Speculation: Jack Eichel thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
not true.

the team physician is a licensed independent doctor who sees other patients.

the team can have their own team doctor who is more likely a general medicine doctor or a nurse practitioner but they don’t treat major injuries. The team also has employed people like nutritionists and physical therapy personnel.

it violates medical ethics codes for them to do a team thing and toe a line.

Unlike lawyers, medical doctors actually have ethics and can have license suspended for these violations.

You are missing the point. I never said the doctor works full time for the team. I said he's selected and paid by the team. That is a fact - it is in the CBA. And that is what creates an inherent conflict.

The reputation of attorneys is deservedly bad. But there are plenty of bad doctors who commit billing fraud, prescription fraud, etc. Where I live, attorneys are much more heavily regulated and disciplined than doctors. It is much easier to suspend a legal license than a medical one. How many doctors are sue successfully for malpractice but remain licensed? Where I live, almost all of them keep their licenses.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Let's briefly humor your conspiracy theory and just assume that the Sabres medical staff aren't exercising medical judgment but just blocking Jack from getting ADR because they're biased. If ADR is assuredly safe/the best course of treatment, what on earth is the Sabres' motivation for creating an issue like this between the franchise and its franchise superstar center? Why would the Sabres want to alienate the best player they've had since Hasek? Do you see how completely insane that sounds???

Nice strawman. I never said ADR was "assuredly" safe and the best course of treatment.

I said that the team was wrongly preferring a procedure that had a known record of allowing Eichel to play in the NHL at the potential expense of his long term health. The Sabres only care about Eichel's play for the next 1-10 years (his playing career) - or his value in a trade. They don't care about his long term health. They don't care if he needs additional surgeries in 20 years.

This is not "conspiracy theory." In fact, the sabres have expressly stated they prefer fusion precisly because they perceive fusion as presenting the safest choice for him continuing to play in the NHL. Or stated differently, the only reason they oppose ADR is because they believe Eichel won't be able to play hockey with that procedure. THE ONLY REASON.

And in terms of why the Sabres would "want' to alienate their best player, I'm sure they didn't. But they did - and not just because of the injury situation. The Sabres have a long track record of doing exactly that because they are incompetent/stupid/poorly run. It is not just Eichel whose alienated.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Could Boston build a convincing package for Buffalo:

DeBrusk, Carlo, Lysell, 1st Round Pick for Eichel.

Middle six winger that needs a change of scenery
Top 4 right D signed for 6 years. Much needed for Buffalo. Could be a perfect partner for Dahlin or Power
Top prospect
1st Round Pick

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So right now Buffalo fans are hoping newhook, krebs are being offered. Both teams would require a lot of help to make it work.

Would be okay with the flames trio (Pelletier, Zary and coronato) …. Flames also would need help.

ducks don’t need that financial help, but I doubt they want the 22 1st involved, so your looking at

23 1st + mctavish as main piece . May be able to facilitate a 2022 1st from a team like isles/avs/ oilers for a guy like Rakell/Manson

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Surely a team like Detroit or Columbus has to be involved in order to facilitate a trade if Vegas is the frontrunner, right?
Sure Vegas has 6.4M of cap space because of LTIR, but that goes out the window as soon as Pacioretty comes back.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Surely a team like Detroit or Columbus has to be involved in order to facilitate a trade if Vegas is the frontrunner, right?
Sure Vegas has 6.4M of cap space because of LTIR, but that goes out the window as soon as Pacioretty comes back.

Seravalli mentioned there is some concern Stone might be out the entire regular season. That's really the only way I can see it making sense for Vegas. I can't see them moving multiple roster players off a team that's already depleted by injuries, but if they could cover Eichel's cap with a Stone LTIR then they can worry about further cap maneuvering in the summer.

Reactions: Mister Ed

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Seravalli mentioned there is some concern Stone might be out the entire regular season. That's really the only way I can see it making sense for Vegas. I can't see them moving multiple roster players off a team that's already depleted by injuries, but if they could cover Eichel's cap with a Stone LTIR then they can worry about further cap maneuvering in the summer.

I've heard mutliple podcasts saying that Stone's injury is a similar one to Zetterberg's, which isn't good. I can see Stone being in and out of the lineup for the rest of his contract.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site

Top 4 right D signed for 6 years. Much needed for Buffalo. Could be a perfect partner for Dahlin or Power
Top prospect
1st Round Pick
For Buffalo to send Eichel home to Boston it will take a Massive overpay. Like starting with McAvoy and that isn’t happening.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
So right now Buffalo fans are hoping newhook, krebs are being offered. Both teams would require a lot of help to make it work.

Would be okay with the flames trio (Pelletier, Zary and coronato) …. Flames also would need help.

ducks don’t need that financial help, but I doubt they want the 22 1st involved, so your looking at

23 1st + mctavish as main piece . May be able to facilitate a 2022 1st from a team like isles/avs/ oilers for a guy like Rakell/Manson

Where do Ducks fans think your 2022 1st will end up? I know they hope it’s 32nd overall (and 1st if that’s not the case), but realistically? Are they expecting it to be top 5? Or 6-10?

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

Top prospect
1st Round Pick
The problem with Boston first rounders is they tend to the high twenties. Easily they have the assets but I'm not sure it would be worth it for them. A 10 mil add is tough going for any talent rich team.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I don't think he's staying in the East much less within the division short of an absurd overpay. Vegas, Calgary, Anaheim, LA, etc. will remain the frontrunners.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Where do Ducks fans think your 2022 1st will end up? I know they hope it’s 32nd overall (and 1st if that’s not the case), but realistically? Are they expecting it to be top 5? Or 6-10?
My guess is top 5, I expect some type of moves… have some expiring contracts and if the team starts to really struggle gibson may want out

Reactions: MarkusKetterer

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
My guess is top 5, I expect some type of moves… have some expiring contracts and if the team starts to really struggle gibson may want out

Fair enough. Unfortunately any trade proposals on here between Duck and Sabre fans results in a lot of ignorance, on both sides. Hence the pointless bickering. On the plus side, Duck fans also don’t claim everybody is “guaranteed HOF level” and therefore untouchable :laugh:

I personally think McTavish + Comtois is a solid base, and then the rest is where the tweaking needs to happen.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fair enough. Unfortunately any trade proposals on here between Duck and Sabre fans results in a lot of ignorance, on both sides. Hence the pointless bickering. On the plus side, Duck fans also don’t claim everybody is “guaranteed HOF level” and therefore untouchable :laugh:

I personally think McTavish + Comtois is a solid base, and then the rest is where the tweaking needs to happen.
I think the issues are more or less Anaheim is in a weird position asset wise…. Our 1st this year is significantly more valuable than say the flames , or Vegas. Ultimately too risky to move.

I think mctavish is getting severely underrated by Sabres fans when talkin trade value because he’s our “3rd” best prospect…. But at same time would be stoked to get Pelletier, Zary or coronato…. And I’d be willing to guess mctavish is generally ranked above all 3 prospects. People act like he’s some throw away prospect or something

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I think they should have taken 3rd overall + comtois ++ at draft and been done with all of it.

Woulda ended up with eklund/kj + comtois + couple other solid prospects

seems like buff gambled and may have lost

Reactions: robbieboy3686

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I think the issues are more or less Anaheim is in a weird position asset wise…. Our 1st this year is significantly more valuable than say the flames , or Vegas. Ultimately too risky to move.

I think mctavish is getting severely underrated by Sabres fans when talkin trade value because he’s our “3rd” best prospect…. But at same time would be stoked to get Pelletier, Zary or coronato…. And I’d be willing to guess mctavish is generally ranked above all 3 prospects. People act like he’s some throw away prospect or something

I think he’s underrated because of the draft (no fault of his). It’s gonna be a draft where in 5 years, there’s gonna be a lot of higher pick “busts”, and a lot of lower picks “boom”.

I had him 4th on my personal draft board behind Beniers, Eklund and Svechkov, so I wasn’t surprised the Ducks took him. Although I did think they’d take whoever was left between Beniers and Eklund, then it was between McTavish and Johnson for 4th.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I think they should have taken 3rd overall + comtois ++ at draft and been done with all of it.

Woulda ended up with eklund/kj + comtois + couple other solid prospects

seems like buff gambled and may have lost

I agree. I was probably one of the few that thought that.

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad