Speculation: Jack Eichel thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
I'd have to think if this goes on long enough then Montreal might be back in because of they have a top 5 pick to offer that would have to change things. Couple of prospects tearing up the Q right now too.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
I think the issues are more or less Anaheim is in a weird position asset wise…. Our 1st this year is significantly more valuable than say the flames , or Vegas. Ultimately too risky to move.

I think mctavish is getting severely underrated by Sabres fans when talkin trade value because he’s our “3rd” best prospect…. But at same time would be stoked to get Pelletier, Zary or coronato…. And I’d be willing to guess mctavish is generally ranked above all 3 prospects. People act like he’s some throw away prospect or something

As a flames fan, I absolutely would rank McTavish ahead of any of those 3 flames prospects

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
That seems like a lot unless there are a bunch of conditions on the 1st.

The way the Flames are playing the first will not be a high end lottery pick. Conditions would be pretty inconsequential and shouldn't be a deal breaker. It would take a lot of things going wrong for the Flames to slip from near the top of their division to the bottom. I know it's early, but they have too much depth to be a bottom feeder. Might not be a contender, but I don't see the Flames as bottom 5 either.

Ledge And Dairy

So right now Buffalo fans are hoping newhook, krebs are being offered. Both teams would require a lot of help to make it work.

Would be okay with the flames trio (Pelletier, Zary and coronato) …. Flames also would need help.

ducks don’t need that financial help, but I doubt they want the 22 1st involved, so your looking at

23 1st + mctavish as main piece . May be able to facilitate a 2022 1st from a team like isles/avs/ oilers for a guy like Rakell/Manson
With McTavish's early season performance im gonna say he's probably unavailable

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The way the Flames are playing the first will not be a high end lottery pick. Conditions would be pretty inconsequential and shouldn't be a deal breaker. It would take a lot of things going wrong for the Flames to slip from near the top of their division to the bottom. I know it's early, but they have too much depth to be a bottom feeder. Might not be a contender, but I don't see the Flames as bottom 5 either.
Fair enough.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Its the first time its been mentioned in the media and still unconfirmed. To be fair.

I’ve been talking about it for quite a while.

Teams star players have their contracts insured against long term injuries or career ending injuries like Pronger/Savard.

Insurance only covers what is recommended by professionals. They will not cover experimental or at risk procedures.

like I said previouslly many times…they won’t cover the contract if (1) he has ADR and never plays again or (2) he has ADR and gets the same injury to the neck thus being on IR or never plays again.

Eichel has to absorb the risk of ADR if he never plays or gets reinjured and can’t play again.

He can’t have it both ways

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Its the first time its been mentioned in the media and still unconfirmed. To be fair.
LOL! That's true but I think we can assume it's true by now.

Anyway, I am sure some posters will still question it. It's the mighty melting pot that is HF. :)

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
That doesn’t solve the problem. He’s trying to hang on to the $50M he’s due to earn. Retiring guarantees he gives it up.

If he refuses the only surgery insurance will approve, he either gets the fusion, retires, or finds an owner who doesn’t care about insurance. Neither of those options seem any more likely than the other at this point.

The only option that leaves Buffalo with a valuable asset is if Eichel gets the fusion. Which doesn’t seem likely.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
If he refuses the only surgery insurance will approve, he either gets the fusion, retires, or finds an owner who doesn’t care about insurance. Neither of those options seem any more likely than the other at this point.

The only option that leaves Buffalo with a valuable asset is if Eichel gets the fusion. Which doesn’t seem likely.
Why on earth would he get the surgery he surgery he doesn’t want and then retire anyway.

We’re not talking about health insurance here. It’s the insurance on his $80M contract that is the problem.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Why on earth would he get the surgery he surgery he doesn’t want and then retire anyway.

We’re not talking about health insurance here. It’s the insurance on his $80M contract that is the problem.

That's what I mean, sorry I misspoke. Insurance doesn't seem to want to cover the contract if he gets that surgery. I assume the cost of the actual cost of the surgery itself is negligible.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
LOL! That's true but I think we can assume it's true by now.

Anyway, I am sure some posters will still question it. It's the mighty melting pot that is HF. :)
True, but to be fair, I told Sabres fans that insiders I trust had said Jack's father stood up at a meeting and said his son would never play another game for the Sabres. I was almost unanimously disbelieved and some said "Jack has never asked for a trade".

People dig into positions even when all evidence says that they are wrong. It happens everywhere all the time.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
If he's not able to be insured for the surgery he's insistent on, it might be time to start talking about retirement.

I think Jack would be willing to risk the 50 million, by getting the surgery and forcing the Sabres to decide if they want to void the contract or not. I think there is very little chance he doesn't make the 50 million back in his career.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
True, but to be fair, I told Sabres fans that insiders I trust had said Jack's father stood up at a meeting and said his son would never play another game for the Sabres. I was almost unanimously disbelieved and some said "Jack has never asked for a trade".

People dig into positions even when all evidence says that they are wrong. It happens everywhere all the time.
Well people tend to disbelieve people who constantly pretend to be a doctor on internet messageboards. All makes sense.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Well people tend to disbelieve people who constantly pretend to be a doctor on internet messageboards. All makes sense.
Sure.

Which makes sense.

If only I knew of someone who did that, and didn't just pick a username based on a character in an old tv show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad