Speculation: Jack Eichel thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Could Boston build a convincing package for Buffalo:

DeBrusk, Carlo, Lysell, 1st Round Pick for Eichel.

Middle six winger that needs a change of scenery
Top 4 right D signed for 6 years. Much needed for Buffalo. Could be a perfect partner for Dahlin or Power
Top prospect
1st Round Pick
Boston would have to overpay a decent sum for the Sabres to send Eichel there.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Could Boston build a convincing package for Buffalo:

DeBrusk, Carlo, Lysell, 1st Round Pick for Eichel.

Middle six winger that needs a change of scenery
Top 4 right D signed for 6 years. Much needed for Buffalo. Could be a perfect partner for Dahlin or Power
Top prospect
1st Round Pick

Buffalo gets 2 players drafted in the same draft as Eichel. One is overpaid for a bottom pair D for the next 6 years. Dahlin is playimg on RD when Power joins.

Lysell …I don’t know much about him but Buffalo would want a young center in return.

They have invested in wingers the last few drafts in Quinn, Peterka, Rosen, Pekar, and 3 Russian wingers in 2nd and 3rd rounds in 21 draft.

Boston has to blow the dots down on an offer from a division foe

like McAvoy++

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I think Jack would be willing to risk the 50 million, by getting the surgery and forcing the Sabres to decide if they want to void the contract or not. I think there is very little chance he doesn't make the 50 million back in his career.

So far you are 100% wrong, and you don’t even have a rumor to back up this claim. What makes you think he’d willingly give up $50M? Silly talk.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
Buffalo gets 2 players drafted in the same draft as Eichel. One is overpaid for a bottom pair D for the next 6 years. Dahlin is playimg on RD when Power joins.

Lysell …I don’t know much about him but Buffalo would want a young center in return.

They have invested in wingers the last few drafts in Quinn, Peterka, Rosen, Pekar, and 3 Russian wingers in 2nd and 3rd rounds in 21 draft.

Boston has to blow the dots down on an offer from a division foe

like McAvoy++

Carlo is a 2nd pairing Dman in Boston, and would be the 2nd best Dman on the Sabres.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
True, but to be fair, I told Sabres fans that insiders I trust had said Jack's father stood up at a meeting and said his son would never play another game for the Sabres. I was almost unanimously disbelieved and some said "Jack has never asked for a trade".

People dig into positions even when all evidence says that they are wrong. It happens everywhere all the time.
All true.

Besides, when you were a Coroner in L.A., you and Sam had to stand your ground against your boss, Dr. Asten, and Lt Monahan ALL the time. It's where you got your stubbornness.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Um…Dahlin , Power, Jokiharju are clearly better. Hed by 3rd pair on buffalo.

Samuelson-Dahlin
Power-Jokiharju
Are the top 4

1) Power isn't in the NHL.
2) Sameulsson isn't in the NHL
3) Carlo > Joker, at least right now.

He'd be our 2nd best d-man right now. Now, I'm not moving Eichel to Boston, but Carlo would fit a clear need on our roster, our RHD depth after Jokiharju is non existent.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014

Samuelson-Dahlin
Power-Jokiharju
Are the top 4

Is this a projection of 2 years from now? Samuelsson is promising but not an established NHL player. Power is obviously a fantastic prospect, but there's still projection there and he might not leave Michigan for another few years. And I'd agree to disagree on Jokiharju, Carlo is absolutely better

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
1) Power isn't in the NHL.
2) Sameulsson isn't in the NHL
3) Carlo > Joker, at least right now.

He'd be our 2nd best d-man right now. Now, I'm not moving Eichel to Boston, but Carlo would fit a clear need on our roster, our RHD depth after Jokiharju is non existent.
Pasta would fit our roster as well. I'd ship Jack to Boston for Pasta, Carlo and a few picks.

Reactions: IGGY2JOHNNY

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Samuelson-Dahlin
Power-Jokiharju
Are the top 4

Wait a minute .... are you serious with this? Power, who isn't even in the NHL, is "clearly better" than Carlo? You think Jokijarju is "clearly better" than Carlo?

Based on what?

This is a ridiculous claim.

Reactions: iginlafan77

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
Eichel is never getting traded. I bet tomorrow some reporter will come out and say how close some team is, everyone will go crazy and nothing will happen for weeks.

Just trade him already so he can get the surgery and hopefully play some time this year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Eichel is never getting traded. I bet tomorrow some reporter will come out and say how close some team is, everyone will go crazy and nothing will happen for weeks.

Just trade him already so he can get the surgery and hopefully play some time this year.
Buffalo in Anaheim tonight

e5 eichel to Anaheim

ez clicks

Reactions: lwvs84
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad