Post-Game Talk: Jack Campbell is a Toronto Maple Leaf. Leafs win.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Really happy to see good goaltending and also pretty happy with how Chucky is playing, pleasantly surprised.

Seems to enjoy playing here.

I think more and more players are beginning to realize that playing in Toronto is a good thing. Lou set a standard for professionalism which Dubas has maintained, while adding his personal touches that include: attempting to do right by the player when things don't go as expected here (Leivo, Lehtonen), his concern for a players' well being (Mikheyev), putting a player into a position where their efforts can succeed (Galchenyuk). Of course there are other examples, but as an organization the Leafs are showing the league that a player, should he come to Toronto, will be treated well and professionally. This approach will bear fruit.

Reactions: TopChedder

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Jackie Boy has heart, unlike andersen who does the same f***ing routine after every goal against where he takes his mask off, takes a swig and makes zero effort to show the will to adapt and overcome. Andersen = loser. WINNERS WIN, LOSERS LOSE

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I wouldn’t bet on it. McDavid is built differently. Doesn’t take a shift off or a game off.
He had 0 in 3 versus the leafs. He is playing insane and is easily the best player in the league but he has cold spells to.

Matthews has dropped down hard and isn't a top 3 player this year any longer. He needs to seriously get it going if he wants to win the rocket

Reactions: 6ix

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Lets do a run down if you don't believe me

He starts with the Habs as their "NEW SAVIOUR,,new #1c" ,,he does pretty good there but driven from town because he was not the one

Ends up in zona, completely crap team and organization but still is OK with 41 points 3rd on team

does a split season between Pit/Miny,,in Pit they put him on the 4th line with a small taste of 3rd Pp

in Miny he does ok,,40p pace and then 8 games this year for a trash Ott team

He will do absolutely fine here with the chance he is getting.
i never said he wouldnt be "fine" here. but given the past 3 years hes more likely to end up that galy then the 30 goal galy from mtl. regardless, hes a better version of vesey at minimum so im not unhappy hes here no matter what transpires.

i still think we should be trading for a top 6 winger though.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
i never said he wouldnt be "fine" here. but given the past 3 years hes more likely to end up that galy then the 30 goal galy from mtl. regardless, hes a better version of vesey at minimum so im not unhappy hes here no matter what transpires.

i still think we should be trading for a top 6 winger though.
we have that top 6 winger,,

now lets get some D depth so Marincin is not the 2nd name on the D depth charts

lets find someone who might be a OK ish 2nd C if one of the big 2 goes down,,Like Eric Staal

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
He had 0 in 3 versus the leafs. He is playing insane and is easily the best player in the league but he has cold spells to.

Matthews has dropped down hard and isn't a top 3 player this year any longer. He needs to seriously get it going if he wants to win the rocket
Tbh, I've started to care less about the Rocket and all these individual awards.

Just hoping for Matthews to get back to being an impact player, doesn't have to score every game tbh. I'd like to see team play well and they go strong into the playoffs.

Team success will always trump the individual awards for me.

I know the individual awards are sexy especially on this forum board, but meh.

Reactions: HellasLEAF

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
we have that top 6 winger,,

now lets get some D depth so Marincin is not the 2nd name on the D depth charts

lets find someone who might be a OK ish 2nd C if one of the big 2 goes down,,Like Eric Staal
well thats the thing, we prob pick up somebody who plays wing and can slot in a center if need be, aka a top 6 winger haha. really nylander can play center if needed..i think hes a better center than winger personally.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Been to Jasper multiple times(my cousins live there). I'd rather live in a cosmopolitan city compared to a place where the biggest attraction is a mall with submarine (even if the submarine is cool).
I get that, fair enough, Submarine LONG gone. Early 90'sish. People out west wonder why I like visiting Toronto so much other than family and friends. More to it than that. I love walking in High Park Toronto islands is beautiful, the Tower over looking a Jays game is neat. Niagara falls a quick trip down the highway etc.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Just love his attitude. Constantly tapping his D shins to let them they did good

I didn't mind Gally. He's definitely better than Vesey. He needs more opportunities
I would put him with Spezza instead. Spezza could use a finisher

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
i lived in calgary, banff and lake louise when i was younger. loved the mountains. calgary was cool too...spent alot of time at cowboys haha

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
well thats the thing, we prob pick up somebody who plays wing and can slot in a center if need be, aka a top 6 winger haha. really nylander can play center if needed..i think hes a better center than winger personally.
When we are talking about a serious cup run ,,you want those 1000+ games of experience there(surrounded by young fast legs Gal/Willy),,not some guy who probably does not have 25+ nhl games in that spot

and if Engvall and his limited experience gets owned in the POs,,you have ES to fix that.

I really like the idea of a #2C injury replacement that has been there,,done that and maybe with some fast legs/with skill,,Galy/willy , he stands a chance at a rebirth,,kinda like Spez on the 4th line.

Staal would not be a tire fire replacement,,,i'm not sure i can say that about any other players we have

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
You are right, it mostly has to do with the annoying Oiler fans. I f***ing hate the Oilers with a passion.

I apologize for generalizing the city. Been there once a few years back.

and they hate us. Believe me. Everytime i've gone to a Leafs game here, its been a great time though, they drop their little "six-ty se-ven chants" which we drown out with GO LEAFS GO!!!

Only benefit, is I get all the Leafs if I want every regular season and playoff draft.

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
i bet ya $100, they put fred back in next game lol, leafy things. so stupid. let fred get healed, jack will win alot. but leafs management is too stupid. watch.

Mar 26, 2010
and they hate us. Believe me. Everytime i've gone to a Leafs game here, its been a great time though, they drop their little "six-ty se-ven chants" which we drown out with GO LEAFS GO!!!

Only benefit, is I get all the Leafs if I want every regular season and playoff draft.
Yeah, I am sure it gets rowdy there when the Leafs are in town.

yeah, I know they hate us right back. Just go to the Main board here... lol.

Reactions: The Cobra

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I get that, fair enough, Submarine LONG gone. Early 90'sish. People out west wonder why I like visiting Toronto so much other than family and friends. More to it than that. I love walking in High Park Toronto islands is beautiful, the Tower over looking a Jays game is neat. Niagara falls a quick trip down the highway etc.
Damn, loved the Submarine. Swear I saw it in the late 90's (still remember buying a Leaf's jersey there shortly after we signed Cujo)

You missed my edit, this is just fans talk, if you enjoy Edmonton, that's all that matters. It's just not for me. I've seen Calgary, Drumheller, Pichers Creek, Banff, Jasper, and Edmonton. I'm a city kid, it was entering a different universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad