terry + Silf + Dostal + Comtois + Steel for Eichel.

what the hell? lol

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

On the off chance Silf was involved... i could see him being moved to a 3rd team... as he would be a very attractive piece for a playoff team. Could prob get a 22 1st for him and do something like
22 1st(random team + our 23 1st
Comtois
Lacombe
+(+)

maybe not most attractive pieces, but you get out of the situation.... you get him as far away form Buffalo as possible... and you add a few nice futures pieces.

Buffalo has to have $8M come back on the 23 man roster ( likely a F and a D)

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
what the hell? lol
Forgot i included Comtois.
McTavish + Terry + Silf + Steel + Dostal for Eichel. Steel is literally just a toss in.
Ducks get to keep their 2022 1st, Zegras and Drysdale. I suspect that 2022 1st will be pretty high since Eichel won't play this year.
Build around a future of Eichel, Zegras, Drysdale, Perreault, Lundestrom, Comtois, Pastujov, Zellweger and probably re-sign Rakell to a discount deal and Lindholm as well.

bmoc

Sep 2, 2010
Ana
J. Eichel

Buf
M. McTavish, M. Comtois, S. Steel, J. LaCombe, Top 5 pick protected 2022 and 2nd pick

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Thats why you instead keep Andersson and send Zadorov instead to make the cap work
Andersson is not going for cap, hes going because hes a piece sabers would want and i rather trade him than mangi or dube. Tbh if it gets the job done I would still do it an not look back, not gonna get hang up on losing a top 4 D when the return is a top 10 player when healthy. Im also not very high on andersson either, hes seen very minimal improvements in the last 2 yrs to me.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ducks fans, is there any smoke that Anaheim is actually involved or just that guy saying Silverberg has disappeared?
I mean we were in on PLD , and we’ve consistently been in on eichel since the start…. We def are interested…. But I also imagine it’s more interested in a bargain price.

my guess is Anaheim has given Buffalo the price theyd pay and it’s likely not a bad package but less than Buffalo wants… so they are continuing trying to find a team that will give more or hoping Anaheim will get desperate and up the offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad