Speculation: Jack Eichel thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You have to think with Kyle's story coming out this week, the NHL wan't something... anything to distract from it.

I think Eichel get's dealt this week with the league helping facilitate a trade.
This isn't the way things work in the real world.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Did Friedman seriously report today that the talks between buffalo and Vegas have settled down? Jesus

I've said it many times over the past few months but I'll say it again...Friedman has REALLY damaged his credibility over his "reporting" of the Eichel saga. I now trust him no more than I do Eklund.

Reactions: is the answer jesus

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Wasn't Friedman also reporting last week that Vegas and buffalo talks were getting more serious? Doesn't seem like he's been out of left field or anything.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Wasn't Friedman also reporting last week that Vegas and buffalo talks were getting more serious? Doesn't seem like he's been out of left field or anything.

Seravalli had the latest info that talks 'intensified' this week. I take Friedman's speculation with a few grains of salt until other insiders corroborate it.

Friedman & Dreger get a lot of trades right, but they also throw a lot of shit at the wall to pad out their airtime.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
That’s not pressure. The pressure on the
Sabres will come when the insurance company says they will no longer pay their share of Jack’s 10 million. When the owner is on the hook for the full amount, then there will be pressure.

That's a pretty ingnorant statement.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Monahan Andersson Zary/Pelletier 1st + other stuff for Eichel and Miller. Dont want to move mangi or dube and i think buffalo prob wants andersson more anyway

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
I've said it many times over the past few months but I'll say it again...Friedman has REALLY damaged his credibility over his "reporting" of the Eichel saga. I now trust him no more than I do Eklund.

New Adam Schefter instead of Deshaun Watson we have eichel

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A long, drawn out game of chicken between Sabres mgmt. and Eichel as to which surgery should be had.
Eichel wants one type because he believes that there will be a better long term outcome for himself, not just in hockey, but in life.
Sabres want the other type, because....?

What a colossal botch job by the Sabres.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Remember that Friedman’s sources are agents and front office. He is probably being played as a pawn by Brisson, Buffalo’s FO, other teams FO.

Brisson tells him things are heating up with one team in order to get other teams to jump back in.

Buffalo gets frustrated with Vegas’ offer and tells Friedman that talks have cooled to put pressure on Vegas.

It is how the game is played with these insiders.

BuffaloKatanas

Jan 11, 2014
Boca Raton, FL
A long, drawn out game of chicken between Sabres mgmt. and Eichel as to which surgery should be had.
Eichel wants one type because he believes that there will be a better long term outcome for himself, not just in hockey, but in life.

And what if the Sabres doctors are genuinely concerned about how Eichel's preferred surgery will hold to 10 more years of hockey hits. The truth is none of us have the full picture and to put full blame on either party right now is just silly. The likely reality is that the Sabres realize ADR is better for Eichel's personal life, but are not willing to let him get it. They have been trying to get him to a situation where he can. Has this situation dragged longer than it should have? Yes, but let's just hope there is resolution soon and all parties are happy.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA

How do you know that this isn't an insurance issue? What if the Sabres' insurance company won't backstop the $50M left on Eichel's contract if he gets ADR? We don't have the facts.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site

The Sabres won’t let him get ADR surgery because the top medical doctors don’t approve of Eichel’s choice. To let him get it, it doesn’t work and they get nothing in return for him is disservice to your team. Eichel could get the surgery anytime but he knows it would void his $50 million contract and he knows the risks involved with the surgery.

What a colossal botch job by Eichel.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Because their doctors don’t approve it and the CBA says they get the final decision.

They think there is legitimate risk of paralysis if he gets hit and the disk dislodges and they don’t want any part in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad