Speculation: Jack Eichel thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Nah Brisson is a legit piece too.

I think: one of Krebs/Brisson
One of Tuch/Smith
1st
Conditional 1st

Brisson Smith and conditional 1sts would be acceptable to take a risk on Eichel.

Though I don't see why Vegas wouldn't just trade Smith to NYR to clear cap. They'd get more value, it's a need for the Rangers and there were rumors that they talked about it in the offseason. (Kravtsov?)

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Coming here to say that I posted back during summer that Eichel was heading to Vegas and a few folks ripped me apart for it saying it’d never happen.

What up, now

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Congratulations, Vegas.
I was hoping and praying for Eichel all summer long, but it wasn't meant to be :(

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
My guess:

NYR to Buffalo: Kravtsov
Buffalo to VGK: Eichel, Caliggiula
VGK to NYR: Smith
VGK to Buffalo: Brisson+Thompson+Elvenes+Hague
+ a bunch of conditional 1sts

+Vegas sends more cap elsewhere later when someone comes off LTIR.

Why this happens:
-Buffalo has been scouting Kravtsov all preseason
-Stone resumed skating today. They were waiting on word of his health, so they can move a RW.
-Thompson is ready to step into the NHL soon and just had another monster game this afternoon
-Brisson plays with Power in Michigan so Buffalo has probably seen a lot of him
-NYR have been linked to Smith all summer
-Hutton was signed to replace Hague for the short term
-Buffalo were said to be high on Elvenes (maybe not so much after today though)

but then again, maybe not :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: neelynugs

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If I'm Buffalo I'm fine with Brisson as the futures piece over Krebs. Both are great. But I'm holding out for Theodore. Even just Theodore+Brisson might have to do.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Brisson Smith and conditional 1sts would be acceptable to take a risk on Eichel.

Though I don't see why Vegas wouldn't just trade Smith to NYR to clear cap. They'd get more value, it's a need for the Rangers and there were rumors that they talked about it in the offseason. (Kravtsov?)

That doesn’t get Eichel

Vegas is looking to fit him in the cap which why I thinks it’s Tuch and Theodore. Both longer term contracts that equal Eichel cap.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
My guess:

NYR to Buffalo: Kravtsov
Buffalo to VGK: Eichel, Caliggiula
VGK to NYR: Smith
VGK to Buffalo: Brisson+Thompson+Elvenes+Hague
+ a bunch of conditional 1sts

+Vegas sends more cap elsewhere later when someone comes off LTIR.

Why this happens:
-Buffalo has been scouting Kravtsov all preseason
-Stone resumed skating today. They were waiting on word of his health, so they can move a RW.
-Thompson is ready to step into the NHL soon and just had another monster game this afternoon
-Brisson plays with Power in Michigan so Buffalo has probably seen a lot of him
-NYR have been linked to Smith all summer
-Hutton was signed to replace Hague for the short term
-Buffalo were said to be high on Elvenes (maybe not so much after today though)

but then again, maybe not :dunno:

I just don't see the logic in the Rangers trading for Smith. We had a younger, better version of him (Buch) and moved him because they didn't have the cap space to pay him 5-6 million moving forward. So now they would trade a young former top ten pick for a downgrade on that player who will be UFA at the end of the year (a year where, realistically, the team is no threat for the Cup)? I just don't see how it makes sense. Easier to trade Kravtsov for draft capital or as sweetener in a package for something better (ie: Jones or Lundkvist + Krav for a good center prospect).

Reactions: duhmetreE

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I would guess it's Smith, Tuch, Krebs, and a 1st conditioned on Eichel's health or performance. Maybe Vegas talks Krebs down to Brisson.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Alright, if this is happening with VGK, here's my guess on the deal:

BUF gets:
Brisson
Hague
Smith
3 conditional picks -- 2022 1st that is easily attainable (like a 2nd if Eichel doesn't play at all this year) and a 2023 pick that scales based on 22/23 VGK performance (ie, 1st if they get to SCF, 2nd if they get to WCF, 3rd if they make playoffs) and a 2024 1st round pick that we only get if VGK wins the Cup AND Eichel is named playoffs MVP

VGK gets:
Eichel
Bjork

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I just don't see the logic in the Rangers trading for Smith. We had a younger, better version of him (Buch) and moved him because they didn't have the cap space to pay him 5-6 million moving forward. So now they would trade a young former top ten pick for a downgrade on that player who will be UFA at the end of the year (a year where, realistically, the team is no threat for the Cup)? I just don't see how it makes sense. Easier to trade Kravtsov for draft capital or as sweetener in a package for something better (ie: Jones or Lundkvist + Krav for a good center prospect).

How is a top 6 player for a kid who couldn't crack their lineup a downgrade? They have the cap space this year.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers take on Smith's money for the rest of this season. We are doing Vegas a favor here. The Rangers have the room to assume the money. We are helping facilitate this trade. Vegas sent MAF to Chicago for nothing. Kravtsov goes to Buffalo. Brisson goes to the Rangers. Drury wants a top prospect for Kravtsov. Not a pending unrestricted free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad