Speculation: Jack Eichel thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Zadorov and Monahan are the 2 black sheep that Calgary wants to get rid of cause they suck. Not surprised to see them thrown in every offer. There’s a reason their there. Crappy players and waste of cap space.

Reactions: Shane Diesel

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Zadorov and Monahan are the 2 black sheep that Calgary wants to get rid of cause they suck. Not surprised to see them thrown in every offer. There’s a reason their there. Crappy players and waste of cap space.

Both have contracts expiring this year. Both are totally serviceable NHL players in their roles. They get thrown into trades, as both become redundant for the Flames. If the Flames acquire another centreman- then they don't need another top 6 centre like Monahan. For example, Eichel-Lindolm-Backlund is a very good top 3 center group, where does Monahan fit there?

Zadarov is not needed on the Flames, as Kylington has emerged as a legit #4. Zadarov was brought in to be a #4-5 to fill in while players like Valimaki and Kylington developed. Kylington is good to go now.

Neither of these players are "crappy" and would solidly fill roles on many other teams in the NHL.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Monahan is signed through 22/23

That's correct. Thank you. Either way at $6.375 I don't think Monahan holds much value, but he's far from a "crappy" player. He's playing a solid role on the Flames right now. He allows the Flames to role 3 competent centres, giving their high end wingers more ice time, while playing with top 6 centres.

If the Flames do upgrade at centre, Monahan becomes redundant. So Monahan getting thrown into every proposal has more to do with the structure of the Flames than Monahan himself. If the Flames didn't have Backlund and Lindholm already, or were moving either of them, then fans would be more likely to want to hold onto Monahan.

Reactions: Kahvi

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I bet he's traded to Columbus

I absolutely can see Columbus acquiring him. Even as an enemy and making an offer on their board, I was surprised by how open to the following deal many posters were (although I’m sure some have changed their stance somewhat):

To Buffalo:
- (one of) Johnson or Sillinger
- 2022 Chicago or Columbus 1st (worst pick between the two)
- Stanislav Svozil
- (one of) Chinakhov or Foudy
- Korpisalo

To Columbus:
- Eichel

It’s not an amazing package. It’s not a bad package. Columbus still keeps two higher rated prospects of theirs and a pick. They allow Korpisalo to become a 1G. And then have turned Jones into Eichel and Bogqvist.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Zadorov is junk. Monahan is a decent player and still young. In the right situation he can get 30 goals. He was just injured a lot the last few years but he is healthy now.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Zadorov is junk. Monahan is a decent player and still young. In the right situation he can get 30 goals. He was just injured a lot the last few years but he is healthy now.

Zadarov has actually been okay in his role for the Flames. He's a solid bottom paring guy who can play limited minutes as a #4. He's also an adequate goon for teams looking for toughness (like the Flames were).

I don't think he has any value, but if I was a team dealing with injuries or a lack of depth, he'd be an alright option to acquire for nothing.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Zadarov has actually been okay in his role for the Flames. He's a solid bottom paring guy who can play limited minutes as a #4. He's also an adequate goon for teams looking for toughness (like the Flames were).

I don't think he has any value, but if I was a team dealing with injuries or a lack of depth, he'd be an alright option to acquire for nothing.
Yeah he can be a depth dman

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Monahan looks slow and is in the Flames bottom 6 right now. Huge red flag coming off of major hip surgery. I don’t think you can count on 30g from now on. Also he just played his 600th game. He really isn’t that young in hockey years.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Monahan looks slow and is in the Flames bottom 6 right now. Huge red flag coming off of major hip surgery. I don’t think you can count on 30g from now on. Also he just played his 600th game. He really isn’t that young in hockey years.
He has always been a slow skater. He is 27, not old. Doesn’t matter how many games he played.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I absolutely can see Columbus acquiring him. Even as an enemy and making an offer on their board, I was surprised by how open to the following deal many posters were (although I’m sure some have changed their stance somewhat):

To Buffalo:
- (one of) Johnson or Sillinger
- 2022 Chicago or Columbus 1st (worst pick between the two)
- Stanislav Svozil
- (one of) Chinakhov or Foudy
- Korpisalo

To Columbus:
- Eichel

It’s not an amazing package. It’s not a bad package. Columbus still keeps two higher rated prospects of theirs and a pick. They allow Korpisalo to become a 1G. And then have turned Jones into Eichel and Bogqvist.
I feel like that package is better than anything that can be offered by Vegas or Calgary tbh.... but also seems really high from columbus perspective... i feel like the 4th slot would be something a little cheaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkusKetterer

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It also has an in conference tax.
I kinda forgot they were in conference... because that was essentially similer to anaheim offering

Mctavish
2022 1st(w/ top 8 protection)
Lacombe/Thrun
Perreault/Comtois/Pastujov
NHL roster player(not sure a good comparable there)

which would be pretty tough to part with all things considered.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I kinda forgot they were in conference... because that was essentially similer to anaheim offering

Mctavish
2022 1st(w/ top 8 protection)
Lacombe/Thrun
Perreault/Comtois/Pastujov
NHL roster player(not sure a good comparable there)

which would be pretty tough to part with all things considered.

Wouldn’t Comtois be the roster player? But I mean, I’ll accept Terry in that instance and take Comtois instead of Perreault and Pastujov ;) :sarcasm:

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Both have contracts expiring this year. Both are totally serviceable NHL players in their roles. They get thrown into trades, as both become redundant for the Flames. If the Flames acquire another centreman- then they don't need another top 6 centre like Monahan. For example, Eichel-Lindolm-Backlund is a very good top 3 center group, where does Monahan fit there?

Zadarov is not needed on the Flames, as Kylington has emerged as a legit #4. Zadarov was brought in to be a #4-5 to fill in while players like Valimaki and Kylington developed. Kylington is good to go now.

Neither of these players are "crappy" and would solidly fill roles on many other teams in the NHL.
Being serviceable doesn't mean you provide any value in a trade, especially for a guy like Eichel. And it's debatable that Zadorov is serviceable, the guy is an absolute pylon from what I've seen.

Those names can be throw ins but certainly not main pieces in a trade for Eichel.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Being serviceable doesn't mean you provide any value in a trade, especially for a guy like Eichel. And it's debatable that Zadorov is serviceable, the guy is an absolute pylon from what I've seen.

Those names can be throw ins but certainly not main pieces in a trade for Eichel.

Lol. Is anyone saying they are main pieces? They'd be going the other way to sort out the cap. Zadarov has zero to negative value, based on who is acquiring him. He'd be included to offset some of Eichel's contract, in an alternative to cap retention.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Jack Eichel isn't healthy though, and as such he won't return a piece of Lindholm's caliber.

Lindholm is not available. Period.

What do you propose giving up?

You’re not getting him for chaff like Monahan and Badarov.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Honestly in offseason duck fans were prob down to do
Mctavish
Terry
1st
Thrun
Lundy

now we wouldnt touch that, but you can still get comtois if you act fast :thumbu:

The 2021 1st (McT) and/or 2022 1st were likely never on the table to begin with, so you're only talking about HF posters packages being offered...AKA who cares.

The only report that came through was that Anaheim considered trying to do a deal around Eichel for Gibson? I'm not even sure that was a solid fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad